Bills fire WR Coach Terry Robiskie

Reed83HOF

Perhaps Robiske and Castillo being out and replaced by coaches better liked by potential free agent WRs and OL  is all part of the process.  Interesting how the coaches in charge of areas of greatest need in FA are let go and replaced well before free agency starts.   Trust the process.   McBeanes know what they are doing

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Maybe they slide Culley to WR coach and bring in Palmer to work with Allen.

I think this organization has enough cash in the bank to afford to replace Culley with Palmer if they desired.

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

Perhaps Robiske and Castillo being out and replaced by coaches better liked by potential free agent WRs and OL  is all part of the process.  Interesting how the coaches in charge of areas of greatest need in FA are let go and replaced well before free agency starts.   Trust the process.   McBeanes know what they are doing

I thought about that last night, particularly wrt Robiskie. He may relate better to young WRs than vets. You may recall that the WR from the Titans that reportedly wouldn’t consider the Bills when he was available because he hated Robiskie. Not sure what happened with KB, Holmes and kerley but maybe the vibe wasn’t there with them either. 

14 hours ago, wppete said:

Interesting...... overhaul is underway on the offense. I hope the don’t get rid of Dabol. Keep the system and bring in some young bright coaches. 

I don't think Daboll is going anywhere.

14 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

New WR and ST coach.....Steve Tasker 

I don't know about WR, but for a ST coach? I'd be for it. 

Robiskie wasn't a good teacher.  Sure, the receivers, much like the offensive line, wasn't chok full of All-Pro talent this year but the mental lapses - the not knowing plays, the dropped passes, the poor route running - is a result of poor teaching.  He failed to motivate/inspire Kelvin Benjamin to do anything remotely positive in a Bills uniform absent the preseason game against Carolina.  

15 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Adam Gase, Todd Haley, Mike Shula, Mike Mularkey are E-P guys. Not saying they would come here to coach receivers, but anybody who has worked under them would be well versed in the system. Robiskie made sense last year because he was coming from Mularkey's system. Jeremy Bates and Mike McCoy have some EP experience as well. Jason Michael of the Cardinals could make some sense. Eric Studesville would be a great get as a run game coordinator type guy as well. 

As per Mr EpsYtown's point, this piece may be helpful to those unfamiliar with the strengths of the the E-P system: http://grantland.com/features/how-terminology-erhardt-perkins-system-helped-maintain-dominance-tom-brady-patriots/ .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, dlonce said:

Pipe dream.

Palmers not leaving his lucrative business to coach for the Bills or any other team. 

Fans just think magically a guy will take a job if offered enough money. Not true, some guys have no desire to coach in structure.

What did I say that's a pipe dream? Did you quote the wrong person?

17 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I thought Robiskie was a good coach, a very good coach actually. With that said, if Daboll can snag some coaches off of NEs staff, perfecto! I'd give Daboll free reign to do whatever he likes. He knows more about football than me.

I don't think he was the worst WR coach in the league, but our WRs had terrible route discipline and running. The route awareness was pretty poor all year long, and it wasn't until the last few weeks that we saw Foster, McKenzie, and less so, but still, Zay come around. Curious how much of that was due to Allen's improvement over that course of time as well, but since Week 1 we had some of the worst route running/awareness in the league and it showed regardless of who our QB was.

It's not a lot to ask for and I think McD may have had one too many practices where he had to tear the WR corps a new one - HC shouldn't have to do something that menial in an ideal system.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I thought Robiskie was a good coach, a very good coach actually. With that said, if Daboll can snag some coaches off of NEs staff, perfecto! I'd give Daboll free reign to do whatever he likes. He knows more about football than me.

Blasphemy! You’re a member of The Stadium Wall. NO ONE knows more about football than us.

Now go outside, turn around 3 times and spit!

Then wash your mouth out with soap!

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

As per Mr EpsYtown's point, this piece may be helpful to those unfamiliar with the strengths of the the E-P system: http://grantland.com/features/how-terminology-erhardt-perkins-system-helped-maintain-dominance-tom-brady-patriots/ .

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, T master said:

McD is building my faith in him as a HC he gets rid of the 2 assistants that weren't producing i hope he lets Dabol pick who he feels are the best fit for what he is trying to do within his scheme !! 

Huh?  He literally was Given a pile of ? by a regime that has been awful at scouting receivers.  The fact Foster has the season he did is a testament to the job TR did.

maybe there is other stuff to this but I don’t like this move.  

1 hour ago, ctk232 said:

I don't think he was the worst WR coach in the league, but our WRs had terrible route discipline and running. The route awareness was pretty poor all year long, and it wasn't until the last few weeks that we saw Foster, McKenzie, and less so, but still, Zay come around. Curious how much of that was due to Allen's improvement over that course of time as well, but since Week 1 we had some of the worst route running/awareness in the league and it showed regardless of who our QB was.

It's not a lot to ask for and I think McD may have had one too many practices where he had to tear the WR corps a new one - HC shouldn't have to do something that menial in an ideal system.

Or maybe those receivers just suck. 

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Or maybe those receivers just suck. 

Could very well be the case, too. Robiskie was never one of the guys I would've guessed would get shown the door in all honesty though. But whether or not it was mostly the talentless corps we had, his job as the coach makes him literally responsible for their performance. There may have very well been more to it behind the scenes either in terms of not meshing with McD, or simply that Daboll has now been given more authority to go out and find his own guys.

Either way, I wouldn't have included Robiskie in the same conversation as Castillo and maybe Crossman deserve.

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This seems kind of harsh; there is only so much you can do with the WR talent on this team.

One could have said the same thing about the O-line...