Alabama vs Clemson who ya got?

Bfanlc

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

We can at least agree on the fact that YOLO is not a normal fan. Some people would generalize and say that he is not a normal person. However, that is not to say that he isn't appreciated. :D

for sure

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Im surprised by that. Rose Bowl tickets were going for over a grand and it was 60% buckeye fans. If it was a national title game it would be even moreso. Maybe their fan bases are just bored at this point. 

Alabama and South Carolina are not rich states, and that is obviously a long way to travel.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Tired of both programs to be honest, but I respect the fact that they can remain on top year after year.  CFB is a sport that's not all that easy to maintain this dominance....so many players, graduations, transfers, etc..   I think the main reason both teams are dominant is in the trenches.  They both have NFL dudes all over...and the D-lines especially. 

I'm kinda rooting for Clemson but i see Bama winning this years version,  31-27.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

They are not enjoying it to the extent of putting out their own pesos to get to the West Coast to in person witness the games. 

Next year it is in NOLA, and both fan bases probably believe with their QBs returning that they will be back in it. They can catch it live much easier next year. 

Santa Clara is just a bad location for this game

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

There is a greater chance they both dont make it if there are more teams they face.

Yeah, from .01% they don't make it to .02%.

The only team in the top 8 this year that had a remote chance to stop either Clemson or Bama would have been OSU.

Have you looked at the results of the teams from 5-8? Only OSU won.

UGA, Michigan, and UCF all lost.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

they'll increase the playoff to 16 games

and nitwits who don't even watch the games will think this is a great thing

Only after the playoffs increase to 8.

Then when there are even more blowouts, the cry will be to expand it to 12, maybe 16 teams, because that will fix it.

(wash, rinse, repeat)

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Next year it is in NOLA, and both fan bases probably believe with their QBs returning that they will be back in it. They can catch it live much easier next year. 

Santa Clara is just a bad location for this game

The West Coast location is a challenging location to make late reservations for flights and hotels. And the costs would be very prohibitive for many. Now that Kirby is settled in the bayou it is rumored that he will rent out his place to make some extra money for his gambling proclivities. :D

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

they'll increase the playoff to 16 games

and nitwits who don't even watch the games will think this is a great thing

In my opinion, those who want to expand the playoffs should no longer pretend that they want to see the 2 best teams play.

2019 makes at least 4 consecutive years that the best teams compete for the championship.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Cynical said:

Only after the playoffs increase to 8.

Then when there are even more blowouts, the cry will be to expand it to 12, maybe 16 teams, because that will fix it.

(wash, rinse, repeat)

the more games on TV the better

i sadly can fully see that point of view...

43 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

In my opinion, those who want to expand the playoffs should no longer pretend that they want to see the 2 best teams play.

2019 makes at least 4 consecutive years that the best teams compete for the championship.

as i've noted, people fell warm and fuzzy about the concept of more and more games, can't really blame then

not my thing though

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

On Monday I think we'll find out that the top tier is neither 4 nor 2.  It's 1

I really hope that you are right!!! As a Tide Fan I do not want a close game. If the Bills were in the Super Bowl I would also want a 42-0 romp. Screw close games! :)

That said, I am thinking that this game will be very tight. Clemson is stacked and they are not beaten up from playing tough teams. What I am hoping is that this works against their freshman QB and that he isn't ready for Alabama. He does however look like a star. :(

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.