Alabama vs Clemson who ya got?

Bfanlc

31 minutes ago, par73 said:

Like many here, I am sick of them both. I'll take Alabama with Tua over Lawrence. Next year will be Clemson's turn (yawn).

would 4 more playoff games, probably 3 of them even worse blowouts, have made you feel better just to get to this almost 100% inevitable (since Week One) Final?

5 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I really hope that you are right!!! As a Tide Fan I do not want a close game. If the Bills were in the Super Bowl I would also want a 42-0 romp. Screw close games! :)

That said, I am thinking that this game will be very tight. Clemson is stacked and they are not beaten up from playing tough teams. What I am hoping is that this works against their freshman QB and that he isn't ready for Alabama. He does however look like a star. :(

As a fan of the team playing I also hate close games because they are more stressful than fun and difficult to actually enjoy in the moment. As a non-fan just watching with no rooting interest, close games are the best. These two teams appear to be very evenly matched. As usual it will come down to who can control the LOS. Both teams are very good in the trenches. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

would 4 more playoff games, probably 3 of them even worse blowouts, have made you feel better just to get to this almost 100% inevitable (since Week One) Final?

How about switching back and just having the top two play? Pretty much every year, the first two games are blowouts anyway. I think eventually, they'll move it up to six-- but no, I don't feel more means better. It may create some more interest among other fan bases, though.

30 minutes ago, par73 said:

How about switching back and just having the top two play? Pretty much every year, the first two games are blowouts anyway. I think eventually, they'll move it up to six-- but no, I don't feel more means better. It may create some more interest among other fan bases, though.

to go back.... i'd be happy, but i'm a dinosaur

i can't deny that ND deserved some kind of a shot at it, so 4 is fine.

a #3 can rarely show up with a claim.

seriously old timers, have we ever seen a year where it wasn't painfully and objectively obviously that 2, at most 3 teams, were NOT clearly way better than everyone below them?

i guess it could happen where 6 teams honestly play like gods and we can't discern any diff between them...  i haven't seen 4 great teams going back to 1973...

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

As a fan of the team playing I also hate close games because they are more stressful than fun and difficult to actually enjoy in the moment. As a non-fan just watching with no rooting interest, close games are the best. These two teams appear to be very evenly matched. As usual it will come down to who can control the LOS. Both teams are very good in the trenches. 

Close games are a young man's dream. I can't handle it anymore. They make for great wins when your team wins but man the stress is tough.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

Close games are a young man's dream. I can't handle it anymore. They make for great wins when your team wins but man the stress is tough.

Much better to be ticked at 10 straight blowouts when the top teams play

The sport is doomed to never make us happy 

We can’t even count on a decent conference championship game for the big conferences split into divisions. Somehow fate has forced one division to be a total joke almost all of the time.

At least the Big12 has each team play each other to get a better 1 and 2 matchup

I have no idea how it will play out, but I am definitely cheering for Clemson, not b/c I like them per se but b/c I've had enough 'Bama to last me a lifetime.

I am just hoping for a good, close, evenly fought game that goes to the wire.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well he obviously doesn’t like greatness! Or the two best teams playing 

130 other teams need to pick it up

No question, the two best teams for sure. I’m ready for some actual fresh competition, and if a 10 year old is going to pass on staying up on a school night, it may not be great for ratings. This is what you would have picked back in August. Still looking forward to it! 

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well he obviously doesn’t like greatness! Or the two best teams playing 

130 other teams need to pick it up

College football is entirely about recruiting, and Alabama has such a machine in place right now, they are getting all the top talent in the country, every year.  I guess a few teams (like Clemson) can keep up, but it's hard.

But there is only so much elite talent to go around.  

Not really a case of other schools "picking it up".

Unless you would like to see the Ohio States, Nebraskas, and USCs of the world start offering a Mercedes Benz, strippers, and coke clause to their contracts at signing time.

It's worked before! 

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

College football is entirely about recruiting, and Alabama has such a machine in place right now, they are getting all the top talent in the country, every year.  I guess a few teams (like Clemson) can keep up, but it's hard.

But there is only so much elite talent to go around.  

Not really a case of other schools "picking it up".

Unless you would like to see the Ohio States, Nebraskas, and USCs of the world start offering a Mercedes Benz, strippers, and coke clause to their contracts at signing time.

It's worked before! 

:lol:

I know it’s all about recruiting. Bama is on top because Saban is a great recruiter and he hires the best recruiters. Lupoi is the best in the country 

Clemson , same thing . They can recruit... coaches need to do a better job to make recruits buy in... Dabo did it

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.