2019 HOF Finalists announced

YoloinOhio

Tasker needs to get in. Also getting annoyed at how easy it is for recievers to get in all of a sudden. Andre had to wait, Art Monk. It's dumb that it is so easy all of a sudden.

Edgar Martinez needs to get in too. 

But we probably don't need to worry too much about the HOF for a while. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/1/3/18167426/nfl-hall-of-fame-football-2019-finalists-ed-reed-tony-gonzalez

no Bills on list (unless you count coach Ed Reed). Reed, Champ Bailey and Tony Gonzalez are 1st time finalists. 

HOF class will be announced Feb 2

Everybody down to Ed Reed.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/1/3/18167426/nfl-hall-of-fame-football-2019-finalists-ed-reed-tony-gonzalez

no Bills on list (unless you count coach Ed Reed). Reed, Champ Bailey and Tony Gonzalez are 1st time finalists. 

HOF class will be announced Feb 2

Flores was a player for the Buffalo Bills, he was part of what got for LaMonica to Oakland.

Should be a no brainer:

Don Coryell

Isaac Bruce

Tony Gonzales 

Second Tier:

Ed Reed

Tom Flores

I'm not 100% sold on any of the other candidates as sure HOFs. How Tasker isn't in there ahead of some of those guys is mind boggling. Wish the voters would give up their bias against special teams. 

How is Atwater not in already!? That's an oversight.

Champ Baily deserves it. He played in like 1 million pro bowls and was the dominant CB in his time. Gonzalez will certainly get in.

7 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

Atwater, Gonzales,Lynch and Reed should get in this year. Maybe even Boselli. The rest( with all due respect to Mawae) can wait another year. How many are inducted every year by the way? Is there a limit?

They vote 6 in each year, which I don't like.  That's why some years they all make sense while in other years they dig into the past.  

I like how how baseball does it and I thought it was great a few years ago when they didn't vote anyone in.  Some of the supposed PED users were eligible and the voters didn't put them in.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I can’t tell if they’re letting lesser players in, or if it’s just because they lose some of the legend status when you grew up watching them... Richard Seymour seems like a stretch to me.

One of the podcasts I used to listen to would always talk about The Hall of Very Good rather than the HOF, and there are a lot of players I think belong in there. 

As you say though, maybe when you see these guys as an adult it takes away some of the mystique. 

4 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

They vote 6 in each year, which I don't like.  That's why some years they all make sense while in other years they dig into the past.  

I like how how baseball does it and I thought it was great a few years ago when they didn't vote anyone in.  Some of the supposed PED users were eligible and the voters didn't put them in.

Now a side committee put Harold Baines in the Hall of Fame. He didn’t deserve to last to a third year on the writer’s ballot, a total travesty!!

Seems most every year Canton puts in an offensive lineman and someone long retired that was very good for his day or a coach or builder.

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

One of the podcasts I used to listen to would always talk about The Hall of Very Good rather than the HOF, and there are a lot of players I think belong in there. 

As you say though, maybe when you see these guys as an adult it takes away some of the mystique. 

"Fame"...as in "famous"

The sole criteria is that you made yourself a household name as a player/coach....and then sucked up to the committee.

Seymour fits that bill and it helps that he was on the most successful team ever.

Tasker's gonna need to start a campaign.

46 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

"Fame"...as in "famous"

The sole criteria is that you made yourself a household name as a player/coach....and then sucked up to the committee.

Seymour fits that bill and it helps that he was on the most successful team.

Seymour isn’t remotely in this category compared to Greene, Ham, and Lambert....

13 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

But a no to Atwater? He should get in before Champ imho

I'll take Champ over Atwater personally any time. Seems Atwater gets hyped for hard hits more than anything which I don't really care about when Champ looked to me just a more finesse player just as efficient, if not more than Atwater, at tackling and otherwise much better in coverage.

I guess if Atwater is a lock, which he probably is, he goes in before Champ being older. But if I was choosing 1 to get in..

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P