Juan Castillo historical coaching results

Team  Year          Rushing Rank

Underlined in red are Castillo OL and/or Run Game coordinator coaching jobs

Eagles 2008        22

Eagles 2009        22

Eagles 2010        5

Eagles 2011        5  (Castillo was with the Eagles but as the Defensive Coordinator, not OL coach)

Eagles 2012        13

Ravens 2012      11

Ravens 2013      30

Ravens 2014      8

Ravens 2015      26

Ravens 2016      28

Ravens 2017      11

Ravens 2018      2

Bills      2015       1

Bills      2016       1

Bills      2017       6

Bills      2018       9

Worth noting on Bills stats, and Ravens stats this year, rushing numbers were heavily inflated by a running QB, which hardly has anything to do with the OL or "run-game" he "coordinated".  (Or his predecessor in Buffalo with TT, to be fair.)

Bottom line, he had a few good years, but generally teams have been better without him than with him.   

Edited by BobChalmers
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

So did he hold the OL back? Or did the OL make him look bad.....Hmmm. 

I'd have to look at the roster moves by year, but just looking at the Ravens history before, during, and after his tenure there is pretty damning on his coaching.

Add to that what we saw with the Bills - both the statistical performance, and the individual drop off by multiple players - Mills, and Wood  come to mind.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Strethor said:

My Ravens friend warned me that I was not going to like Castillo. And we fired a good O-line coach in Kromer to make the hire. Glad he's finally gone

BIG mistake by McD letting Kromer get out the door especially given his ratings the couple of years he was here I'd think the Bills would be much better off if they had kept him but i bet the Rams are forever grateful for McD's misstep !! 

I don't understand why new HC's coming in to a team don't look at what was there prior to their hire & keep those assistants that were a good fit & did well before they were hired !

Both Rex & McD have done that in Rex case being a defensive Guru ? that he is i could see why Schwartz basically walked away but with the case of McD i don't get why he let Kromer & some others walk given that they say consistency in the NFL has a lot to do with a teams success !! 

On 1/2/2019 at 10:56 PM, Strethor said:

My Ravens friend warned me that I was not going to like Castillo. And we fired a good O-line coach in Kromer to make the hire. Glad he's finally gone

I live down in Maryland, and ALL my hard core Ravens fan friends told me the same thing.

On 1/3/2019 at 1:01 PM, teef said:

who was the guy who beats down teens over beach chairs?  can't we get him back?

That was Kromer

On 1/3/2019 at 9:09 AM, T master said:

I don't understand why new HC's coming in to a team don't look at what was there prior to their hire & keep those assistants that were a good fit & did well before they were hired !

McDermott did - and he kept CROSSMAN!  :wallbash: