Stephon Gilmore - first team AP All-Pro

Just now, Bills92 said:

No.   But they don't give up on plays.  

Horse manure.  Deion used to give up on plays routinely.  Josh Norman does it all the time as well.

Was Gilmore in the right to point at teammates before the conclusion of the play?  Absolutely not.  Do the 3-4 isolated incidents where it happened mean he's not one of the best? Absolutely not.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Horse manure.  Deion used to give up on plays routinely.  Josh Norman does it all the time as well.

Was Gilmore in the right to point at teammates before the conclusion of the play?  Absolutely not.  Do the 3-4 isolated incidents where it happened mean he's not one of the best? Absolutely not.

Deion was soft, but he was soooo good in just about every other area that it made up for it. Still never liked the guys style, but he was exceptional. Just don’t want guys like Gilmore on my team. He’s much easier to root against than root for. 

He flat out didn't want to be here and most definitely didn't give his best efforts his final year here (Jimmy Graham hurdle, TNF arm tackles vs Jets to name a few). He was definitely one of my favorite players up until his contract year with us - aside from that year, he was solid but not great in his tenure here. Anyone trying to discredit his skills is bitter more than anything else. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Got a good one for you.  Watch Chris Hogan BURN Gilmore!  He is clearly best for a huge play and rather than take responsibility, he looks around at his teammates as to say “not my fault, bro.”  He did this a lot towards the beginning of last season too with The Patriots.  

There were big moments in games, where Gilmore did not delivers.  That’s why I stand by my claim - good but not one of the best.

go to 1:17.  You’ll see it:

https://youtu.be/j698yPWaWQY

My god. What logic. 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Deion was soft, but he was soooo good in just about every other area that it made up for it. Still never liked the guys style, but he was exceptional. Just don’t want guys like Gilmore on my team. He’s much easier to root against than root for. 

I don't really agree with that.  He's a quiet guy that just goes about his job.  And he's good at it.

3 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

He flat out didn't want to be here and most definitely didn't give his best efforts his final year here (Jimmy Graham hurdle, TNF arm tackles vs Jets to name a few). He was definitely one of my favorite players up until his contract year with us - aside from that year, he was solid but not great in his tenure here. Anyone trying to discredit his skills is bitter more than anything else. 

Patently false.  The Bills low-balled him when he was going to be the #1 corner on the market.  He would've gladly stayed for CB1 money, but he wasn't offered CB1 money here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, GG said:

He definitely played at a high level in Buffalo, yet somehow the refs have now stopped calling ticky tack PI on him.  Amazing how that affects DB rankings.

This post needs to be repeated. 

Just now, Irv said:

Gilmore tackling was about as effective as a football bat.

He wasn't a great tackler, but he could stick it to WRs with authority.  I'll never forget him railroading Gronk at the goal-line to break up a TD, or the shot he fed Emmanuel Sanders that was called for a BS DPI penalty.

Also, if you don't like his run support, shield your eyes from Levi Wallace :lol: ...you'll have a coronary.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't really agree with that.  He's a quiet guy that just goes about his job.  And he's good at it.

Patently false.  The Bills low-balled him when he was going to be the #1 corner on the market.  He would've gladly stayed for CB1 money, but he wasn't offered CB1 money here.

Okay, I was definitely making an assumption there, but I really don't think he wanted to stay unless it was for money he couldn't refuse (which we couldn't do thanks to Whaley's cap management) - talking about how his relatives could finally get to watch him play, saying how the "pats were beating him his entire career," not even saying thank you to Buffalo once on his way out, etc.

40 minutes ago, gordong said:

who???  

***** Gilmore

^^^

39 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

who?

^^^

39 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

He never performed to that level as a Bill.  He was capable, high end....but had shortcomings....particularily his unwillingness to stick his shoulder in their against the run.

^^^

22 minutes ago, mattynh said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

^^^

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Who ??

The dishonor roll of embittered Bills fans hating on ex-Bills who wanted to play on winning teams or wanted to be paid market value for their skills surfaces every time such a player does well on his new team.  Maybe you fools should focus your bitterness on the Bills ownership, front office, and coaching staff who keep letting talented players leave while fielding a roster filled with non-NFL caliber players in the name of some cliche like "it all about the process" when it's really all about how big a profit the billionaire owner rakes in.

1 minute ago, Wsam4031 said:

He had a good year but 1st team all pro top 2 in the league no way

Who's better?

20 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I have to think it's because Tre's persona is more excited and happy as opposed to Gilmore.  Frankly, I don't think it matters, but emotion is everything nowadays.

The bit Tre did with the hockey goalie stuff though is pretty funny.  I could never see Gilmore doing anything like that. 

It's not Tre's "persona".  It's that White plays for the Bills currently and Gilmore no longer does.  When the Bills decline to re-sign White and he moves on (as they've done for all their top corners over the years), the same cretins will surface with the same hatred for him as they now have for Gilmore. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Okay, I was definitely making an assumption there, but I really don't think he wanted to stay unless it was for money he couldn't refuse (which we couldn't do thanks to Whaley's cap management) - talking about how his relatives could finally get to watch him play, saying how the "pats were beating him his entire career," not even saying thank you to Buffalo once on his way out, etc.

Maybe...I guess that feels a bit forced to me.  Very few FAs do the "thank you sir" routine on their way out of town; they know it's a business just like we do.

1 minute ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Never wanted to be here , the guy’s a tool. Doesn’t really love the game and it showed in BUF. 

• Like (+1) 1