Should the Train Horn Stay? Or Go?

Gugny

Should the Train Horn Stay? Or Go?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Train Horn Stay? Or Go?

• Stay - It's part of the gameday experience
    • Go - It's obnoxious and Useless
    • Indifferent

On 1/4/2019 at 6:17 PM, BUFFALOBART said:

I sent this poll to my season ticket holder rep @ 1 Bills Drive, in the hope that the Bills would consider getting rid of that POS whistle.

I'm actually stunned (gobsmacked?) that the percentage for is as high as it is!

I think we should create an alternate board for horn lovers and banish them to only be able to post there.

• Haha (+1) 3

What's really obnoxious is going to a Dolphins game and seeing zero fans screaming but the crowd noise being piped in is rediculously loud. The NFL really needs to look into that, that is way too much crowd noise being pumped in. The Miami Dolphins " That's another Miami Dolphins" and the crowd says " 1st down" is easily the worst in football next to the Vikings horn. I say make the Train horn louder.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

On 1/5/2019 at 6:04 PM, SomeDudeAtHome said:

Honestly I'm not even sure how to type it out. Listen during any kickoff but especially the opening kickoffs. 

Found a video about half way through. 

oh yeah. That is like sandpaper to the ear canal. Thanks for answering Bills bud.

It was a soccer thing that inexplicably migrated to college and then onto NFL. Garbage crap.https://deadspin.com/5875933/how-the-song-seven-nation-army-conquered-the-sports-world

released in 2003

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, cba fan said:

oh yeah. That is like sandpaper to the ear canal. Thanks for answering Bills bud.

It was a soccer thing that inexplicably migrated to college and then onto NFL. Garbage crap.https://deadspin.com/5875933/how-the-song-seven-nation-army-conquered-the-sports-world

released in 2003

Wow I never even made the connection with that song. Interesting article thanks. Glad to see I'm not the only one who can't stand it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/3/2019 at 7:32 PM, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

They should make it 2 longs, a short, and a long. 

If they are going to do a train whistle they might as well use a steam whistle from the late 50's especially a N&W hooter. It would blow people's hair off its so damn loud and you would at least see steam come out every time haha

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/8/2019 at 11:45 AM, cba fan said:

???   ???   ?   ???

in Morse code 2 longs, a short, and a long, signifies "Q" as one combined signal send.

broken up it spells "MET"

should it not be 3 shorts 3 longs 3 shorts ?

http://www.askaprepper.com/10-ways-signal-sos/

Not sure if you're trying to make a joke with the SOS thing but 2 longs a short then a long is the standard train horn pattern when approaching a crossing.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, SomeDudeAtHome said:

Not sure if you're trying to make a joke with the SOS thing but 2 longs a short then a long is the standard train horn pattern when approaching a crossing.

Yes I was making a SOS joke. And sorry I did not realize that horn sequence you mentioned was a standard crossing blow even though I have heard crossing train blows forever. Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

Hate the whistle because it's fake.  If it was a real one I might feel different.

Can we do another poll on the first down ringside boxing bell?  I'm not a fan of that.

I'd rather here the P.A. announcement say the play results in a... An have the crowd chant "first down Buffalo-o". (to the tune of "let's go Buffalo-o")

On 1/7/2019 at 12:37 AM, Starr Almighty said:

The train horn is better than the woman screaming at the Ravens game today. You could hear her the entire game. She sounded like a Dentist's Drill.

Unfortunately that isn't a sound effect....

It is Baltimore ?

• Haha (+1) 1