Free Agency:

RT- Darryl Williams- Car. ($9M cap hit)

OC- Mitch Morse- K.C. ($8M cap hit)

OG- AJ Cann- Jax ($3M cap hit)

WR- Adam Humphries- T.B. ($8M cap hit)

WR- Chris Conley- K.C. ($5M cap hit)

TE-Tyler Kroft-Cin ($5M cap hit)

DE- Vinny Curry- TB ($3M cap hit)

~Approximately $41M spent on these players. Granted though, NFL contracts are complicated & I’m bad at this, but I gave it my best shot.

Draft:

(Jonah Williams & Gregg Little both gone by Pick #9)

*TRADE*

To Washington:

1st Round- 9th overall

To Buffalo:

1st Round- 16th overall

2019 2nd Round

2019 3rd Round

*edited*

(Washington is desperate for a QB with Alex Smith having a tough time post surgery. Guys like Bridgewater & Foles will have better opportunities. Washington decides to move up and select their guy after Haskins goes to the Giants, but so they can have their choice between Lock & Jones before Denver(10th), Cincinnati(11th) & Miami (13th).

*-Designates picks gained from Trade with Washington.

1- N’Keal Harry-WR-Ari St.

-I think he’s the perfect combo for Allen. He’s got a great catch radius, can really get to the high point, does a great job of getting YAC, and while he doesn’t have great speed, he’s able to get separation by having a very solid release from coverage near the line of scrimmage.

2- Michael Dieter-OL-Wisconsin

-This guy has Bill written all over him IMO. Similarly to Harrison Phillips, he’s smart, a senior, and high character guy. He’s also extremely versatile, having started multiple games at each position on the line at a great school for linemen. And not just T, G, or C, but he’s started at LT, LG, C, RG, RT. He can literally plug and play anywhere the team needs him.

2*- Irv Smith-TE-Alabama 

-Croom flashed, but Daboll wants depth at the right end position. Croom, combined with signing Kroft, and drafting Smith, who Daboll knows from his time at Alabama, is a guy who can stretch the field the field down the seam, and can be a do-it-all guy as opposed to a one trick pony.

3- Beau Benzschawel-OL-Wisconsin- Again another Wisconsin guy. I’m a fan. Maybe they play next to each other, and having done that in college gives them some chemistry bonus. But he’s another that has started at both guard and tackle for the Badgers. 

3*- Austin Bryant-DL- Clemson- The least heralded guy on the Tiger defensive line, he’ll slip because people will credit his production to being a part of that unit. He’ll be a solid NFL player with the possibility of becoming a mid-round hit.

4-Paris Campbell-WR-Ohio St. 

-His speed will help the offense and special teams overall. This also gives us a lot of depth at WR with Harry, Humphries, Conley, Foster, & McKenzie along with this young man. 

4- RB- LJ Scott-RB-Michigan St.- Big guy to eventually do what Ivory did for them this year. Daboll seems to like a thunder/lightning approach like they’ve often used at Alabama.

5- Khalil Hodge-LB- Buffalo- Maybe I’m way off that he slips this far, but we’re a small school and guys like him often do if they don’t really impress during the combine. I think our scouts have seen him enough to know he’ll be a solid NFL player. Tackling machine, can allow Milano to play his coverage game, and give the coaches more ability to rush Edmunds in passing situations.

5- Trayveon Williams-RB-Texas A&M- they might keep Shady this year, but I think they’ll make the necessary moves to see him leave at the end of next season.

6- Mark Fields-CB-Clemson- Add more young depth. Tre is a shutdown #1, Wallace & T. Johnson have shown well, and Ryan Lewis might be solid depth as well. Just add to the DB bank. Seems like you can never have enough of them anyways.

*Just going by position now, not specific names*

7- TE

7- DT

Depth Chart:

QB:

Allen, Barkley, Anderson

RB:

McCoy, Ivory, Williams, Scott

FB:

DiMarco

WR:

Jones

Foster

Humphries

Harry

Conley

McKenzie

Campbell

McCloud

TE:

Kroft

Smith

Croom

Thomas

LT:

Dawkins

Boettinger

LG:

Deiter

Benzchawel

OC:

Morse

Bodine

RG:

Teller

Cann

RT:

Williams

McDermott

Sirles

LE:

Murphy

Lawson

Bryant

RE: 

Hughes

Curry

Yarbrough

DT:

Lotulelei

H. Phillips

J. Phillips

Lawson/Bryant

7th Round Draft Pick

OLB: 

Alexander

Hodge

MLB:

Edmunds

FA (Depth guy)

OLB:

Milano

Stanford

CB:

White

Wallace

Johnson

Lewis 

Fields

FS:

Poyer

Bush

Marlowe

SS:

Hyde

Neal

K: Hauschka

P:

Bojorquez?

Edited by Dkollidas
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

I stopped reading when I got to the part where you said the Redskins would give us their second and third round picks this year, plus next year’s first, to move up from 16 to 9.  

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

I stopped reading when I got to the part where you said the Redskins would give us their second and third round picks this year, plus next year’s first, to move up from 16 to 9.  

The first is more of a, it’s Dan Snyder's team, of course they’ll give up WAY too much. 

