Josh Allen named AFC offensive player of the week

wppete

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I'm not focusing on the pick 6, never even mentioned it. I just don't consider the season a success, I can't imagine Beane or McDermott do either. Yes, some players made progress and it's exciting to watch Allen improve, but we have quite a few issues, probably why we fired an assistant coach and expect to have a pretty significant roster turnover this offseason.

Given the huge dead money regarding this year's roster and the minimal talent on offense, this was never likely to be a successful year in terms of record. This year was about development of the young players, especially at qb and mlb. If you have a potential franchise qb with arrow up, you have hope. Lot of folks thought Allen was two years away from even seeing the field. Turns out the fella can play a little. Next year, folks will wants wins, but for this year, we did about as well as one could rationally hope for.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I'm not focusing on the pick 6, never even mentioned it. I just don't consider the season a success, I can't imagine Beane or McDermott do either. Yes, some players made progress and it's exciting to watch Allen improve, but we have quite a few issues, probably why we fired an assistant coach and expect to have a pretty significant roster turnover this offseason.

It's a rebuild. 2018 was phase 1. I'm impressed with what was achieved with the lack of offensive talent that we had, the hopes in our OL with Wood and Incognito dropping out, the lack of cap space. I love that Beane did not compromise and stayed the course, found some young cheap talent like Foster and Coach got the team to develop and improve. 

For me this year was a success. I've read so much negative stuff this year I'm just tired of it. I've been Bills fan since the 80's and I saw how the Superbowl teams were built. Finally after all the horrible years we are doing things the right way. So happy and optimistic about where this team is going. There is more tasks to be done and more pieces to add but this year was a success.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Should have won the first Miami game and the 2nd Jets game; also "should" have won the Houston game.  This extremely flawed and shorthanded team was a whisker away from 9-7, though to be fair they were also a whisker away from 3-13.

I'm an optimistic fan by nature, but I absolutely can't wait for all of the offseason activity this year!

I agree with you100%!

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Crap, I’m gonna take a beating for this.  

But in all seriousness, against the broken Dolphins or not, you couldn’t ask for a better way to end the season for Josh. 

Watch the All22 yet?  Still waiting for your analysis of the Foster catch, where you gave accolades to the catch (and "supposed" adjustment), not the throw.

But heck maybe you too are coming around??

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Watch the All22 yet?  Still waiting for your analysis of the Foster catch, where you gave accolades to the catch (and "supposed" adjustment), not the throw.

But heck maybe you too are coming around??

I was waiting for this.  And I did.  I still think you’re missing my point.  It was a great throw. But it was also an adjustment catch, one I was looking to see him be able to make for his development as a WR. 

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I was waiting for this.  And I did.  I still think you’re missing my point.  It was a great throw. But it was also an adjustment catch, one I was looking to see him be able to make for his development as a WR. 

It was a pretty simple pitch & catch imo.  The important thing was that JA was accurate and Foster caught the ball.  Again a simple play for NFL players, but with so many comments about Allen's accuracy, in this case you couldn't have placed it better or made for an easier catch.

Edited by Billsfan1972

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I find myself amazed at the people on this board, supposed Bills fans, who still found a way to bag on Allen this week. It makes no sense to me.

It's actually very easy to make sense of those who bag on Allen. I've said it repeatedly: few things are easier than predicting failure in the NFL. There are so many things that have to work for anyone to be successful at this sport that failure shouldn't be predicted...it should be expected. Most fans recognize this and can happily applaud even the onset of success, like Allen being in on 5 TDs in one game.

But some people just can't do that. That wasn't success to them because the QB at Onondaga Community College could do the same thing vs. that Fish team.

So bagging on Allen is low-hanging fruit that can easily get people to the ultimate pay out: telling everyone "I told you so."

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

The ream is ridiculously young and has no depth. Major growth happened this year from key members of our team. From Allen to Edmunds we've got some of the pieces you need to be special. The point of the original poster is that there is every reason to be optimistic about next year looking at the development of the players and the manner in which the organization is being managed. AFC Offensive player of the week aside our QB who many pundits predicted was a bust continues to grow and make  plays. You can focus on the pick 6 while the rest of us celebrate the 5 tds

It’s funny because Big Ben throw the same exact pick 6 on Sunday for the same reason, didnt see the lurking Safety/Corner