Final Tremaine Edmunds numbers, shoutout from Bills PR

Logic

The sky is the limit for this guy, I know that sometimes OCs made him look lost (SD and IND) at times, I know that he misread a lot of holes while diagnosing the running game but this kid will get better, no doubt about it.

Once he starts believing what he's capable of doing he will be a tremendous asset for this defense.

3 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

NE ran the edge on us with 22 and with 13 personnel. While Edmunds indeed had one of his worst games (or worst game) vs. them, much of the damage NE did was on the edge, where scheme or other players would also be responsible. 

There were a handful of runs right up the guy too and you can visible see Edmunds getting blocked out of the play.  He was responsible to fill those holes and he did a really terrible job.  Until he gets that part of his game taken care of, I think the jury is still out

4 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Good summary.  My concern is, if he isn’t the run stuffing thumper, than how the is defense going to stop running attacks like we saw in New England?  He definitely needs to improve in this area

Milano missing hurts there.  Hes more that guy.  Especially sideline to sideline where Pat's ran on us. 

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I think the pick will be looked at as a great one and Edumonds will be a foundational piece for this team for years to come. White, Edumonds, Milano, T.Johnson, and possibly H.Phillips and Shaq could all be the core to a very good defense for the next 2-4 seasons. 

Levi Wallace too.

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Dv7c1HKWsAEWNkF.jpg:large

You have to be very careful with tackle stats and LBs. He was statistically excellent vs the Pats (11 tackles .5 sack) but his play on the the field was poor (273 rush yds). Bills PR Dept indeed.

5 hours ago, Logic said:

The fact that he did all of this as a 20-year-old who never before played the position is just astonishing. 

And aside from personal stats, he was the "quarterback" of the 2nd ranked defense and 1st ranked pass defense in the NFL. That's huge.

I know some fans felt he disappointed this year, but I don't think that at all, not even a little bit. Crazy what he did at such a young age. Future is extremely bright.

I have the exact same opinion. I can't believe that some fans are disappointed with him and some are calling for him to be moved to OLB.

SHOUTOUT!  

To journeyman level MLB Preston Brown for leading the entire NFL in tackles in this defense in 2017!:lol:

I kid.......but it's true.

This defense is going to stuff any MLB's stat lines...........and additionally Edmunds probably lead the league in "chances" to make plays...........as his weaknesses showed up on tape there were games that teams specifically game planned for his weaknesses and attacked them all day.

That said I think he had a huge bounce-back game this past week after a truly horrible performance in NE.   I gotta' watch the game again on the DVR and isolate on the defense but it looked encouraging.:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, QCity said:

You have to be very careful with tackle stats and LBs. He was statistically excellent vs the Pats (11 tackles .5 sack) but his play on the the field was poor (273 rush yds). Bills PR Dept indeed.

LOL

Going into last offseason Buffalo had 0 franchise caliber players.  Imo the heights the team could reach in the up coming years are equal to that of the improvements of Allen and Edmunds.  If each reach 80% of their potential Buffalo will be perennial contenders.  Edmunds has not physically matured yet.  He doesnt know how strong or fast he can become. Him on a pro diet and work out could turn him into a monster.  

Much like Allen, I'm excited to see what he does in year two and (hopefully) see them both take it to the next level.  Also like Allen, I saw improvement during the year, so there's optimism.  He has work to do and weaknesses to address but the foundation is certainly there... it's headshaking to consider Edmunds is only 20.

Worst case scenario, the Bills have a guy they can probably turn into an elite pass rusher.  Best case scenario is something beyond Urlacher, *THE* ultimate "modern NFL" middle linebacker/quarterback of the defense.  If Milano bounces back completely from his injury and also takes another developmental step, the Bills will have quite the pair of linebackers.  I'll enjoy watching this reality show to see what the result is.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No doubt......one of the top 5 things a modern defense needs:

1) pass rushing defensive lineman

2) Shutdown CB's

3) Bob Babich (either of em', per yoyo):flirt:

4) Versatile safety and LB for Bob Babich(or close DNA match) to find said player and then coach him up

5) More process