Antonio Brown Trade Value

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Antonio-Brown-trade-value-127165123/

The Buffalo Bills at No. 9 already have an elite defense. If they think Brown gets their offense up to at least average, they would likely consider such a trade. They are loaded with potential pieces that the Steelers might like in a deal in addition to that pick. Their secondary is among the best in the NFL. If Tre'Davious White or Levi Wallace were on the table, the Steelers would be very interested given their need at cornerback. Jordan Poyer is an intriguing safety option as well, as would a reunion of the Edmunds brothers with Tremaine heading to Pittsburgh to join Terrell. It is unclear if any of these good young defenders would be on the table, but the Steelers might listen if they were.

#9 & a young player appears to be asking price

I will say No Mas!! to Tre, Tremaine or Levi. But Poyer is intriguing - clearly Bills wont trade for AB with Poyer on the roster (Rachel Bush saga), but maybe AB for Poyer + pick can be done. Of course, I love the Poyer Hyde safety duo and would be reluctant to break it up. Also, Poyer is on an amazingly team friendly contract through 2021. But an interesting thought none the less.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

I think that the Rachel Bush - Antonio Brown piece takes him out of the equation in Buffalo. Even if Poyer is a part of the deal I don’t see it happening. That secondary is EXTREMELY close. I’d be shocked if the Bills brought Brown into that locker room. He could potentially tear down what they’ve worked so hard to build. 

• Like (+1) 3

He has no value because the Steelers should force his hand after he acted like a total jerk.  If they trade him they have to suffer the dead cap.   If they don't trade him, and he keeps up the bs they can put him on the failed to report list.

This is the OBJ crap from last year.  It's good for the football news guys but it seems far from reality 

38 minutes ago, njbuff said:

For a comparison.................. the Niners traded a 31 year old Terrell Owens to the Eagles.

What was that return for the Niners? 

And both could be locker room killers.

Very similar situations.

To's case was way more complicated. TO was to become a free agent, but his agent forgot to file papers - SFO traded him to Baltimore for a second round pick after TO had negotiated a FA contract with the Eagles - finally a compromise was reached in arbitration - so not a fair comparison in terms of circumstances.

In contrast, AB is under contract for three more years and has a 21 mill dead cap.  That said, clearly the situation in Pittsburgh is untenable and I do fully expect him to be traded this offseason for a first rounder + change. Pittsburgh will get higher compensation than SFO got for TO for the above reasons.

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

He has no value because the Steelers should force his hand after he acted like a total jerk.  If they trade him they have to suffer the dead cap.   If they don't trade him, and he keeps up the bs they can put him on the failed to report list.

This is the OBJ crap from last year.  It's good for the football news guys but it seems far from reality 

Oh he will report all right if he is not traded. He did report for the last game but Tomlin sent him home. He will not be like Bell - he wants his paycheck since he is signed long term to a fair deal.

The only issue is can the Steelers keep him around knowing he wants out.

48 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that the Rachel Bush - Antonio Brown piece takes him out of the equation in Buffalo. Even if Poyer is a part of the deal I don’t see it happening. That secondary is EXTREMELY close. I’d be shocked if the Bills brought Brown into that locker room. He could potentially tear down what they’ve worked so hard to build. 

I agree 100%. IMO, Beane and McDermott believe they have built a foundation for what they are trying to do, and have the opportunity this offseason to take a big step forward. I don't think either one has a problem bringing in a player that has issues; however, I do not see them bringing in anyone with issues that have any potential to undermine what they have worked so hard to create.

• Like (+1) 1

Let Gruden or Shanahan trade for him for all that money.  I can't even think of a future HOF RB or WR that's won on a Superbowl team this decade.  It's all about the QB, head coach, drafting well, and signing value free agents to give you a well balanced team.  He's an amazing talent but a diva who I doubt he even wants to come here.

• Like (+1) 1

AB is a great player at a position of dire need and he’s shown no sign of slowing down.  It worked out pretty well for Dallas this year, and AB is a better player than Cooper.  OTH, Brown has some baggage, Pittsburgh’s bargaining position is somewhat compromised, and 9 overall is a very valuable pick. Tough decision...i might do it, esp if they don’t have any WR rated that high.

Edited by mannc

If you did it, it would have to be Poyer because of their issues.    I don't think I'd want to trade the #9 overall pick and Poyer for him though plus AB has such an outsized personality I"m also not sure that they'd want to risk him being a potential cancer.  From the sounds of things Tomlin wasn't able to control him, but I have a feeling that he would be able to fit into the Bills locker room.  He'll be 31 this next season and he is elite, it certainly is tempting.   

As much as we need a WR I can't see our FO giving up that pick and a player when we have some glaring holes that could be fixed with the 9th overall. I personally would like to get the OL from Bama with 9 and try and see what we can get in the middle rounds for a WR. AB is good and I would be more inclined to pull the trigger on this trade if he didn't bring the "Me first" attitude with him, but I guess that's why we are talking about this in the first place.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I know poyer and bush broke up for a bit but where does ab fit in, didn’t really follow it. Did ab and bush hook up?

24 minutes ago, Magox said:

If you did it, it would have to be Poyer because of their issues.    I don't think I'd want to trade the #9 overall pick and Poyer for him though plus AB has such an outsized personality I"m also not sure that they'd want to risk him being a potential cancer.  From the sounds of things Tomlin wasn't able to control him, but I have a feeling that he would be able to fit into the Bills locker room.  He'll be 31 this next season and he is elite, it certainly is tempting.   

I did not know AB was already 30.  I’m not sure I give up that pick for him, unless this draft is just devoid of WR talent, which probably isn’t the case.  Maybe 9 overall for AB, and get back a 4th from Pitt.  The Steelers already have AB’s replacement on the roster...

Just now, mannc said:

I did not know AB was already 30.  I’m not sure I give up that pick for him, unless this draft is just devoid of WR talent, which probably isn’t the case.  Maybe 9 overall for AB, and get back a 4th from Pitt.  The Steelers already have AB’s replacement on the roster...

Who is going to replace AB? Check out JUJU’s numbers when AB is hurt/suspended. He benefits from the coverage being rolled towards 84. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some JUJU but he ain’t close to AB.