Which W-L Outcomes Would You Consider “Success” in 2019?

Which W-L Outcomes Would You Consider “Success” in 2019?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Consider “Success” in 2019?

• 10-6, Wild Card Home Game (Loss); First Double Digit Win Total Since 1999
    • 9-7, Wild Card Away Game (Win)
    • Either of the Above
    • Super Bowl or Bust!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/31/2019 at 08:49 AM

At some point, the foundation laid by ‘the process’ over the past couple years, combined with impending FA pickups and another draft class, must translate into consistent wins on the field.

Many of us believe they are on the right track to accomplish this, but what realistically does that mean for 2019? What is the minimum in terms of wins that will be necessary to get to, no matter what else happens?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Hmm.Either of those choices would be success.They are  better than what the Bills ended at this season and both choices you have also have playoff appearances., I mean so both of those alone obviously would be success to me. Kind of a weird poll but I'll go with the "either" selection.

• Like (+1) 2

Need double digit wins in regular season  for it to be a success.   10 - 6 seems like a big difference compared to 9 -7.  Especially since the Bills have reached 9 wins 3 times this century and none of those teams ever came close to scaring New England.

If we have a home playoff game it means the Bills are Division winners.   So that would be great to end Brady’s streak.  But ultimately the goal is to advance in the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1

Hard to say now not knowing what the offseason will bring.  Assuming we give Josh Allen some help and our defense doesn't regress, a successful season would be to win the division and/or get to double digit wins.  All bets are off though if Josh Allen misses a lot of games to injury. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Hmm.Either of those choices would be success.They are  better than what the Bills ended at this season and both choices you have also have playoff appearances., I mean so both of those alone obviously would be success to me. Kind of a weird poll but I'll go with the "either" selection.

I figured it was most likely that 9-7 or 10-6 would result in a playoff berth, but would you rather have a weaker reg season win total but a wild card win or a double digit win rec for the first time in 20 years—also agree with another poster that 8-8 just wouldn’t feel like a success under any circumstances, so it seems like 9 wins is the minimum bar? 

9 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

At some point, the foundation laid by ‘the process’ over the past couple years, combined with impending FA pickups and another draft class, must translate into consistent wins on the field.

Many of us believe they are on the right track to accomplish this, but what realistically does that mean for 2019? What is the minimum in terms of wins that will be necessary to get to, no matter what else happens?

I'm thinking that a few members would view 8-8 to be sufficient ;)  I mean they predicted only 4 wins this season.  8 would double that 

• Like (+1) 1