The Significance of the Allen Misfire/Clay Drop in Week 13

50 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Some of us were already aware that losses were better than wins after about Week 3.

It's always better to draft higher than lower and there is no glory to be had in winning meaningless football games in a lost season.

The more games you lose, the farther you have to go to become a winning team.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Midwest1981 said:

However you want to characterize it and however you want to assign blame... I just realized how significance of that play.  And not in the way you thought of it before.  Sure, to cap off that thrilling win would've been very exciting.  Still, just like Robert Royal's inability to inexplicably get a second foot inbounds at home against the Titans in week 16 in 2006 meant Buffalo was drafting 12th (Marshawn Lynch) at 7-9 instead of drafting 20th at 8-8 (based on strength of schedule)... the last play of our week 13 Dolphins' games means TWO things:  1) we're drafting 9th instead of 16th (yes, seven spots that play accounted for) and 2) our third-place finish means we get the Titans & Broncos instead of the Colts & Chargers.  Had we beaten & swept Miami, we'd have finished in second-place at 7-9 while they'd have been in third at 6-10.

Sometimes it's all how you look at things.  In turns out, that wasn't the worst outcome in the world.

When you are dead in regards to playoffs, it is better to lose, always. 

16 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

The truly bad WIN was the Lions game in which we essentially won on a missed FG. Does the team really grow from a game like that? I know people don't like to think of losing as winning, but mathematically, it would have been better for the team to lose that game. Even if you don't mind picking at 9 because of position, etc., we'd still have more draft capital and could have moved down and acquired picks. As the OP pointed out, it could have been worse so it's best to just accept their record for what it is. If's and but's are candy and nuts.

yeah but losing to NFC teams are basically wins. I read it here last year. 

• Haha (+1) 2