Josh throws the ball out of the stadium. Do you think it happens ever?

ILBillsfan

So after watching the Kyle Williams mic'd up he made the comment after Josh ran the 30 yard touchdown that he thought he was gonna try to throw the ball out of the stadium.

So from the layout of the stadium I think the west end would probably be more ideal unless of course the wind was crazy. I think this would be awesome to see him do and it has obviously been talked about by his teammates.

I could see it definitely happen and will look forward to it when it does. I think the fans would go nuts and some lucky person outside will get a ball that could be a real collection item :)

• Like (+1) 2

Well according to wiki, the field is 50ft below ground level and the top of the upper deck is 60ft above.  So being 110ft to get it over the 300 sections and probably around 75-80ft around the end zones (not accounting for the jumbotron and suites).

That being said I'm sure he could do it and want to see it.

Also I'd be curious if he did if it would circumvent the 6k fine for throwing the football into the stands since he would technically be throwing it over the stands and out of the stadium.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

So he's got to throw the thing 110' up & do so at a considerable distance away?  Don't think it can be done.

110' is the apex of a good punt; he might be able to do that (though I'm skeptical), but I doubt he could achieve that hgt at a significant distance.

I've (obviously) never been down on the field & it's been a number of years since my last time at the stadium, but I'm roughly guessing maybe 50 yds plus?

37 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Also I'd be curious if he did if it would circumvent the 6k fine for throwing the football into the stands since he would technically be throwing it over the stands and out of the stadium.

It's up to 6 grand?? Cripes. 

19 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

So he's got to throw the thing 110' up & do so at a considerable distance away?  Don't think it can be done.

110' is the apex of a good punt; he might be able to do that (though I'm skeptical), but I doubt he could achieve that hgt at a significant distance.

I've (obviously) never been down on the field & it's been a number of years since my last time at the stadium, but I'm roughly guessing maybe 50 yds plus?

110' is over the 300 sections.  Not the end zones.  That's probably closer to 75-80' (guessing that is).

45 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well according to wiki, the field is 50ft below ground level and the top of the upper deck is 60ft above.  So being 110ft to get it over the 300 sections and probably around 75-80ft around the end zones (not accounting for the jumbotron and suites).

That being said I'm sure he could do it and want to see it.

24 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

110' is to the top of the upper deck, though, right?

I don't think he has to throw it that high to make out of the endzone portion of the stadium.

It does look like it would have to travel a distance of 60 or so yards, as you look at photos.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

110' is to the top of the upper deck, though, right?

I don't think he has to throw it that high to make out of the endzoen portion of the stadium.

The top of the upper deck buildings is what I think it means.  Those two buildings I think are 110' to the top.

350px-NHL_Winter_Classic_2008.jpg

Actually reading it says:

The field is 50 feet (15 m) below ground level, while the top of the upper deck stands only 60 feet above ground.

So maybe it means the stands or is that just phrasing like it stands that tall?

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

The top of the upper deck buildings is what I think it means.  Those two buildings I think are 110' to the top.

350px-NHL_Winter_Classic_2008.jpg

ahhh.

Man.  seriously, think about it...100 feet up, more than 60 yards out.

That's not necessarily easy, even for Josh.

Test it at night time like Roy Hobbs did for batting practice.  :P

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1