Do you want Adam Gase to stay in the division?

YoloinOhio

Gase to the Jets?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see Adam Gase as HC of the Jets

During and after his first year, I really thought he would be a good coach.   But as his time went on with Miami, it is apparent that he does not have the temperament to be a successful NFL head coach.    He seems like the last guy you want leading your team after a bad loss.   In his press conferences after an L,  Gase reminds me of a little leaguer who just struck out 3 times, made an error,  1/2  wants to blame the ump, 1/2 wants to blame his coach,  and is trying not to cry. 

Maybe he'll mature.  But I would be very happy for him to go to the Jets. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'd prefer they hire McCarthy or Jim Harbaugh....but yes I'd be good with Gase too I don't think any of them are impressive.  It sounds like:

Browns - Mike McCarthy

Dolphins - Jim Harbaugh

Jets - ??? not sure

I'm cool with that.....I think Jim Harbaugh is bad.

49 minutes ago, Estro said:

I'm cool with that.....I think Jim Harbaugh is bad.

I usually think that guys that take over teams that have been bad year over year and get their fledgling QB to perform like an all pro and then draft a guy even better and then go to back to back conference championship s and lose the SB by less than a TD suck too.

fish getting Hardball would be bad news for us IMHO.

He's a good OC, but a mediocre HC, in my opinion. He has the ability to do some tricky stuff on offense.

We'll see what happens. I won't be super concerned if he moves to the Jets, but they could probably do worse.

18 minutes ago, LEBills said:

He is something like 13-11 when crappy Tanny isn’t out. With Darnold looking decent, rather they not pair up.

I think Gase had some bad luck. First year they made the plahoffs. Year 2 he has to coax Jay Cuttler out of retirement. This year he is going with Oswieler in some games. even Knute Rockne would have a hard time winning with those Qbs.  Yet he was able to win 1/2 of his games.

Edited by reddogblitz

I reluctantly voted yes.

I think he's a better coach with more potential to develop a young QB than he showed in Miami.  But the results speak for themselves.  And I think his decision to bring Cutler in was horrible.

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Did wonders for Tanny....

But is that really fair to Gase?  Thats like slamming someone for not making Blake Bortles into a Pro Bowler.  You cant always make a QB something he is not, and Tannehill is not very good.  This is where I always say coaches get way too much blame and also way too much credit far too often.

Is Rodgers as good as he is because of who his HC was?  Or is he just that talented?  Did JP Losman suck because he sucks, or because of who his coach was?  Dont get me wrong, coaching is incredibly important, but Tannehill was what he was when Gase got there.  Just because Gase didn't magically turn him into a pro bowl QB doesn't mean Gase isnt good with developing QB's. 

Belichick didn't do a lot in Cleveland before becoming the GOAT in NE with Brady.  I personally would rather not see someone with a strong offensive background and reputation to be good with QB's before getting saddled with Tannehill go work with Darnold. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It is interesting to compare Gase and McDermott.  McDermott from day one has stressed the "Process," and transforming the culture has been an integral part of that process.  I think he's been largely successful, and we have a reasonable hope that the Bills are going to have a major uptick in on field success next season with the maturing of our young players and a successful off season.  Gase attempted to institute a culture change at the start of last season.  He's now looking for a job.  The difference is that McDermott believes in process and culture to the degree that it is part of him.  For Gase, it's a strategy to adopt if other things aren't working.  It simply means McDermott is more genuine than Gase.  I think genuine has a better chance of being a winner.