Final Tremaine Edmunds numbers, shoutout from Bills PR

Logic

On 1/2/2019 at 3:55 PM, Dr.Sack said:

He needs to hit the weight room and add some explosive power to his legs & improve his upper body strength. These are great numbers but imagine if he continues to physically develop. 

At 20, he's not done growing yet. He'll get bigger and stronger.

6 minutes ago, CSBill said:

At 20, he's not done growing yet. He'll get bigger and stronger.

He will get stronger, but hopefully not bigger IF it leads to slower. His speed is an important part of his gift. 

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

He needs to use his weight more......he arm tackles a lot.   But man 20YO is young!  This dude has a bright future.

He does arm tackle, but he’s also wrapping up and those long arms also caused a few fumbles. I’d like to see a lot more thumping with the shoulders, but I don’t remember a lot of missed arm tackles.....the guys got some serious arms! 

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

He does arm tackle, but he’s also wrapping up and those long arms also caused a few fumbles. I’d like to see a lot more thumping with the shoulders, but I don’t remember a lot of missed arm tackles.....the guys got some serious arms! 

I agree I can’t remember a lot of missed tackles but he did miss a chance to blow people up a lot.   That can send a message and cause fumbles too.  I also had the thought maybe his style won’t be aggressive and that can be ok.   It may allow him to play longer and prevent head trauma.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I agree I can’t remember a lot of missed tackles but he did miss a chance to blow people up a lot.   That can send a message and cause fumbles too.  I also had the thought maybe his style won’t be aggressive and that can be ok.   It may allow him to play longer and prevent head trauma.  

They did use him a lot blitzing up the middle and in time I think that his pressure can be a VERY important weapon. Pressure is great, especially up the shortest route. His size, speed and long arms make this fun to watch. 

On 1/2/2019 at 3:56 PM, LabattBlue said:

Oh really?  Point me to the interview with Beane or McD where they say this.

So what happens when a team realizes he is a liability in the running game, and just keeps pounding the rock?  I'm going to guess that most teams still run the ball at least 40% of the time.

Finish no 1 against pass and 16th against the run. If teams didn't know he was a liability in the run game this year their coaches need to be fired.  Theres a good chance that he gains some weight and strength being only 20 years old going into an offseason with a plan from nfl trainers. 

11 hours ago, Augie said:

He will get stronger, but hopefully not bigger IF it leads to slower. His speed is an important part of his gift. 

Agree, but more muscle means more weight, it doses not necessarily mean he has to get slower. That’s why they pay training staff a lot $$$,  to be sure that doesn’t happen.