Bills fire WR Coach Terry Robiskie

Reed83HOF

24 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I agree with those that say this is about Daboll getting his own staff more than punishing anybody.

Yes sir, I agree.  I just said the same in the Castillo thread.

Daboll has Beane's and McDermott's backing and he IS THE MAN on offense.

31 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Looks like Robiskie is taking the fall for Kelvin Benjamin being a fat, lazy bust of a player.  It wasn't Robiskie who traded for Benjamin and anointed him the #1 WR on the team.  Robiskie had very little to work with talent-wise, but did get some of the younger guys going, which could pay off in years ahead.

I would only buy that they would make him the fall guy if KB was still here.  Our WRs need to be more consistent with catching the ball and you have to think the coaching could be better.

30 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I agree with those that say this is about Daboll getting his own staff more than punishing anybody.

The Bills had historically bad WR and Oline units this season.  Truly very terrible.  Maybe it is a complete lack of talent.   But these guys are being punished for the failure.  Do people really think that Daboll has online and WR coaching systems, these  guys just could not execute for him , but a new guy will? 

57 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Interesting to see him go but if Dabol wants to bring in his own guys let him 

I think letting terry and Juan walk is ensuring Daboll sticks 

Agree if you were going to get rid of Daboll, you'd likely first hire a new OC, then let him decide who to stay and who goes.

35 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I agree and also think it's a good thing. 

Daboll passed his audition this season IMO.  Now he gets to build his own staff and has a full off season to help get Allen & company to the next level.  I also expect that Dabol will be a key figure in who the Bills go after in the draft & FA on the offensive side of the ball. 

I also like the decisive way in which the Bills are making changes. 

9 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The Bills had historically bad WR and Oline units this season.  Truly very terrible.  Maybe it is a complete lack of talent.   But these guys are being punished for the failure.  Do people really think that Daboll has online and WR coaching systems, these  guys just could not execute for him , but a new guy will? 

Yes, time to get younger minds and systems.

Adam Gase, Todd Haley, Mike Shula, Mike Mularkey are E-P guys. Not saying they would come here to coach receivers, but anybody who has worked under them would be well versed in the system. Robiskie made sense last year because he was coming from Mularkey's system. Jeremy Bates and Mike McCoy have some EP experience as well. Jason Michael of the Cardinals could make some sense. Eric Studesville would be a great get as a run game coordinator type guy as well. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Not sure how to feel on this one. On the one hand the WR weren't that great this year but on the other Foster developed nicely in the back half of the season.

what took him so long  ? 

: )

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Yeah I agree. Castillo and Robiski weren’t Dabols guys and honestly this is a different NFL, both of them are older we need some young guys in here that are Dabols guys.

Castillo wasn't, but what makes you say Robieski wasn't?  He was hired a month after Daboll, no?

OK, TBN has picked this up, it's legit

https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/02/bills-fire-wide-receivers-coach-terry-robiskie/

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Castillo wasn't, but what makes you say Robieski wasn't?  He was hired a month after Daboll, no?

No connection to Dabol. He was purely a McDermott hire. Time to get some young blood in. 

42 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Who made Foster what he's recently become?  He was nothing in college, wasn't drafted, and was cut by the Bills early on.  If his maker was Robiskie, this appears to be a bad move.

Looks like McDermott should get credit for Foster to me.

https://www.wnct.com/sports/nfl/nfl-buffalo/bills-robert-foster-starts-to-catch-on-given-2nd-chance/1625966526

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Who made Foster what he's recently become?  He was nothing in college, wasn't drafted, and was cut by the Bills early on.  If his maker was Robiskie, this appears to be a bad move.

Perhaps they gave the assistant, Chad Hall, 1 job.....Robert Foster?