Josh Allen named AFC offensive player of the week

wppete

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He deserved it. He was great last week. I don't even fault him for the INT. It's the sort of pick that you see good QBs make all of time, including Brady/Brees. Just a misread and a good design by the Dolphins. 

Agreed. The dude was prime time this week. I find myself amazed at the people on this board, supposed Bills fans, who still found a way to bag on Allen this week. It makes no sense to me.

Oh well.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is fantastic.  I've never been one for "exciting," but hot damn, this kid is exciting AND good.  Impressive award given, appropriately, to a super-impressive performance.  

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He deserved it. He was great last week. I don't even fault him for the INT. It's the sort of pick that you see good QBs make all of time, including Brady/Brees. Just a misread and a good design by the Dolphins. 

Kubiak made an interesting observation about the pick-6.  Not sure if I buy it but he said it was one play after Josh got drilled by Kiko while trying to "block" for Shady.  Kubiak said he thought it was obvious Josh was a bit shaken up and the Bills should have gone with another run play to give him a few minutes to clear the cobwebs.

Anyway, the difference in just about every stat (besides completion %) between the 6 games of pre-injury Josh and the 6 games of post-injury Josh show dramatic improvement.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Congrats Josh Allen!!  As I recall, Mahomes played the last game of the year in 2017-18 season and lit it up. Now I'm not saying JA is Mahomes, but ending the season on a high note is a good way to stat the off season.

Mahomes had pretty pedestrian stats. He didn't light it up at all. However, he made a few great throws that impressed a lot of people.

39 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Sounds really weird to say at 6-10 ... but this season was a success.

Not weird at all.   The expectations were very low this year.  6 wins over achieved.  With a few breaks, we could have been 8-8. 

This is a great way to end the season.   Congratulations to Josh and the Bills.  

It feels really good to have a reason to be optimistic for the 2019 season.  

Now let's  nail free agency and the draft. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Kubiak made an interesting observation about the pick-6.  Not sure if I buy it but he said it was one play after Josh got drilled by Kiko while trying to "block" for Shady.  Kubiak said he thought it was obvious Josh was a bit shaken up and the Bills should have gone with another run play to give him a few minutes to clear the cobwebs.

Anyway, the difference in just about every stat (besides completion %) between the 6 games of pre-injury Josh and the 6 games of post-injury Josh show dramatic improvement.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but Allen's completion percentage vs the Dolphins was over 65%!

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

que the "QB comparison" analytics that "prove" JA is a bust.  

Now the Allen is not good and analytics prove it crowd is going to have to deal with optimism and folks liking Allen for a whole off-season. Life is just so unfair . . . 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Congratulations to Josh Allen.

He's going to work his tail off, improve his mechanics, work on his shorter to intermediate throws, watch lots of tape of his mistakes and misreads and go into camp with tons of confidence and no longer will be a wide-eyed rookie.  

He will make the second year jump in performance.  I'm confident of that happening.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

Congratulations to Josh Allen.

He's going to work his tail off, improve his mechanics, work on his shorter to intermediate throws, watch lots of tape of his mistakes and misreads and go into camp with tons of confidence and no longer will be a wide-eyed rookie.  

He will make the second year jump in performance.  I'm confident of that happening.

Allen appears to have the obsession to be the best that the great players all share. Guys like Rice, Brady, etc. all share the single-minded obsession to outwork everyone and be the best.

So long as Allen keeps that obsession to work towards improving, he'll be just fine. I'm glad they're going to have Anderson around for another season to work with him and to help teach him good study habits.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Not weird at all.   The expectations were very low this year.  6 wins over achieved.  With a few breaks, we could have been 8-8. 

This is a great way to end the season.   Congratulations to Josh and the Bills.  

It feels really good to have a reason to be optimistic for the 2019 season.  

Now let's  nail free agency and the draft. 

Go Bills!

Should have won the first Miami game and the 2nd Jets game; also "should" have won the Houston game.  This extremely flawed and shorthanded team was a whisker away from 9-7, though to be fair they were also a whisker away from 3-13.

I'm an optimistic fan by nature, but I absolutely can't wait for all of the offseason activity this year!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Should have won the first Miami game and the 2nd Jets game; also "should" have won the Houston game.  This extremely flawed and shorthanded team was a whisker away from 9-7, though to be fair they were also a whisker away from 3-13.

I'm an optimistic fan by nature, but I absolutely can't wait for all of the offseason activity this year!

Crazy to think that 9-7 was possible with this team, and the fact that they were more than 50, and by some analyst's tally by the end of the season, almost 70 million in dead cap space.

Man I can't help but think there is nothing but "up" for this team in 2019.

...but choose your players wisely, McBeane.

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

You mean like this tool bag? This guy has a hardon for Allen and Bills fans. Even went out of his way to call both out on ESPN radio. 

Allen and Bills fans are living rent free in that fat dome of his. 

Was that a couple nights ago? I think I heard it. The guy was speaking down from his throne of enlightenment, and the only thing of football substance he managed to get out in the three minute talk was Allen's 52% completion percentage. Like all Bills fans had yet to come to that point in their analysis of Josh Allen. STFU guy you're not smart

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Josh Allen's season could be looked upon as a success, however, there were still quite a few things that went wrong - hence the 6-10 record.

The ream is ridiculously young and has no depth. Major growth happened this year from key members of our team. From Allen to Edmunds we've got some of the pieces you need to be special. The point of the original poster is that there is every reason to be optimistic about next year looking at the development of the players and the manner in which the organization is being managed. AFC Offensive player of the week aside our QB who many pundits predicted was a bust continues to grow and make  plays. You can focus on the pick 6 while the rest of us celebrate the 5 tds

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

The ream is ridiculously young and has no depth. Major growth happened this year from key members of our team. From Allen to Edmunds we've got some of the pieces you need to be special. The point of the original poster is that there is every reason to be optimistic about next year looking at the development of the players and the manner in which the organization is being managed. AFC Offensive player of the week aside our QB who many pundits predicted was a bust continues to grow and make  plays. You can focus on the pick 6 while the rest of us celebrate the 5 tds

I'm not focusing on the pick 6, never even mentioned it. I just don't consider the season a success, I can't imagine Beane or McDermott do either. Yes, some players made progress and it's exciting to watch Allen improve, but we have quite a few issues, probably why we fired an assistant coach and expect to have a pretty significant roster turnover this offseason.