But really, teams overpay to move up for QB’s all the time. But I’d be pretty happy with just the 2019 picks.

Also, we gave up 2nd rounders to move up 5 spots.  We moved from 12 to 7. I think Beane could argue he’d want more to move from 9 to 16. It’s not necessarily how many spots you’re moving up, but what that team is moving up for, and who is between those two teams. Denver Cincinnati and Miami could all go QB. The cost to move up for a QB is never cheap.

7 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

The first is more of a, it’s Dan Snyder's team, of course they’ll give up WAY too much. 

But really, teams overpay to move up for QB’s all the time. But I’d be pretty happy with just the 2019 picks.

Also, we gave up 2nd rounders to move up 5 spots.  We moved from 12 to 7. I think Beane could argue he’d want more to move from 9 to 16. It’s not necessarily how many spots you’re moving up, but what that team is moving up for, and who is between those two teams. Denver Cincinnati and Miami could all go QB. The cost to move up for a QB is never cheap.

While it's not cheap to trade up for a QB, at this point, I don't see any QB that a team would want to trade up for.  Remember the EJ Manuel class...I think this one is similar.  There are enough veterans (Foles, Bridgewater, Fitz, etc.) to put a bandaid on their situations for a year and kick it back until next year when there are better prospects.  

Players can certainly jump up the boards before the draft but with Herbert going back to school, it's a weak class.  No team will be overspending for a QB like last year.  Those were extremely talented players and was a great QB class.  This year falls very short of that.  

17 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Never.  The Redskins would not even trade their second and third this year to move up to 9 in this draft.  We’d maybe get a second in the deal, with possibly a fifth rounder thrown in.  

13 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

The first is more of a, it’s Dan Snyder's team, of course they’ll give up WAY too much. But really, teams overpay to move up for QB’s all the time.

I agree. Every year, QBs seem to shoot up the boards as the draft nears. If teams are desperate and believe "their guy" is still on the board when we pick, all bets are off.

8 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

I agree. Every year, QBs seem to shoot up the boards as the draft nears. If teams are desperate and believe "their guy" is still on the board when we pick, all bets are off.

I think Drew Lock could be the QB draft crush this year.  Haskins will likely go top 15.  Maybe top 10.

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

If we go into next season as Shady as our number 1 RB again. And that crap at WR, we might as well just wait until 2020 to bother watching. 

Having Shady, alone, will tell me that Beane is inept.  We shouldn't have had him (and another 30 year old RB) this year.  That said, I don't think Beane is inept and I expect old LaShawn to be gawn.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, mannc said:

I can see getting 2nd and 3rd for swap of 1st rounders.

Love the draft and would make a few minor changes in FA but a well researched post

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

If we go into next season as Shady as our number 1 RB again. And that crap at WR, we might as well just wait until 2020 to bother watching. 

Who would you rather go after at WR?

I think any ideas of Beckham, Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, or AJ Green are low percentage possibilities. A UFA like Williams from San Diego isn’t more than a solid #2.  Humphries is a solid #2 from the slot, he had 76 catches for over 800yds. Zay and Foster showed improvement in the last quarter of the year when Allen returned. N’Keal Harry might not be a #1 right away, but he has that ability. If you prefer DK Metcalf that’s fine, I just think it totally depends on how his medicals come back from his neck injury. That’s scary stuff. I’d rather go with Harry, but that’s me and I think he has #1 upside. Conley has shown ability but is overshadowed by Hill, Watkins, & Kelce on the Chiefs.

Also, I understand what you’re saying about Shady, but good backs are selected late or undrafted quite often. Williams and Scott are guys that could come in and challenge for carries right away, maybe one of them turns into something. I put him there because the organization has basically stated for the record that he’s coming back. They said the same about Tyrol last year before trading him; but they also talked all the time about a QB who could stand in the pocket and make throws. I think they plan on McCoy being back. That’s why I put him there. I also don’t see them keeping McCoy and spending money on a guy like Tevin Coleman or TJ Yeldon. They need to go young. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Having Shady, alone, will tell me that Beane is inept.  We shouldn't have had him (and another 30 year old RB) this year.  That said, I don't think Beane is inept and I expect old LaShawn to be gawn.

I think you have to look at it from a different perspective.

1) before this season, Shady was extremely productive. He was arguably the best player on the team in 2017. 

2) He’s a captain and this team is huge on the “chemistry”, “leadership”, and “character”. For them Shady is a representative of all of that despite the off-field issues he’s had this past year. 

I appreciate the effort. I love what you did with free agency there. Morse, Conley, Humphries, Williams should be big time pursuits of ours. If we landed Humphries, I'd offer Zay Jones to the Chargers for Forrest Lamp. I don't love the draft, but I'm okay with a receiver if there is a trade down. But I still think we go defensive tackle round 1. Nice job. 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Maybe we catch them at Happy Hour? 

That’s all I got.....

30 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think Drew Lock could be the QB draft crush this year.  Haskins will likely go top 15.  Maybe top 10.

I think Lock will dominate the combine for sure. Haskins probably does to. I think the Giants take one for sure. Jaguars should sign Teddy Bridgewater.