Antonio Brown Trade Value

4 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Who is going to replace AB? Check out JUJU’s numbers when AB is hurt/suspended. He benefits from the coverage being rolled towards 84. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some JUJU but he ain’t close to AB.

I agree, but Pitt is very deep at WR and they probably think JuJu can be the guy in the future.

Not a chance I trade for Brown. Especially including 9th overall. Assuming the Poyer drama is true, bringing in Brown means you mess with a good young secondary. In addition, you get the privilege of paying Brown instead of paying a rookie drafted 9th overall. I would prefer a (slight) reach for whoever the bills have graded as the top WR. 

Edited by Bills2ref

No thanks.

Antonio Brown is part of one of the NFL's most successful franchises, and plays with a future Hall of Fame quarterback.  He's also a 30-year-old veteran, who should be able to control himself.  Yet for some reason, he decided to skip out on his teammates during a week they were fighting for the playoffs.  Now he can't get along with his QB and is requesting a trade.

If Brown can't work on the Pittsburgh Steelers with Ben Roethlisberger... then how do you think he will behave on the Buffalo Bills with a young/growing Josh Allen?  He's a locker room cancer, and will pout unless we make a point not to force-feed him the ball.  That's not how you build a team, and that's not how you develop a QB.  We don't need that kind of nonsense.  We don't need that kind of distraction.

Not to mention, this would require (according to the OP) trading away TWO valuable young players, and taking on a $17 million per year contract.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

I'd say yes to Levi out of those choices. We invested nothing in him, and I'd say he still has the most question marks. 

But Wallace has also shown quite a bit, even by one expert metric outplaying a pro bowl rookie, and is the prototype of a McD player. I'd be wary to part with him, even for an insane talent like AB, who despite his questionable focus, I'd love to get paired with Allen. I suspect McD & Beane would be even more wary. They might rather bank on Foster and Jones's development than rob from the part of the team that is working.

Ideally if I'm running an organization, I want a player in a single digit draft position to be a foundational two contract player.  This team is more than a WR1 away from being a consistent playoff team with an outside chance of winning it all.  The goal of the franchise should be not to pick this high again.  Find a foundational in the trenches player you can build around and have here for 6-10 years.  AB will not be the AB you know within this organization, production wise.  How long would he be here?  You'll get a talented malcontent that could hinder the development of younger players around him.  This team is not setup to bring a guy like him into the fold, locker room wise.  Shoot, he can't even get along with HOF talent in the Pittsburg locker room.  What would he do here?  Supremely talented? Yes.  But, I'm not sure we'd get the production from the high dollar amount, draft capital and possibly a player invested. 

Edited by YodaMan79

Didn't McD say he didn't want any cry baby prima donna's on his team ? I don't see Bean making a play for guys like either of those possibly leaving the Steelers but I could see Gruen or the Redskins making a run at both of them !

Edited by T master

58 minutes ago, YodaMan79 said:

Ideally if I'm running an organization, I want a player in a single digit draft position to be a foundational two contract player.  This team is more than a WR1 away from being a consistent playoff team with an outside chance of winning it all.  The goal of the franchise should be not to pick this high again.  Find a foundational in the trenches player you can build around and have here for 6-10 years.  AB will not be the AB you know within this organization, production wise.  How long would he be here?  You'll get a talented malcontent that could hinder the development of younger players around him.  This team is not setup to bring a guy like him into the fold, locker room wise.  Shoot, he can't even get along with HOF talent in the Pittsburg locker room.  What would he do here?  Supremely talented? Yes.  But, I'm not sure we'd get the production from the high dollar amount, draft capital and possibly a player invested. 

Spot on- AB would be a huge problem- couple that with a large cap hit and declining skills it just doesn’t make sense. 

We have had 2 solid drafts now- lets add the right pieces (we all know what they are) through FA, then have another Solid draft. Give JA the tools he needs to take this team to  the next level. Daboll deserves it as well- he had a dumpster fire to work with and did a really nice job- we even saw elements of the Pats O in there as well.

Adding some depth on D wont hurt either. I would say stick with BPA and hope for 70 percent O and 30 percent D. 

Edited by billsfan_34

2 hours ago, Pbomb said:

I know poyer and bush broke up for a bit but where does ab fit in, didn’t really follow it. Did ab and bush hook up?

Bush and Brown supposedly slept together prior to Poyer cheating on her. 

2 hours ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Pass ... go get AJ Green

This is where I’m at. I think (and have thought) that Brown may be the best player in football. He just can’t be here with his issues with Poyer (and in turn, Hyde, White and the rest of that crew). Green would be cheaper and fit well in the locker room. He too is a great player.

To me, this has way less to do with “is AB selfish” and WAY more to do with the fact that he almost ended the marriage of one of our most popular players. His antics aren’t what will keep him out of Buffalo. It’s the Poyer situation. You can’t have that drama in the locker room.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I'm still amazed that people who follow the NFL for a living assume an "elite defense" carries over to the next year. 

What the Seahawks did from 2012-2015 was the exception to the norm. 

I don't think you're wrong, but the Ravens have had some pretty good runs. However, the Bills have a defensive minded coach and exciting players at key positions. Also, there's reason to believe that the Bills D could be even better with an offense with fewer 3 & outs. Then again, I, too, have watched enough football to know it doesn't always play out that way.

Haven't we had 1 player disrespect the team by quitting at halftime? What's the obsession of wanting another?

As good a player as Brown is, i have ZERO respect for players who leave 51 of their teammates at a disadvantage just because they had an issue with 1 of em. Brown is dead to me and don't want him anywhere near this organization. 

The way I see it is, if you want Brown so bad, go draft him. Draft an elite receiver (something the Bills organization can't seem to do at all) and groom him and keep him in the family. Every other team seems to find an above average to elite receiver at least once in 5 years yet the Bills can't seem to draft well when it comes to receivers.

Zay Jones is ok. He's not a #1. Watkins was the closest thing to us drafting a premier receiver in the last decade and his career doesn't seem to be going so well because of injuries (and I'll never get the image of him celebrating too early and getting tackled by the Jets defender before reaching the endzone out of my head).