I know, I know we need offense, but do we consider the other Josh Allen at 9?

1 hour ago, Antonio said:

If he is there at 9 and the top OL is gone I think he would be a solid pick for us. 

BPA even if it isn´t a position of need. 

^^^^this. Beane has said it a hundred times, he is not drafting for need while he's in charge. BPA

I hope we trade down. If he is still available there is probably a team willing to spend a lot.

We just have too many holes, in my opinion, to stay at 9. If we can't find a trade partner, though, I am fine with taking a defender if he is a special talent, especially a linebacker because I view that as a position of need. I think top needs are:

1) Oline (C, OG, and OT)

2) WR

3) LB

4) CB

5) DE

McDermott is good at getting scrubs to play well on defense, but we certainly need more talent on that side of the ball as well.

2 hours ago, dezertbill said:

OLB is definitely a need with Alexander playing maybe one more year.  The trio of Milano, Edmunds, and Allen would solidify the Bills LB core as one of the best in the league for years.

However, I don't see Allen lasting to 9.

He's a top 5 guy, and with all the needs on the offensive side of the ball, I don't anticipate Beane trading up that far and giving up that much capital to get him.

Rather sit at 9 or trade down and get an OL or WR.

I would agree with everything here except that Beane has repeatedly stated he doesn't draft by need, and prefers BPA. We'll see how that all goes this year, but I have to say I can't disagree with that philosophy here, as especially in this year's draft, it will be so easy to overdraft for a position of need at a pick where the value just isn't there. In the first, it's almost always better to go BPA and get that player that is a game changer.

That being said, I would be perfectly happy with Jonah Williams in the first - I love me some OL picks. But drafting a WR in the top ten would be ridiculous this year - and I'd much rather we fill out our defense with BPA if that's how the cards fall. If Allen is there at 9? I'd go for him over Jonah in all honesty, but would certainly go BPA with that pick or trade back. Trade back is interesting this year given breadth of defensive talent.

Edited by ctk232

2 hours ago, dezertbill said:

OLB is definitely a need with Alexander playing maybe one more year.  The trio of Milano, Edmunds, and Allen would solidify the Bills LB core as one of the best in the league for years.

However, I don't see Allen lasting to 9.

He's a top 5 guy, and with all the needs on the offensive side of the ball, I don't anticipate Beane trading up that far and giving up that much capital to get him.

Rather sit at 9 or trade down and get an OL or WR.

If an OL or WR is the right value at 9 I just cant bring myself to pass on them.  But it all really depends on what happens before the draft and how deep the OL and WR positions are in the draft.

It's super early, but I think Bosa-Allen-White could actually go top three. If Bosa and Allenare off the board, I could totally see the Jets grabbing White. That guy is the real deal. If the Giants and Jags go quarterback, we are going to get a good defensive player. 

Bosa

White 

Allen

Q. Williams

Oliver

D. Brown

R. Gary

J. Simmons

C. Ferrell

M. Sweat

J. Polite

Greedy Williams

That's twelve defensive players I would totally take at 9 with zero hesitation over any "need" like tackle or receiver. My point is that someone is going to reach on Jonah Williams, and the hope is that two quarterbacks go. We are going to get a good player at 9.  

Maybe, just maybe, we can trade up to #4 with the top LB still on the board... then take a WR from the college our HC's son goes to in a deep WR draft.

Oh, wait - been there, done that. :doh:

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Maybe, just maybe, we can trade up to #4 with the top LB still on the board... then take a WR from the college our HC's son goes to in a deep WR draft.

Oh, wait - been there, done that. :doh:

Marrone's kid went to Clemson?