Report: Bills working on extension for Jordan Phillips

YoloinOhio

“We’ve already been in negotiations. We’ve been keeping it under wraps. The word on the street is the Bills are looking for a new 3-technique, and I think I’m the best candidate. So we’ll see,” Phillips said.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

No brainer.

He's young, and adds toughness and size to our interior line rotation.

We just need a 3-technique who can rush the passer now, although Shaq Lawson showed last week kicking him inside on passing downs could be an option. 

• Like (+1) 6

A quote from Phillips after cleaning out his locker....

“Buffalo’s great. I love the atmosphere,” Phillips said. “Wherever I wind up, I won’t go anywhere with a bad fan base. The fan base is a big part of my game, and I haven’t seen anything better than the Bills Mafia.”

• Like (+1) 23
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’m all for it.  Especially with the loss of Kyle, we still need one more guy to go with Star and the 2 Phillips kids.  I can see him costing us a game or two with his over excitement penalties but that’s fine with me.  I like the guy a lot

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m all for it.  Especially with the loss of Kyle, we still need one more guy to go with Star and the 2 Phillips kids.  I can see him costing us a game or two with his over excitement penalties but that’s fine with me.  I like the guy a lot

it would really be ok with you if he cost us 2 games because of penalties? That's pretty significant in a 16 game season.

• Like (+1) 9

20 minutes ago, klos63 said:

it would really be ok with you if he cost us 2 games because of penalties? That's pretty significant in a 16 game season.

Yup.  Sue me.  I like the kid.  A game a two over the course of his 2 year contract.  1 game in two, years, so be it.  I doubt it would be the reason we lose a championship.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, wppete said:

A quote from Phillips after cleaning out his locker....

“Buffalo’s great. I love the atmosphere,” Phillips said. “Wherever I wind up, I won’t go anywhere with a bad fan base. The fan base is a big part of my game, and I haven’t seen anything better than the Bills Mafia.”

I mean watching a 13 year vet get roaring applause in his retirement game from the fanbase probably leaves a great impression.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1