Which AAF Team to root for.

I sent this message to all of the AAF (American Alliance of Football) teams official Facebook. 

"I was born and raised in Buffalo, New York. Die hard Bills fan here. Moved to Houston and became a fan of the University of Houston Cougars. What does your team have that would interest me in fan hood?"

So far, these are the responses I've gotten.

Salt Lake Stallions: Our Director of Football Operations Ryan Hollern spent a few years with the Bills as a scout...plus our Defensive Coordinator Donnie Henderson was there from 2013-2016!

Arizona HotShots: Awesome organization and players with character who are hungry for an opportunity.

Birmingham Iron: Well good news is that we have first dibs on all former Bills players! We hope you choose to #ForgeOn with our talented team this season.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

OK, I’m all in on the San Antonio Commanders.

San Antonio deserves a team since the Gunslingers (my favorite USFL team) left town.

I just hope the Commanders can make their payroll unlike the Slingers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

Where would one watch these games?

CBS will air league matchups beginning with the Feb. 9, 2019, season opener and culminating with the championship game the weekend of April 26-28, with one regular-season game airing each week exclusively on CBS SportsNetwork.

AND - -the different Rules from the NFL are:

"we’re getting rid of the kickoff, we’re going to start with the ball on the 25.

Obviously, if you get rid of the kickoff, you have to get rid of the onside kick. So what we’re doing… if you want to go for the equivalent of the onside kick, we will give you your ball on your own 35 and you’ll be facing 4th-and-10. If you convert, you keep going. If you don’t, you’re giving the ball back to someone knocking on your own red zone.

We’re getting rid of the extra point. We want people to play on the field, so they’re going to have to go for two points.

…. We’re going to take the play clock down to 30 seconds, so it reflects what’s happening in the game already. Most NFL offenses are getting to the line in 17, 20 seconds.”

Edited by PUNT750
  • Thank you (+1) 2

No kicked extra points. I like that. Take the opposite strategy of the NFL that elevates kicking to a bigger part of the game.

cool that games will be on T V. I'll be watching.

go Memphis and Birmingham. i like San Antone  too.  Salt Lake stole Birmingham's USFL name.

Edited by reddogblitz

11 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I sent this message to all of the AAF (American Alliance of Football) teams official Facebook. 

"I was born and raised in Buffalo, New York. Die hard Bills fan here. Moved to Houston and became a fan of the University of Houston Cougars. What does your team have that would interest me in fan hood?"

So far, these are the responses I've gotten.

Salt Lake Stallions: Our Director of Football Operations Ryan Hollern spent a few years with the Bills as a scout...plus our Defensive Coordinator Donnie Henderson was there from 2013-2016!

Arizona HotShots: Awesome organization and players with character who are hungry for an opportunity.

Birmingham Iron: Well good news is that we have first dibs on all former Bills players! We hope you choose to #ForgeOn with our talented team this season.

Does that mean Peterson will be the Birmingham starting qb in their first season?  That may look better to nate than the Raiders practice squad. 

Edited by longtimebillsfan

16 hours ago, ducej11 said:

Atlanta Legends for me! I live in Atlanta now and a close friend of mine is Brad Childress' niece. We are pretty exciting for their first home game.

Jim hofher is the wr/qb coach. Was the HC at ub a while back

6 hours ago, Screwball said:

Pete Metzelaars is the OL coach for Atlanta.  Vick is their OC.