(Unconfirmed) NFL Draft Diamonds (Twitter) reporting Crossman fired

eball

While we wait for confirmation, I'm genuinely not certain how he made it through last year, let alone this year.

My memory is hazy, but I seem to recall last year we lost two onside kicks in back-to-back games...or at least close to each other. A planned onside kick has something like a 20% success rate. Losing two of them is ridiculous.

Where are you Bobby April? 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

Yes!  Although firing 2 outa your 3 coordinators within 2 years it a bit concerning. But atleast he’s willing to admit his mistakes. 

No it isn’t.  There’s turnover every year on NFL Coaching staffs, especially for teams that finish 6-10.  

• Like (+1) 2

So someone tweets that an imminent firing has happened, then says, "well, someone texted me, but I'm trying to confirm."

When it happens, does something like this count as "breaking the news?"

More click bait.  Pathetic, really.

Not surprised and needed if true.  Our ST was about as bad as I have seen in years.  And that's saying a lot because we have had our fair share of crap ST units.  

Once again, assuming this is true, I love that McD and Beane see and recognize where there needs to be improvement and go out and make the change.  My confidence in the McBeane regime is as high as ever and cant wait to see how they go about Free Agency and the draft.

Edited by Alphadawg7

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So someone tweets that an imminent firing has happened, then says, "well, someone texted me, but I'm trying to confirm."

Click bait for what, exactly? It wasn't "working to confirm, updates will be posted at site x"

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

At least it wasn’t as bad as this guy below.  It’s parody account that is no unfunny, you can hardly tell it’s satire:  I guess a bunch of fans created their own make believe network called GGSN.  Kind of cute, kind of scary:

• SDS changed the title to (Unconfirmed) NFL Draft Diamonds (Twitter) reporting Crossman fired
1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Literally what took so long?  He should have been axed before Castillo...unless they met with coaches in alphabetical order

Silly he didn't go yesterday. Please Sean hire a dynamic ST coach and find a way of getting Braden  Mann from Texas A&M as your punter.

45 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

No it isn’t.  There’s turnover every year on NFL Coaching staffs, especially for teams that finish 6-10.  

2 outa 3 in your first 2 years and staying completely safe yourself never happens. It certainly is a very unique situation. 

2 hours ago, Estelle Getty said:

Yes!  Although firing 2 outa your 3 coordinators within 2 years it a bit concerning. But atleast he’s willing to admit his mistakes. 

I believe Dennison was always a stop-gap. They knew they were tearing it down after 2017 so after their first few targets went elsewhere, I think they figured, "Let's just get an experienced guy in here for this season and next season we'll look to find the guy we'll roll with for the foreseeable future."