Share your Hot Take on Rex Ryan possibly returning to coach in AFC East?

Multiple reports have speculated on the possibility of Rex Ryan A.) either coaching in Miami or B.) becoming DC of The Jets

Share your hot take on Rex’s potential return to coaching!

To me, I don’t think it happens.  I think this is Rex’s “super agent” Jimmy Sexton trying to make it look like he’s in demand.  Kind of like what he did with another former ex Bills coach Doug Marrone in 2015.  

But I would absolutely love this idea for a few reasons:

1.) I don’t think Rex is a great coach.  His overall “smash mouth football” philosophy seems to be passe and I think he needs unique personnel to run his complex defense. I think better football kinda give the Bills a harder time 2X a year.

2.) Rex is entertaining as hell.  He’s like the fat kid bully in middle school (All talk, no action) who has mellowed out in his later years.  His delusions of grandeur and comedy are a lot of fun.  He makes the NFL more entertaining 

3.) I will love to see the Bills beat him and to read the reactions of fans when things eventually go awry.  

Agaib, I don’t think any sane owner would bring Rex and his “clown show” but a part of me is really hoping there is.

Edited by BillyWhiteShows
  • Like (+1) 4

Agree with all those points. He's a fun dude to have in the AFCE and not bad at all to have around to beat up on!

Bills logic has me thinking there's a chance he comes in and makes the Dolphins or Jets the #1 defense next year. Because that's just what happens to the Bills. 

Could happen. He only has one more year of Pegulabucks coming his way, and by then he may just be forgotten. I could see him doing this to keep his name out there for the inevitable Coach firings/ staff shuffling next year too. 5 mil for doing nothing while talking on TV is a lotta groceries. 

34 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Agree with all those points. He's a fun dude to have in the AFCE and not bad at all to have around to beat up on!

Bills logic has me thinking there's a chance he comes in and makes the Dolphins or Jets the #1 defense next year. Because that's just what happens to the Bills. 

Yeah I thought of that too.  It’s extremely unlikely but even that would be kind of cool.  I can remember how defeated Rex was around Week 15 and 16 of the NFL season.  He just looked completely disheveled.

He was wise to stop the bleeding and ask to be fired.  Reminded me of a capo in a mob movie who knows he’s gonna get whacked.  “Just do it already, Don Terry!”

15 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Could happen. He only has one more year of Pegulabucks coming his way, and by then he may just be forgotten. I could see him doing this to keep his name out there for the inevitable Coach firings/ staff shuffling next year too. 5 mil for doing nothing while talking on TV is a lotta groceries. 

$5 million for doing nothing is actually a better deal!

I remember reading article that said while they are paying Rex, the Bills are entitled to up to $5 of money Rex makes working.  So Pegulas pay Rex $5M, and ESPN pays the Pegulas $5M.  Essentially Rex talks on the air for free!!!!!

Edited by BillyWhiteShows
  • Like (+1) 1

The Jets and Dolphins are effed up enough on their own.  If it's going to be the AFCE can't it be the Patriots*****.  That would be the ultimate revenge.  If he can't beat them, join them... and let his off-the-rails s***show corrupt them from the inside out.

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We’d never be so lucky 

He did take the Jets to TWO straight AFC championship games ,  beating the pats* on the ROAD to get there sooo there’s that , 

just stating the facts !!

Edited by Putin

What gm or coach in their right mind would hire Rex as a DC? He absolutely destroyed a great defense that the bills had when he came here. I would even argue the bills 2014 defense was better than the bills defense this year 

Edited by Steptide
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Wow. 

Medic!  Medic!  Serious case of BBFS in Bay 3! 

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

What gm or coach in their right mind would hire Rex as a DC? He absolutely destroyed a great defense that the bills had when he came here. I would even argue the bills 2014 defense was better than the bills defense this year 

Rex Ryan is a great NFL defensive mastermind.  Just ask him, he'll tell you.

• Haha (+1) 3