Stephon Gilmore - first team AP All-Pro

Great year for him and a great player.

However, might I please just add something that came up the day, or day after he was drafted by the Bills.

Someone on WGR brought up to a Bills rep, or someone from an outside media source, that he seemed extremely disinterested during his media interview, and essentially, disinterested in being a Buffalo Bill.

The person interviewed quickly responded, no no, that's the way he is all the time.  low key, cool as ice.

Well into the McBeane Era and seeing how thing have changed, and even given later Patriot interviews by Gilmroe where he admitted to being a me guy I can't help but believe...yeah...the guy honestly didn't want to be here.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Agreed. Absolutely love Tre. But that has nothing to do with abilities at corner, nor should it have anything to do with liking someone’s play or not liking it. 

Fans in general often like a player’s play based on things with zero to do with the actual playing. 

If Gilmore has Tre White’s personality, fans would have loved him.  

62110861.jpg

Just now, BillyWhiteShows said:

True but the best cornerbacks make big plays in big moments.  I felt Gilmore didn’t really step up when you needed him to.

Good cbs often don’t make big plays but they aren’t target.  Gilmore would shut down Antonio Brown.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If Gilmore has Tre White’s personality, fans would have loved him.  

62110861.jpg

Good cbs often don’t make big plays but they aren’t target.  Gilmore would shut down Antonio Brown.

“Good cbs often don’t make big plays but they aren’t target” HUH?!?!?!?  English?!?

I stand by my claim.....Very good CB,  not one of the Top 5 best.  At least not when he was in Buffalo.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

This shouldn't surprise anyone.

He was an excellent corner here, and now he's being used by a coaching staff that somehow always finds a way to get more out of players than any other staff.

You are gonna upset hateful fans. Quick post something positive about McD.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

“Good cbs often don’t make big plays but they aren’t target” HUH?!?!?!?  English?!?

I stand by my claim.....Very good CB,  not one of the Top 5 best.  At least not when he was in Buffalo.

Typing fast in my office.  I believe making all pro would make him a top 5 corner, correct? ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

This shouldn't surprise anyone.

He was an excellent corner here, and now he's being used by a coaching staff that somehow always finds a way to get more out of players than any other staff.

So Belichick might know more than disgruntled Bills fans? ?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Got a good one for you.  Watch Chris Hogan BURN Gilmore!  He is clearly best for a huge play and rather than take responsibility, he looks around at his teammates as to say “not my fault, bro.”  He did this a lot towards the beginning of last season too with The Patriots.  

There were big moments in games, where Gilmore did not delivers.  That’s why I stand by my claim - good but not one of the best.

go to 1:17.  You’ll see it:

https://youtu.be/j698yPWaWQY

Edited by BillyWhiteShows
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, GG said:

He definitely played at a high level in Buffalo, yet somehow the refs have now stopped calling ticky tack PI on him.  Amazing how that affects DB rankings.

This cannot be overstated. He gets away with a lot more now that he has the “ eagle wing” on his helmet. Makes a world of difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Got a good one for you.  Watch Chris Hogan BURN Gilmore!  He is clearly best for a huge play and rather than take responsibility, he looks around at his teammates as to say “not my fault, bro.”  He did this a lot towards the beginning of last season too with The Patriots.  

There were big moments in games, where Gilmore did not delivers.  That’s why I stand by my claim - good but not one of the best.

go to 1:17.  You’ll see it:

https://youtu.be/j698yPWaWQY

So in order to be one of the best, a guy can't ever get beaten?  Got it.

Who is one of the best then?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillyWhiteShows said:

Not really....it’s all arbitrary 

All pro teams are what teams use to value players. You’re just teaching now because you don’t like the guy.  I get trying to put down the pro bowl but most rational people agree all pro teams are very accurate.

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

And virtually everyone here thinks Tre is great, which is why the Gilmore criticism was insane. 

White is just as good if not better and a more likeable personality. It’s not hard to understand. Fans want to like their team. Gilmore is good, but overrated now that he’s a Pat. I still didn’t want the Bills to pay him and I’m glad they didn’t.