Can Allen Pass for 4000yds 30TDs and 1000 Rushing yds and 15TDs in the same season?

Doing a quick Scan of QBs who have thrown for 4000.

i am having trouble finding one that had a sub. 60 completion percentage.  Admittedly I only looked through the bigger guns.

Seeing as sub 60 has dogged Allen since Junior College I would say I don’t like his chances of 

1.) Getting his % Up 8% in 2019

2.)  Getting to 60% or better

3.) running that style of offense under Coach McDermott

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

i'd say his absolute ceiling is 3,000/25TD 900/10TD

His pace (in starts) this year was roughly 3,000/15 & 900/12. The struggle with the OP's stats is the passing part for sure. And it's going to be hard to gain the requisite amount of passing stats without detracting from the rushing (though a reduction in rushing would be perfectly fine by me).

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I'll be honest i wasn't a Allen guy when we drafted him. Matter of fact i hated the pk and thought he would be a complete bust. I kept thinking about the Mahomes trade that seemed to be a disaster for us. 

Wow have things changed . I will admit now i am a believer in Allen future and the future of this franchise. Its gonna be a really exciting offseason. My question is at some point in his career can Allen achieve this crazy Lebron James esqe numbers. What we have seen from Allen so far is not even scratch in the surface of what he can develop into. I realize he still has many flaws in his game that he needs to work on and defenses will adjust to what he does best. But if he hits his peak upside i think this type of season is very possible for him to achieve and if he does he would be the first NFL QB to ever do it. 250yds passing a gm and 62yds rushing will do it. The question is can he.

Is it possible with Allen...Yes absolutely it is considering thats an average of 250 yards passing and 62.5 yards per game rushing which is clearly capable of without question.  

However:  Is it LIKELY to happen, probably not simply because if he is throwing for 250 yards or more per game, his running yardage probably won't average 63 a game..  Also, if he is averaging over 250 yards passing per game, I would expect our RB's would have a bigger presence in the rushing department because it will TOUGH for defenses to face Allen who can smoke you deep in a second while also having to defend him as a runner and that should really help the RBs get going.  I would expect our run game would be pretty good outside of Allen in that case further cutting down on his weekly average of yards rushing.  Now if our running backs still cant get going, I think the possibility of this is higher.

Certainly think 600 to 800 yards is more reasonable if he eclipses 4000 yards throwing  I do think the TD spread totals are more achievable than the yards.  He can certainly get a lot of rushing Redzone TD's (like Newton) running and even some long ones running while also throwing for a lot too.  Maybe its more like 25 to 35 in the air and ten rushing.  Obviously, we are talking about a pretty explosive offense in this case, but Josh Allen 100% has this type of potential.  

Personally, I really do believe he will eclipse 35 to 40 total TD's next year combined rushing and throwing if we can protect him better and get the right weapons.  Wouldn't surprise me to see him CATCH one too.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Remember fellas special talents can do special things and with offense growing in nearly every sport with the new rules madden type numbers arent as far fetched as they once were. Somebody is gonna do the unthinkable why cant it be our guy Allen that breaks threw.

1 hour ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I'll be honest i wasn't a Allen guy when we drafted him. Matter of fact i hated the pk and thought he would be a complete bust. I kept thinking about the Mahomes trade that seemed to be a disaster for us. 

Wow have things changed . I will admit now i am a believer in Allen future and the future of this franchise. Its gonna be a really exciting offseason. My question is at some point in his career can Allen achieve this crazy Lebron James esqe numbers. What we have seen from Allen so far is not even scratch in the surface of what he can develop into. I realize he still has many flaws in his game that he needs to work on and defenses will adjust to what he does best. But if he hits his peak upside i think this type of season is very possible for him to achieve and if he does he would be the first NFL QB to ever do it. 250yds passing a gm and 62yds rushing will do it. The question is can he.

This is a joke? The better questing should be since as a starter in college in a mediocre division playing against scrub defense never completed more than 56% of his passes, can JA complete 55% of his passes in the next season?  This season he was at 52%.  SO FAR he is better suit to be a RB or WR just like ex- Bills former speedy running QB like Terrelle Pryor.   Rosen so far had proven to be a better passer QB.

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Is it possible with Allen...Yes absolutely it is considering thats an average of 250 yards passing and 62.5 yards per game rushing which is clearly capable of without question.  

However:  Is it LIKELY to happen, probably not simply because if he is throwing for 250 yards or more per game, his running yardage probably won't average 63 a game..  Also, if he is averaging over 250 yards passing per game, I would expect our RB's would have a bigger presence in the rushing department because it will TOUGH for defenses to face Allen who can smoke you deep in a second while also having to defend him as a runner and that should really help the RBs get going.  I would expect our run game would be pretty good outside of Allen in that case further cutting down on his weekly average of yards rushing.  Now if our running backs still cant get going, I think the possibility of this is higher.

Certainly think 600 to 800 yards is more reasonable if he eclipses 4000 yards throwing  I do think the TD spread totals are more achievable than the yards.  He can certainly get a lot of rushing Redzone TD's (like Newton) running and even some long ones running while also throwing for a lot too.  Maybe its more like 25 to 35 in the air and ten rushing.  Obviously, we are talking about a pretty explosive offense in this case, but Josh Allen 100% has this type of potential.  

Personally, I really do believe he will eclipse 35 to 40 total TD's next year combined rushing and throwing if we can protect him better and get the right weapons.  Wouldn't surprise me to see him CATCH one too.  

The fact that we are even talking about such crazy numbers and thinking that its within reach this is a great thing for our team moving forward. Basically the skies the limit fellas so lets fly!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Veneno said:

This is a joke? The better questing should be since as a starter in college in a mediocre division playing against scrub defense never completed more than 56% of his passes, can JA complete 55% of his passes in the next season?  This season he was at 52%.  SO FAR he is better suit to be a RB or WR just like ex- Bills former speedy running QB like Terrelle Pryor.   Rosen so far had proven to be a better passer QB.

Use the force Luke. Dont let that hate of the dark side feed u . Just let go . Embrace Allen and what he can possibly be for us in the future. Lol. 

All jokes aside i had that same feelings towards Allen but now i have decided to embrace him and to hope that he can work out the holes in his game and continue to progress and to someday bring home the lombardi trophy for our beloved Bills.

26 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Not quite for Josh in 2019

My guess here assuming 16 games played

225 yds/game passing = 3600 yds for 2019

1.5 TDs thrown/game = 24 TDs passing

50 ypg rushing on 8 carries/gm = 800 yds rushing in 2019

.75 TD rushing/game = 12 Rushing TDs on the year.

So 4400 yds total vs 2700 yds or 63% more due to more games played and slight increase per game.    Coupled with 36 total TDs, which would be double what he generated this year.

Outside of the 12 rushing TDs other #s could be done. Grogan and Newton are only QBs ever to score 12 or more rushing TDs in a season. Jack Kemp is #3 all time rushing TDs by a QB (40). 

QBs have run for over 800 yards only 6 times in SB era so that would be quite an accomplishment.