Josh Allen named AFC offensive player of the week

wppete

Quarterback Josh Allen said that the Bills offense “kind of found ourselves” over the final weeks of the regular season and their Week 17 performance against the Dolphins was a good illustration of that.

The Bills beat Miami 42-17 and Allen had a direct hand in five of the team’s six touchdowns. He threw for three scores and ran for two more in a performance that the league recognized by naming him the AFC offensive player of the week on Wednesday.

Allen was the 14th quarterback in the Super Bowl era to throw three touchdowns and run for two more in the same game and joins former Dolphins quarterback David Woodley as the only players to do it during their rookie season.

That’s a nice note to close out a losing season and the Bills will be hoping that 2019 brings more of the same.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/02/josh-allen-named-afc-offensive-player-of-the-week/

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Congrats Josh Allen!!  As I recall, Mahomes played the last game of the year in 2017-18 season and lit it up. Now I'm not saying JA is Mahomes, but ending the season on a high note is a good way to stat the off season.

When Josh Allen gets as good of a supporting cast, why can't he be mentioned along side Pat Mahomes?  I personally think JA can be just as good.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

When Josh Allen gets as good of a supporting cast, why can't he be mentioned along side Pat Mahomes?  I personally think JA can be just as good.

if he puts up Mahomes numbers and Bills win the division, he will. He has shown the skills to do it.....he could be dangerous with a good running game

26 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

So now what will the excuses be from the “Anti-Josh Allen” camp?

- “He only did that because he was playing Miami and they suck.”

- “He still was inaccurate”

- “He threw a terrible pick six”

- “He’s a great runner but will never be an accurate passer”

That’s basically all i hear to the point of nausea 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

So now what will the excuses be from the “Anti-Josh Allen” camp?

- “He only did that because he was playing Miami and they suck.”

- “He still was inaccurate”

- “He threw a terrible pick six”

- “He’s a great runner but will never be an accurate passer”

You mean like this tool bag? This guy has a hardon for Allen and Bills fans. Even went out of his way to call both out on ESPN radio. 

Allen and Bills fans are living rent free in that fat dome of his. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Sounds really weird to say at 6-10 ... but this season was a success.

Josh Allen's season could be looked upon as a success, however, there were still quite a few things that went wrong - hence the 6-10 record.

Great accolade for Josh to end the season.

As for Geoff Schwartz: Yes, it's irritating how stubbornly he is sticking to his "Allen stinks" narrative. It's not HALF as annoying as the desperation and persistence of Bills fans in trying to force every analyst in the world to love Allen. So what, they don't like him! Who cares? Let him prove them all wrong with his play in the coming years. Why is it so important to Bills fans that everyone love the kid? The insecurity and Napolean complex of Bills fans is just comically off the charts most of the time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Crap, I’m gonna take a beating for this.  

But in all seriousness, against the broken Dolphins or not, you couldn’t ask for a better way to end the season for Josh. 

Edited by Virgil