Ja’Waan Taylor OT Florida

I think he’s the pick if he’s there. He’ll be pushed up draft boards as the draft gets closer.  

He’s HUGE, ATHLETIC, has great movement skills and strong, he can also play left or right in the NFL. 

Its early and Im probably wrong but I’m calling my shot now. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

I think he’s the pick if he’s there. He’ll be pushed up draft boards as the draft gets closer.  

He’s HUGE, ATHLETIC, has great movement skills and strong, he can also play left or right in the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

What was his college production?  #9 worthy pick should have dominated.

Did he play on the left side this year? I didnt watch many florida games this season, but I remember him on the rt side last year. Dude is huge but I don’t remember him being very dominant or impressive for his size, nor do I remember him moving very well. Maybe he impressed this year? How’d he show out in the bowl game?

6 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Did he play on the left side this year? I didnt watch many florida games this season, but I remember him on the rt side last year. Dude is huge but I don’t remember him being very dominant or impressive for his size, nor do I remember him moving very well. Maybe he impressed this year? How’d he show out in the bowl game?

He’s played RT the past 3 years. With that being said he’s easily the best Lineman they have. 

1 minute ago, billvernsays said:

He’s played RT the past 3 years. With that being said he’s easily the best Lineman they have. 

Copy that. My question I guess is what makes you think he can play LT? (Not being a dick) like I said I haven’t watched many UF games. 

On 1/3/2019 at 11:09 PM, Codyny13 said:

Copy that. My question I guess is what makes you think he can play LT? (Not being a dick) like I said I haven’t watched many UF games. 

Oh my bad. 

He’s someone who’s gotten better each year.  He’s a different comparison than a Greg Little who always seems to leave you wanting him to do a bit more. 

He’s got really nimble feel which is why I think he could be a LT in the NFL, but I think he could realistically play either Tackle or Guard position in the Pros which I think may make his versatility very interesting to McBean. 

Edited by billvernsays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

Who knows but my guy is Jonah Williams

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's a bit of a no-no to draft a guy top ten who's not an LT. Having said that, we need to get more athletic and dominant up front so I'm at least interested. When you look at what Nelson did for Indy, you realize the kind of impact a true road grader can have. I don't know enough about Taylor one way or the other, but I'm hoping Williams is gone before we pick. Very unathletic line we have that desperately needs an infusion of TALENT. Williams is a tactician, which is fine, but I want more.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Who knows but my guy is Jonah Williams

I like him as well but before we all love /hate all these guys I just ask that we all learn a little more about some of these guys: Jonah Williams, Greg Little, and Jawaan Taylor because it’s a big probability that we’ll have one of them 

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It's a bit of a no-no to draft a guy top ten who's not an LT. Having said that, we need to get more athletic and dominant up front so I'm at least interested. When you look at what Nelson did for Indy, you realize the kind of impact a true road grader can have. I don't know enough about Taylor one way or the other, but I'm hoping Williams is gone before we pick. Very unathletic line we have that desperately needs an infusion of TALENT. Williams is a tactician, which is fine, but I want more.

I thought the knock on him was short arms not athleticism. Anyway I’m sure either of the 3 guys can make our Line better. 

I like the the notion of getting a J. Taylor and having he and Dawkins figure out who plays where (much like the Eagles did with Lane Johnson)

Edited by billvernsays
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

I like him as well but before we all love /hate all these guys I just ask that we all learn a little more about some of these guys: Jonah Williams, Greg Little, and Jawaan Taylor because it’s a big probability that we’ll have one of them 

With Williams though, he does not give up sacks and turns the defender sideways in the run game, which isnt as fun as a pancake but renders the defender useless . So he may not be the super athlete but he is a super football player and film junkie and fits the process.

But we shall see, maybe they go defense. At this point i have faith in McBeane and will be behind who ever they take. Which is quite refreshing to finally believe in the FO instead of going how did they not pick soandso.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

I thought the knock on him was short arms not athleticism. Anyway I’m sure either of the 3 guys can make our Line better. 

I like the the notion of getting a J. Taylor and having he and Dawkins figure out who plays where (much like the Eagles did with Lane Johnson)

I wasn't implying Williams was unathletic. I'm just leery of a guy on the slim side who's not PARTICULARLY athletic, especially when we're talking about a top ten pick. It's my preference that they get a DOMINANT player as I'm equally concerned about run blocking as pass pro. I'd much prefer a guy like Nelson who just dominates and pushes defenders around, but players like that don't come around often. Plan on looking at the other tackles in the draft so I appreciate that you brought this dude to our attention.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

Dawkins to me is a solid LT who as the ability to be a good LT. I don't think Dawkins would be as good on the right side for whatever reason (He didn't look that good at RT his rookie year once he switched to LT his rookie year he looked much better.) So I don't mind selecting a RT at pick 9. Both tackle positions are equally as important since so many top edge rushers rush off the right side. All O-line positions are becoming premium positions. So if a guy looks like a stud RT and there aren't elite pass rushers available at pick 9 then go with the RT (Assuming there is no trade down available.)

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, billvernsays said:

He shows very well on tape and I believe he’ll do even better for himself at the combine. I’m not sure what production you’re looking for from a OT. 

3 Tds recieving 2 rushing TDs a sack and at least 1 forced fumble.

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Dawkins to me is a solid LT who as the ability to be a good LT. I don't think Dawkins would be as good on the right side for whatever reason (He didn't look that good at RT his rookie year once he switched to LT his rookie year he looked much better.) So I don't mind selecting a RT at pick 9. Both tackle positions are equally as important since so many top edge rushers rush off the right side. All O-line positions are becoming premium positions. So if a guy looks like a stud RT and there aren't elite pass rushers available at pick 9 then go with the RT (Assuming there is no trade down available.)

I thing the best thing fo Dawkins is for Teller to develope or to get another LG that will play well.

6 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I wouldn't draft a guy in the first who I thought was a RT only. If I am taking a guy in the first round I need to believe that he can play on the left side even if I intend to start him on the right early in his career.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

If   Jawaan Taylor,  Greg Little or Jonah Williams  are there at 9 ,   I would  draft , RT is a need

Beane says he will not draft for need. I believe him. If he reaches on any of those guys, he's full of it. When teams draft for need that's how guys like JJ Watt and Aaron Donald fall. I hope the teams in front us make that type of mistake. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1