[Misleading Title] NFL ranks Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds 14th and 15th best rookies, respectively, for 2018

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Seems very fair to me.

Funny how PFF recently ranked Levi Wallace as the highest ranked rookie CB, way ahead of Denzel Ward who is at #10.  This list seems to be a lot of name recognition factor here, rd 1 picks esp, they aren't to interested in guys taken after rd 2 most less a UDFA.

I’m as pumped for Levi Wallace and his future as anyone on here, but you’re not being fair.  PFF grade ppl on % positive plays without taking into account the volume of plays or who they were playing.  Ward was their CB#1 playing almost every down against the other teams top WRs.  Levi worked into the game in situational circumstances.  Most the time it was an almost certain passing down, and was rarely against a genuine #1 WR bc Tre almost always covered the true #1s.  He didn’t even play the first 9 games of the year.  So, Levi is promising for sure, but did not have a better year than Ward, who won AFC ROTW for 2 of the first 5 weeks of the season, and played as their #1 CB all year.

Edited by Bill Murray
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, from_dunkirk said:

I suspect his throw to Clay at Miami would have been the top play had Clay caught the ball.

In hindsight, with the 7 draft slots he “earned” us, it was the most beneficial play clay has made for this franchise in his 4 years as a bill. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bill Murray said:

I’m as pumped for Levi Wallace and his future as anyone on here, but you’re not being fair.  PFF grade ppl on % positive plays without taking into account the volume of plays or who they were playing.  Ward was their CB#1 playing almost every down against the other teams top WRs.  Levi worked into the game in situational circumstances.  Most the time it was an almost certain passing down, and was rarely against a genuine #1 WR bc Tre almost always covered the true #1s.  He didn’t even play the first 9 games of the year.  So, Levi is promising for sure, but did not have a better year than Ward, who won AFC ROTW for 2 of the first 5 weeks of the season, and played as their #1 CB all year.

All  very valid points. If i could would i trade Denzel for Wallace, yes right now.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Quickly eyeballing it, Colts have two in the top 10 and 3 in top 25.  That and getting Luck back explains the turnaround.  Browns have three in the top 10, including a QB.  I didn't see anyone other than the Bills and Bears with two in the top 20.

So on that list, the Bills are big winners compared to most the league.  And if they were big winners, it means they have their two most important positions filled for next ten years.   That's HUGE.  Think about that - McBeane don't have to worry about a QB or an MLB for ten years.   Belichick had it at QB, but no place on his defense.  

Bills need good coaching and good role players.   

Imagine a future where the Browns and Bills fight for AFC supremacy year after year.  Like the Pats and the Colts, or the Pats and the Steelers.  It's not so far-fetched.  

4 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

Jackson ahead of Allen and Darnold is silly

He’s in the playoffs, that’s all they care about. Also, you never hear about him running non stop and not throwing. Black qb stigma to white.

4 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

Jackson ahead of Allen and Darnold is silly

He gets credit for going 6-1 as a starter. I wonder if the surrounding cast, you know, all the OTHER players on the team in a team sport, might make a difference? 

37 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Quickly eyeballing it, Colts have two in the top 10 and 3 in top 25.  That and getting Luck back explains the turnaround.  Browns have three in the top 10, including a QB.  I didn't see anyone other than the Bills and Bears with two in the top 20.

So on that list, the Bills are big winners compared to most the league.  And if they were big winners, it means they have their two most important positions filled for next ten years.   That's HUGE.  Think about that - McBeane don't have to worry about a QB or an MLB for ten years.   Belichick had it at QB, but no place on his defense.  

Bills need good coaching and good role players.   

Imagine a future where the Browns and Bills fight for AFC supremacy year after year.  Like the Pats and the Colts, or the Pats and the Steelers.  It's not so far-fetched.  

Actually, given the age of Edmunds, and the state of the league, these guys could easily be around more like 12-15+ years. 

Long way to go, so I won’t get too giddy, but I loved the progress they showed over the course of the season.

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

It’s not. You should watch him play. He earned that ranking. 

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

No, it’s not.

53 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Dude was a beast the last half of the season. Outside of maybe Barkley he might have been the best back the last 8 games of the season. 

1 minute ago, Iverwig said:

You have to be kidding me! Nick Chubb had a great season for a rookie. 

No.

It's a plug and play position.  You can't compare it to being  rookie QB.  I t would make no sense to even attempt to.

The guy was the 3rd best rookie this year---behind UDFA rookie Lindsay.  After the bye, he had 2 games over 100 yards....and had 3 games where he rushed for 3.0, 3.4 and 2.7 yards. Those are not "beast" numbers...

Josh Allen was a better rusher than Chubb in the last 6 weeks of the season...

Again, he doesn't belong ahead of Allen (at least).

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I would agree with some of the list. The Lamar hype is hilarious to me. Ravens are running a legit high school offense and it’s working for a few games and the hype train chugs along. 

Id like to see what he does say losing by 14 if he can actually run an offense throwing the ball to get them back in the game. 

Not hating on the guy but they’re basically just running the wildcat with some interesting pulling formations from the lineman and teams are having trouble adjusting, don’t think that’s gonna work well in the playoffs. 

Some of the list is just name hype and draft positions. Some are legit stars in the making

Lamar Jackson seems to be a larger Tyrod Taylor clone. He'll win you some games; he won't win you THE game.