Antonio Brown Trade Value

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They aren’t going to take kindly to a guy that slept with one of their best friend’s wife. It just isn’t going to happen. 

I honestly don't think many of the guys in this locker room would be interested or concerned about who slept with Jordan Poyer's wife?  Why on earth would they care?  They didn't seem bothered that a freshly marries Poyer was shacking up with some local college kid....

These guys are, and rightly so, about making the money and winning games, not about who's sleeping with whom. 

"You slept with Jordan Poyer's woman right before they got married.  You not welcome on this NFL team!"---those words have never been thought by any NFL player, I sure...

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I honestly don't think many of the guys in this locker room would be interested or concerned about who slept with Jordan Poyer's wife?  Why on earth would they care?  They didn't seem bothered that a freshly marries Poyer was shacking up with some local college kid....

These guys are, and rightly so, about making the money and winning games, not about who's sleeping with whom. 

"You slept with Jordan Poyer's woman right before they got married.  You not welcome on this NFL team!"---those words have never been thought by any NFL player, I sure...

They vacation together!! This regime has done everything to build culture. They aren’t bringing in the guy most likely to burn it down. It’s not happening.

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They vacation together!! This regime has done everything to build culture. They aren’t bringing in the guy most likely to burn it down. It’s not happening.

My point was not whether McBeane would want AB "threatening" some sort of culture and therefore would not bring him in.

I'm saying these players could not care less if Poyer dates coeds or if his wife took a hall pass with AB before hitching to Poyer and his dorm princess.  

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

My point was not whether McBeane would want AB "threatening" some sort of culture and therefore would not bring him in.

I'm saying these players could not care less if Poyer dates coeds or if his wife took a hall pass with AB before hitching to Poyer and his dorm princess.  

You’d be amazed at the hypocrisy that these guys live by. They have no issues with the guys doing it but if the wife or girl does it’s a different story. Look at Tony Parker and Brent Barry or Jason Richardson and Steve Nash or Derek Fisher and Matt Barnes. That’s how it happens. The guys and teams pick sides. This team (and locker room) has an allegiance to Poyer.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I would have thought the same but it's being reported today that the Steelers are listening to trade offers.

They have no reason to put this out there if it's not true.

I have no doubt that they are willing to receive phone calls for this volatile and seditious player. This is the time where the vultures are circling the carnage. The offers that are going to be made are not going to be close to his on-field value. And as Kirby has pointed out the cap hit would be crippling for the next season.. If this was a team that was rebuilding and cleaning house (such as when McDermott took over) instead of trying to sip the last drop of the Roethlisberger emptying glass it would be a completely different situation. I am not taking an absolute position on this issue because you never know how turbulent and irredeemable the scene is in Pittsburgh. But odds are that this will be worked out. On the other hand I will take an absolute position that if traded he will not end up playing for a McDermott coached team. 

33 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Big Ben is nothing more than a big bully. Can’t believe he would criticize AB. I mean, he makes $68 million. AB shouldn’t have to put up with that. 

True.  WR who make $68M should only be addressed in the most civil and courteous terms when they run the wrong route.  Big Ben should leave the field and return with a plate of caviare or Strassburg Pie, some pigeon or some salmon paste (according to Brown's personal taste)

" A Cat's entitled to expect
These evidences of respect.
And so in time you reach your aim,
And finally call him by his NAME. "

I think both Big Ben and AB sound like big babies, but football players are selected for their amazing abilities to play football, not for their psychological maturity and interpersonal skills.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:55 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

I don't know if that ends up being the only reason keeping them from doing it then I think they at least have to talk to Poyer and see if he's willing to move past it.

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not a surprise at all. I don’t think teams want to bring that attitude in their locker room. He is by far the best WR in the league but his attitude overrides his talent at the age of 31 to start next season.