Antonio Brown Trade Value

9 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Dude yes. That's my favorite cartoon, ever.

Same. Its one of those 90's shows that would never see airtime now in this PC society. It also still holds up to this day.   

And I really imagine McDermott saying that just like Mr. Horse. He seems like the type. 

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:53 AM, Magox said:

If you did it, it would have to be Poyer because of their issues.    I don't think I'd want to trade the #9 overall pick and Poyer for him though plus AB has such an outsized personality I"m also not sure that they'd want to risk him being a potential cancer.  From the sounds of things Tomlin wasn't able to control him, but I have a feeling that he would be able to fit into the Bills locker room.  He'll be 31 this next season and he is elite, it certainly is tempting.   

#9 and Poyer for AB??

I would pack Poyer's bags myself.  Steal of the century...

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

#9 and Poyer for AB??

I would pack Poyer's bags myself.  Steal of the century...

It’s a fair offer but it’s not happening. Brown isn’t coming into that locker room after the Rachel Bush stuff (regardless of whether or not Poyer is there). Poyer, Hyde and Tre are EXTREMELY close. They aren’t going to bring in a guy who will immediately divide the locker room. AJ Green is a possibility but AB isn’t. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s a fair offer but it’s not happening. Brown isn’t coming into that locker room after the Rachel Bush stuff (regardless of whether or not Poyer is there). Poyer, Hyde and Tre are EXTREMELY close. They aren’t going to bring in a guy who will immediately divide the locker room. AJ Green is a possibility but AB isn’t. 

Poyer is definitely the weak link in that trio. 

As for the locker room, I think most of the guys would give it bit of time for an adjustment, but I would be they would be happy to be playing with a legit offensive gamechanger.

Is it not entirely possible that certain players are getting tired of playing for Tomlin and with Big Ben?  AB needs a fresh start, our WR corps is almost "Buffalo Bills good" and Poyer is the most easily replaced guy on D.

This would be great move.

If they can trade him to the NFC they will. My first guess would be the Packers. They have a small window while Aaron Rodgers is still playing and their offense is devoid of talent. Plus a new head coach about to take over who might be looking to make a splash, and high picks to trade.

Edited by HappyDays

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

As for the locker room, I think most of the guys would give it bit of time for an adjustment, but I would be they would be happy to be playing with a legit offensive gamechanger.

Is it not entirely possible that certain players are getting tired of playing for Tomlin and with Big Ben?  AB needs a fresh start, our WR corps is almost "Buffalo Bills good" and Poyer is the most easily replaced guy on D.

There is no debating that AB is one of the best receivers in the game. On the other hand it is very unlikely that the clapping coach is going to bring in a receiver such as AB or an Odell Baeckham type of personality who are volatile and were disruptive in the locker room? This is a coach who wanted no part of Watkins who is not nearly as explosive or self-centered a personality as AB. 

McDermott at times tiresomely preaches the sanctity of the locker room and importance of character. He would undercut his credibility to shreds if he brought in a player who already has walked out on his team. This is never going to happen. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

If they can trade him to the NFC. My first guess would be the Packers. They have a small window while Aaron Rodgers is still playing and their offense is devoid of talent. Plus a new head coach about to take over who might be looking to make a splash, and high picks to trade.

As Kirby pointed out in a previous post the Steelers are not going to absorb the crushing cap hit that a trade would entail. And because of his cancerous and seditious behavior his trade value is diminished. The Steelers will do everything they can to work out an in-house solution to this fratricide. 

I say yes especially thinking about the article just posted today.  It’s on the main board.  If Beane and McDermitt can be convinced by Brown he can toe the line, he’ll go from a QB supposedly he doesn’t like, to an emerging arm, and growing.  The Steelers are getting older and Tomlinson is most likely sick of Brown and Bell.

Now is the time as we have the draft pics  and cap capital to do it, and as the writer points out the timing of his contract up in 2021 coincides with Allen’s rookie contract.  Chicago just made a calculated move with Mack and look how that is turning out.  Can you imagine  Brown, either the best or top 3 WR in the league, with Foster McKenzie and Jones, and using the rest of free agency with fortifying affordable but good two Olineman probably a Center and a Guard as more affordable, and then a solid draft to fill the rest.  We also have 6 picks in 2020.

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

As Kirby pointed out in a previous post the Steelers are not going to absorb the crushing cap hit that a trade would entail. And because of his cancerous and seditious behavior his trade value is diminished. The Steelers will do everything they can to work out an in-house solution to this fratricide. 

I would have thought the same but it's being reported today that the Steelers are listening to trade offers.

They have no reason to put this out there if it's not true.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

They aren’t going to take kindly to a guy that slept with one of their best friend’s wife. It just isn’t going to happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I dont see Beane giving up #9 for a player with 2-3 good years left. 

Agreed.  If Brown is traded it will either be to a team with a closing Super Bowl window.   Somewhere like the Chargers or Saints.  Maybe New England :sick:, but I'm not sure the Steelers organization could stomach that trade.  Or an franchise impressed by shiny things, like the Jets or Redskins