Bills fire WR Coach Terry Robiskie

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Great player, but do we know he can coach?

Pegs can certainly afford him, but that’s a pretty easy gig he’s got now. 

He coached out west..but he still hangs out with the Super Bowl gang,maybe Thurman can convince him,Lord knows,that fella can talk.Odds are slim and none that it would happen...it's nice to think about though.

I don't care one way or another on this one. But does anyone think a different WR coach was going to get better performances out of KB and Zay?  KB mentally checked out.  Maybe one day the reason will be determined.  As for Zay, he has had two maybe three games where he looked ok. Other than that he has been a major bust.  One would think Zay could learn to catch a ball all on his own.

1 hour ago, clayboy54 said:

Do you really think they are just firing guys without a plan for a replacement? They just might have a better guy ready to take the job!

Well I guess that depends on what you mean by a plan?  Yes I'm sure they have a few guys in mind. But no I don't think they have necessarily already picked the successor.  Then again Daboll was hired only a couple of days after Dennison was let go

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

i dunno about that. you have seen and heard him on NFL broadcasts, right?

I kept confusing him with William F Buckley

45 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I don't care one way or another on this one. But does anyone think a different WR coach was going to get better performances out of KB and Zay?  KB mentally checked out.  Maybe one day the reason will be determined.  As for Zay, he has had two maybe three games where he looked ok. Other than that he has been a major bust.  One would think Zay could learn to catch a ball all on his own.

no robiskie has to teach him

3 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Thanks for the article.  Read the third from last paragraph.  Foster credits Robiskie. 

Whereas at Alabama, Foster was mostly asked to simply outrun defenders, he credited Bills position coach Terry Robiskie for helping him learn to become a well-rounded receiver.

3 hours ago, CNYfan said:

Wow, look at that!!  

I didn't now those were NFL lows.  

They should include the dead space as well for WRs cut.

47 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

You would be an upgrade over Crossmam. There wasn't a worse ST out there. You name the mistake, the Bills did it. 

Did the Bills block one kick this year?  

I understand the feeling, and I am not sure how Crossman is able to survive ...it is truly baffling. Particularly with the McBeane tandem, as resting upon past laurels does not seem to be their thing when doing coach evals.

47 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

True

No cap limits on coaches, but I’m sure there are some CBA limitations on practice time. Therefore, maybe he’s better used in the offseason without CBA limitations? I feel like Josh is a hard worker who will give it all he’s got to learn the trade. 

7 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

They are likely announcing this in order of evaluations, with McDermott and Beane telling the coaches in person before announcing it. If we haven't heard an official release on Crossman I suspect he hasn't had his exit interview yet. 

The Jest still have all of fired HC Todd Bowles' assistants under contract. I'm hoping that whoever they hire as their new HC cleans house and the Bills go grab ST coach Brant Boyer...assuming that the Bills do not retain Crossman.

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'm likely out of my depth, but I actually think Zay is somewhat of a try-hard who really really wants to succeed. I think a coach who resonates with him would see results. 

Edited by NickelCity

10 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Rather have Palmer available to Josh all year round vs what ever time is allowed by the cba. 

Pipe dream.

Palmers not leaving his lucrative business to coach for the Bills or any other team. 

Fans just think magically a guy will take a job if offered enough money. Not true, some guys have no desire to coach in structure.

• Like (+1) 1