Should the Train Horn Stay? Or Go?

Gugny

Should the Train Horn Stay? Or Go?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Train Horn Stay? Or Go?

• Stay - It's part of the gameday experience
    • Go - It's obnoxious and Useless
    • Indifferent

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I dig it.

i'm not proud of this, but I automatically judge anyone who wouldn't immediately change the channel if he were on the radio.....

I feel the same way about Journey. I can change the station within the first two bars of the song.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

A recording of Boxcar Willie doing ‘Wabash Cannonball’?

As a former WNYer I was thinking the collective scream that many WNYer's used to do at the first snowflake of the season....some were screams of happiness and some were not.....that would inspire any defence to make the stop...

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Personally, I love the damn thing.  I even have a train whistle at home that I'll blow on 3rd downs from time to time.

It seems that many fans hate the horn.  I even found a link to a change.org page trying to get it removed, LOL!!

What say you??

I like it BUT......is it not racist towards buffalo. After all the train going west is what killed them all off....

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, fansince88 said:

I like it BUT......is it not racist towards buffalo. After all the train going west is what killed them all off....

I'm not sure where race came into this discussion.

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

I don't care. I just hope they take it off of Madden.

That whistle really is in Madden? I havent played a Madden game in years but if its the same exact whistle I'd probably demolish the stadium & move the franchise elsewhere. Anything other than having to hear it while playing a game... it'd drive me mad lol

• Like (+1) 1

Is it just me or does it seemed like we ripped the horn off from the Pats*?

They always play a boat horn or something on third down. It sounds similar to what the Bills play. With that being the case, get rid of it and do something original. 

Would love to see the train horn replaced with a bunch of Alphorn players decked out in Bills garb.

I can't really think of a connection between the Alphorn and the Buffalo Bills, but what the hell.

Could be cool.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, brianthomas said:

Literally EVERYONE i've talked to about this agrees that the train whistle is not only annoying, but its downright embarrassing. As far as the lore goes of the team, it doesn't even make sense or fit in with our team.

The sound of a Buffalo stampede makes the most sense, stampeding Bison would work. Perhaps even just having Native American drumming.

ANYTHING BUT THE DAMN WHISTLE!

The whistle is the equivalent of a siren playing at a dance music club. It was cool the 1st time u heard it 20 years ago, but now when it plays it makes you cringe.

Please, just make it stop

What are u still doing at the clubs after 20yrs lol. Me myself im more of a bar scene kind of guy. I can actually hear what people are saying when they talk. Idk once i hit 38 didnt care to much bout dancing anymore. 

I can't stand it.  If having a loud sound play on 3rd down offers a competitive advantage, please come up with something else.  I don't have much live experience with it, but it is extremely annoying and irritating when watching on TV.

1 hour ago, brianthomas said:

That whistle really is in Madden? I havent played a Madden game in years but if its the same exact whistle I'd probably demolish the stadium & move the franchise elsewhere. Anything other than having to hear it while playing a game... it'd drive me mad lol

It is in the game...and is annoying as hell, especially when you're trying to be discreet HUUUUUUURRRRRNNNNNNNNN!!! Lol

Don’t really have an opinion on the train horn one way or another but I may have another unpopular opinion....

The shout song needs to go. Can’t stand it, I hate it, I hate when people try to start it. It’s like sweet Caroline at Fenway. It’s run it course.