(Unconfirmed) NFL Draft Diamonds (Twitter) reporting Crossman fired

eball

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Not Crossman, but did just see this Tweet

Interesting - the Castillo and Crossman moves were expected and overdue.

Do we really think the WR group didn't show improvement?  Robiskie was the guy who coached Zay in college, right?

32 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

2 outa 3 in your first 2 years and staying completely safe yourself never happens. It certainly is a very unique situation. 

Except it really isn’t. 

Just now, BobChalmers said:

Do we really think the WR group didn't show improvement?  Robiskie was the guy who coached Zay in college, right?

We don’t quite know whether you can attribute the improvement to Terry or something else.  We have to trust the decision.  Seems like McDermott has been pretty good with his staff so far

6 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

No the guy Denison had at WR Coach Phil McGeoghan was Zays coach at ECU.  They both left after last year.  

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, blizzardman said:

Isn’t the goal to barely know the ST coach’s name? Because even the casual fan knew crossman. That’s how you know it’s time. 

STs is actually very important. Having a kicker that can crush FGs consistently can be the difference between winning or losing a game. I knew Crossman was a bad coach after witnessing how many punters he went through. He literally went through punters like they were toilet paper and that's not normal.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don’t know about the other guys tweeting, but I had a minor amt of correspondence with Talbot over the years and never got the feeling he was trying to slicker anybody.   A few of you guys might’ve mixed him up with someone else, which is easy enough to do.

I think he probably did get a text from someone he knows/trusts. 

From my pov, I hope it’s true.  

Time to move on because “Only sucks every other year” is not good enough any more.

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Holy mackerel!  Crossman is ‘Dunkirk Dave’!

Sources tell me that Crossman had to sign off on the Pegulas buying the team...

He gets to run his special teams empire without interference. Marrone became miserable in an attempt to make Crossman quit but it backfired and Marrone quit instead...

That's the general idea of the texts I'm getting... Still need to confirm though!

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

No, Robiskie is the guy they hired last year.  The 2017 WR coach, Phil McGeoghan, was the one who coached Zay in college.

They hired Terry Robiskie last year after the Titans moved on from him as OC.

I'm a little surprised, as Robiskie was hired ~ a month after Daboll was brought in, and one would have thought he was Daboll's guy.

On the one hand, a couple of our young WR showed improvement through the season.  On the other hand, he evidently couldn't inspire vets like Benjamin to know where to line up, hang onto balls, or run crisp routes so maybe it is time for change.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Sources tell me that Crossman had to sign off on the Pegulas buying the team...

He gets to run his special teams empire without interference. Marrone became miserable in an attempt to make Crossman quit but it backfired and Marrone quit instead...

That's the general idea of the texts I'm getting... Still need to confirm though!

Crossman is the only the guy who knows how to use and fix the old printer/fax.  Replacing those things is a total B word so they keep servicing the old ones. 

He also gets to OBD first every day and brews a pot of coffee. 

Doesn't seem like much but its job security.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I heard from a friend that knows a guy that has a wife who heard it from her best friend who was told it by her husband who was told by the floozy he was running with (she doesn't know this though so don't tell her) that this might not be true. bank on it!