Antonio Brown Trade Value

4 hours ago, mannc said:

AB is a great player at a position of dire need and he’s shown no sign of slowing down.  It worked out pretty well for Dallas this year, and AB is a better player than Cooper.  OTH, Brown has some baggage, Pittsburgh’s bargaining position is somewhat compromised, and 9 overall is a very valuable pick. Tough decision...i might do it, esp if they don’t have any WR rated that high.

He is a cancer on the team. No.

2 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

Can they even trade him without cutting several people on their roster? I thought his cap number means they can't trade him?

Plus he's the only vet I don't wont.

I thought I read it would be a wash, cap hit now versus traded would be the same

9 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Antonio-Brown-trade-value-127165123/

#9 & a young player appears to be asking price

I will say No Mas!! to Tre, Tremaine or Levi. But Poyer is intriguing - clearly Bills wont trade for AB with Poyer on the roster (Rachel Bush saga), but maybe AB for Poyer + pick can be done. Of course, I love the Poyer Hyde safety duo and would be reluctant to break it up. Also, Poyer is on an amazingly team friendly contract through 2021. But an interesting thought none the less.

Can't see Bills getting lined up to do this.  Only player expendable in backend would be Wallace IMHO.  But AB is the anti-Bill from a locker room / team mentality.  This is a deep draft at WR and could see OBD take one at 41st pick of draft.  

If the secondary is so good and important as author states, why deconstruct it and also pass on getting a premier LT or Edge player in RD 1 of 2019 draft?  Especially for a WR who has never won an AFC Championship or Super Bowl while on a much more talented team.  he has 4 TDs in 10 playoff games.  IMHO AB does not make his teammates better.

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that the Rachel Bush - Antonio Brown piece takes him out of the equation in Buffalo. Even if Poyer is a part of the deal I don’t see it happening. That secondary is EXTREMELY close. I’d be shocked if the Bills brought Brown into that locker room. He could potentially tear down what they’ve worked so hard to build. 

This should end the conversation.  Knowing this, then still making the trade, would just destroy everything that has been built.  Every mantra they have used would ring hollow.  

I can't even express how impossibly unlikely the Bills acquiring AB would be.  

No way the Bills trade White or Edmunds as part of any deal for Brown. Poyer or Wallace ? Maybe, but I think AJ Green is a more likely target if CIN is doing a rebuild and willing to listen. Green may not be AB, but he’s a great WR without the drama. 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

If this report is accurate, he comes out of this looking like a truly petty ass: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/03/team-mvp-snub-may-have-sparked-antonio-browns-ire/ .

as good as he is and his own teammates snub him. the article I read had a quote of AB saying he is the franchise.

Edited by Dopey

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Make no mistake: he's better than Smith-Schuster, and it ain't even really close. Brown is phenomenal.

No argument here. He's way better. I just feel it's kind of telling that AB was not voted team MVP over Smith-Shuster.