[Name Only Title] Dwayne Haskins...

DefenseWins

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

At #9 you are probably too far back for a blue chipper anyway.... though who knows.... maybe Ed Oliver's behaviour makes him slide. If he is on the board at #9 I'm picking him. The Bills likely wouldn't though.

Why because he got in an argument with his coach about a jacket?

Jordan Philips, who the Bills claimed after he fought with  coach, is not nearly as talented. My bet, is they would run to the podium

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Why because he got in an argument with his coach about a jacket?

Jordan Philips, who the Bills claimed after he fought with  coach, is not nearly as talented. My bet, is they would run to the podium

Hope you are right. That is what they should do.

• Like (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he is raw. Top 10 he would really worry me. His feet are lazy and messy and when pressured I think his mechanics generally fall apart. I see plenty of big boy throws on the games I watched but I need to see him read the field a bit more and I also get that sense that this was an offense he was managing through instruction rather than one he was running himself.

But he has played very well this season and I totally understand in the context of a weak QB class why he would decide to come out. He is the best of these in my opinion and with Herbert staying in school he is the one most likely to get pushed up. I don't have a 1st round grade on him on what I have watched but I do think he is the one QB who likely goes in the 1st round and he is in that Mahomes and Allen position to some extent where people are going to look very much at upside and forgive some of the rawness that is evident on his college film.

Haskins will be a star if he is put in the right situation ( Giants behind Eli for a year would do wonders). He throws the ball with anticipation, great touch, and he is deadly accurate at all levels of the field. The only knock that i can see is that he doesnt have 20 + starts to validate his potential. But he carried OSU this year with no real running game. He elevated OSU's passing games to levels it has never seen...

Edited by Rad Likes The Bills

1 hour ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Right, but it goes back to the Chris Ballard argument from last season.  If you trade back in the draft, you lose out on a “premium pick.”  So if you trade back, you have to consider what you’re missing out on by doing so.  Basically the return has to be excellent, unless you don’t rank any top prospects 

Not really. The draft is a lottery. You trade back and you increase your chances of finding a player that is good. These GMs prove over and over they really don't know who is going to make it in the NFL. 

Do what Indy did. Trade back and still get a ProBowl guard plus multiple picks.

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Not really. The draft is a lottery. You trade back and you increase your chances of finding a player that is good. These GMs prove over and over they really don't know who is going to make it in the NFL. 

Do what Indy did. Trade back and still get a ProBowl guard plus multiple picks.

Ballard didn’t trade back out of the top 10, that’s the point. He traded from 3 to 6, and refused to trade back further because of the philolosophy mentioned.

I think he and Drew Lock go top ten, guessing Giants and Jaguars. Though I'm not sure the Jags want to take a chance on a raw prospect again like Lock or Haskins. 

I could see the Jaguars going after Teddy Bridgewater. He's essentially the anti-Bortles. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

Related ...

25. Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

Haskins took advantage of another stellar performance from his offensive line in the first half against a high-quality Washington secondary in the Buckeyes' Rose Bowl win. The redshirt sophomore completed 67.6 percent of his passes with three touchdowns and no interceptions. His relatively low 6.78 yards-per-attempt average was mostly the byproduct of inefficiency in the second half when the Huskies were able to get some pressure. In the first two quarters though, Haskins demonstrated the ability to maneuver in the pocket away from on-coming defenders. He wasn't as proficient doing so in the second half. His accuracy and movement through progressions were outstanding.

In terms of the bowl game, I thought it was far from one of his best performances. But Washington has one of the best pass defenses in the country and had allowed only 9 passing TDs all year. Haskins had 3 last night. 

I never see him make contested throws into tight windows under pressure.  Ever.  In the rare instances where he has to speed up his clock, I've seen him make horrendous decisions, and/or lose his mechanics entirely and throw the ball into the dirt.

He would scare the heck out of me as a first round pick, let alone a top ten pick.

He's nowhere near the top four from the 2018 draft.

Just don't see it with Haskins.  I get that he came out of a prostyle offense but to me that's kind of the problem - he's able to put up big numbers in an offense that specializes in getting its playmakers "college open."  He's extremely raw as a passer and I really don't know how well his game is going to translate to the NFL.

I wouldn't touch him.  But then again, I am no expert.

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

As with most of the Ohio State QB's lately, the question is can he catch the ball ?

The question is actually, what similarities does he have to the two osu qbs who turned WR? If you can’t answer that, the joke is old and out of context.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The question is actually, what similarities does he have to the two osu qbs who turned WR? If you can’t answer that, the joke is old and out of context.

I'm old and out of context too ... I wouldn't run to the podium to draft this guy though, I think he'll be a bust ... JMO.

11 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I'm old and out of context too ... I wouldn't run to the podium to draft this guy though, I think he'll be a bust ... JMO.

I have no idea if he will be good in the nfl. I don’t know how to professionally scout QBs.  I do know that he is unlike any other QB osu has had. And polar opposite of the ones you mentioned. 

If the conventional wisdom is correct (QB needy teams will over draft prospects out of need) then Dwayne Haskins, and probably Drew Lock and Daniel Jones will get drafted in the first round, and one might get drafted in the tope 10. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Solid pass on him at this point.  Just don't trust tOSU QB's, though they play in a real division and not a watered down SEC or ACC.  I think the kid is talented but lacks what ya need for a real chance at the NFL.

Yep, just say NO to any Ohio State QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.