Would you take a shot on Jalen Collins?

MrEpsYtown

Okay so he is on the market again. He's been suspended multiple times for PEDs I believe and sat out awhile. He signed with the Colts practice squad and they brought him up to the active roster last week. They released him to fill another position. It appears he has been totally clean since coming back with the Colts. 

He's got size, speed, is a playmaker, and tackles. He's a former teammate of Tredavious White, and I think that he would upgrade the cornerback position. He's a great fit for the McDermott system. He's risky yes, but would cost nothing and there is still a ton of upside here. I like Levi Wallace obviously, but Collins has a ton of talent. The way he played in the playoffs for the Falcons their Super Bowl year was just ridiculous. 

Anyway, just wanted to throw the idea out there for discussion. McDermott didn't seem concerned about Trent Murphy's PED suspension, so perhaps this is still a process guy. 

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Okay so he is on the market again. He's been suspended multiple times for PEDs I believe and sat out awhile. He signed with the Colts practice squad and they brought him up to the active roster last week. They released him to fill another position. It appears he has been totally clean since coming back with the Colts. 

He's got size, speed, is a playmaker, and tackles. He's a former teammate of Tredavious White, and I think that he would upgrade the cornerback position. He's a great fit for the McDermott system. He's risky yes, but would cost nothing and there is still a ton of upside here. I like Levi Wallace obviously, but Collins has a ton of talent. The way he played in the playoffs for the Falcons their Super Bowl year was just ridiculous. 

Anyway, just wanted to throw the idea out there for discussion. McDermott didn't seem concerned about Trent Murphy's PED suspension, so perhaps this is still a process guy. 

My question would be, was he good because of the PEDs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think you can take a shot on him.... you just can't rely on him to be the main competition with Wallace in the offseason. I think you still have to draft a guy or sign a FA as well as taking a shot on Collins. If it works out you might then have a stable of 4 decent outside corners to choose from, which is a nice luxury.