??Tremaine Edmunds named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month

YoloinOhio

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I hate PFF.  I simply cannot understand how they can grade players without the All-22.  That said, he played like a rookie.  He had bad games and good games.  Exactly what you would hope. 

Here is the thing that gets missed, we played in a base defense 20% of the time (the NFL as a whole was like 13%).  Modern defenses do not need two OLBs.   

We are set at LB this year and probably next, depending on Edmunds trajectory. 

if we don't need 2 OLB's, then we can be okay.  I'd still get another 5th rounder (perhaps another Milano find), because the depth was somewhat weak.

• Like (+1) 2

Hopefully he learns a lot from an impressive, yet rocky, rookie season.

As I have said before..................

hopefully the Bills have found their franchise QB on offense....... and on defense............all in one draft.

Wow

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Kid is showing clear progress and couldn't have ended the season on a better note , playing arguably his best game as a pro. 

Absolutley see the raw talent and at only 20, he should improve a lot.  My main complaint for him is lack of aggression, he has that huge body but does not throw his weight around like he could.  Maybe that will come with time.

Hes going to beef up.  That tall frame of his could easily add another 7-10 lbs without taking away from his speed and agility.

Look at the difference in Milano from year one to two.  He looked thin his first year and this past year he had bulging biceps.

That is what you typically see from year one to two if you have a committed offseason.

57 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I hate PFF.  I simply cannot understand how they can grade players without the All-22.  That said, he played like a rookie.  He had bad games and good games.  Exactly what you would hope. 

Here is the thing that gets missed, we played in a base defense 20% of the time (the NFL as a whole was like 13%).  Modern defenses do not need two OLBs.  

We are set at LB this year and probably next, depending on Edmunds trajectory. 

True.... permi-nickel

Milano, Edmunds and a rotating 4 man front should do the job 

5 hours ago, Logic said:

On a serious note, it's hard to imagine the season ending on a higher note for the Bills.

Allen scores 5 TDs and is named AFC Offensive Player of the week* (the first Bills QB to win the award since Drew Bledsoe in 2002).
Edmunds is named NFL Defensive rookie of the month.
Levi Wallace finishes season as PFF's top ranked rookie corner.
Robert Foster and Zay Jones both have breakout seasons at WR.

The future's so bright I gotta wear shades! B-)

We're all pretty excited.  In his end of season presser, Allen said he wants to keep playing.  

My wife is getting sick of hearing about the Bills since Sunday.  

5 hours ago, jamiezzz said:

Just curious?  How do they determine Offensive and Defensive rookie of the year?  Not sure of the logistics behind it, but curious of how it's determined?  Do they have to be nominated per week, or month?  Thanks in advance.

Those are voted on/ determined by the AP, not the NFL. 

But I was told he sucked and I was wrong just recently.

5 hours ago, Logic said:

....It was sarcasm.

He's not moving. 

I just don't get why anyone thinks the "move to OLB" thing has merit whatsoever. 

First of all, they didn't spend his rookie season letting him QB the defense from the Mike position just to switch him in year two and have to start from scratch at a new position.

Secondly, if you move Edmunds to weakside LB, you're bumping Milano out of a job, and that doesn't make any sense because Milano is a playmaker. You're not going to put Edmunds at the strong side linebacker position because that's only a part time player in this defense. He'd be coming off the field for 79% of the snaps (based on how much the Bills were in base defense in 2018).

So is it that people want Edmunds to bump the talented Milano out of the lineup, or that they want Edmunds on the bench 79% of the time? 

Either way, it's ludicrous. He's our long term ILB, Period.

All of that being said, I DO believe there's merit to finding a 3rd down pass-rushing sub-package role for Edmunds in year 2. He showed excellent pass rushing efficiency.

Agreed.

Anyone that thinks Edmunds future is on the outside.....all I can do is shake my head.

20 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

But I was told he sucked and I was wrong just recently.

Agreed.

Anyone that thinks Edmunds future is on the outside.....all I can do is shake my head.

I also got the he sucks thing recently and a wasted draft pick at #1. The kid was 19 when the season started and put into one of the hardest positions on the field. I think McBeane went after the "QB" of both the offense and defense for years to come and so far I'm liking that future.

• Like (+1) 1

First of all.........let me thank YoYo for this tribute thread.:beer:

And regardless.....Edmunds has been uninstinctive and inefficient at the position this season and was awful in the New England game........arguably worse in the Chargers game though.    Not sure where the narrative that he has gotten *worse* has come from that must be twitter.

But he did get credit for about a dozen tackles on that day in NE and that's how these POW/POM decisions are made.........numbers.

And again.........let me remind you all that I am a big fan of Edmunds and loved the pick.........but he's been roughed up in the run game and play action at MLB........he had a much better game against a disinterested Dolphins team but it was encouraging nonetheless.

I hope he raises his game.........but if not I think he can be a stud edge player........which pays better for a reason.......rushing the passer is second to being the passer.

On 1/3/2019 at 9:50 AM, YoloinOhio said:

LB coach Bob Babich is one of the Bills best assistant coaches. He has done a great job with Edmunds and Milano, and is also responsible for the signing of  Poyer a couple years ago. He knew him from his time with the Browns and recommended the Bills sign him in FA. 

Incorrect YoYo

Bob Babich = LB's coach

Bobby Babich = Safeties coach

I assure you they are different human beings :doh:

Amirite @Rico?:lol:??

This guy is so young, the fact that he is even starting is amazing. To earn the respect of his fellow player this young rookie  must've put in a lot of work. He is the prototype LB who can cover and tackle, when the game slows down for him and he trusts his instincts he will be a monster. 

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Incorrect YoYo

Bob Babich = LB's coach

Bobby Babich = Safeties coach

I assure you they are different human beings :doh:

Amirite @Rico?:lol:??

:lol:

Yes, most importantly though, it was not Dimwit Doug Whaley who gets credit for Poyer, no matter what the same less savvy posters in here keep saying.

• Like (+1) 1