Josh Allen is a cheat code on 3rd and 4th and 1!!

4 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Unlike many, I have no problem with Allen running the ball.  He’s a big guy and I’d rather have him tackled 9 yards down the field by a 180lb safety than be crushed by a 300 lb lineman when the pocket collapses.

However when the 180 lb DB or smaller LB is going after him and the player is known for cheap shots I think Josh should do what he says he is a football player and run through the player.

8 hours ago, Steptide said:

I like this play by allen/McDermott. I believe they took a page out of the brady/Belichick book and good for them. 

However I did hate the trying to draw the defense Offside thing where Allen would do the snap count 3 times and then snap the ball. I feel like they did this every single week and it didn't work once 

It’s voice inflection practice. Yes, he never pulled it off. Guess what? They’ll be practicing it many more times next year and years to come. When he gets the Pats* to do it at a critical point in the 4th quarter of a home playoff game, you’ll be the happiest and loudest fan in WNY!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Steptide said:

I like this play by allen/McDermott. I believe they took a page out of the brady/Belichick book and good for them. 

However I did hate the trying to draw the defense Offside thing where Allen would do the snap count 3 times and then snap the ball. I feel like they did this every single week and it didn't work once 

I mean at the end of the day, if you're going to snap the ball and run a play at the end of it, it doesn't hurt to try and draw them offside. I'd rather them do that then try and draw them off and waste a timeout.

I have been screaming at the tv or the coaches when I'm in the stands for 20 years to run qb sneak on short yardage plays.  Finally we have an oc that understands that it's the best way to gain a yard. 

12 hours ago, Steptide said:

I think it worked once and that's why they continued to do it. But after the 2nd or 3rd time everyone in the world knew it was being snapped on the third. 

His conversion percentage is 100% I think. And he nearly broke one of them against the Jets for a possible 30+yard gain if he wasn't tackled by the shoestring.

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I think it worked once and that's why they continued to do it. But after the 2nd or 3rd time everyone in the world knew it was being snapped on the third. 

I think it works on first or second down but third or fourth down situations it's just too obvious.

Oh my God is it a relief to finally have a coaching staff that calls QB sneaks on 3rd and short. After watching Brady do this for YEARS and watching the Bills NEVER do it, despite at times employing large QBs like EJ Manual or mobile QBs like Tyrod, I had just about pulled out every last hair on my head. Go figure, it takes a former Patriots OC to finally get the Bills making this obvious call at a consistent rate. And yes, Allen's physical acumen has a lot to do with the success of this tactic. But having an OC who's willing to call it to begin with has added years to my life.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Logic said:

Oh my God is it a relief to finally have a coaching staff that calls QB sneaks on 3rd and short. After watching Brady do this for YEARS and watching the Bills NEVER do it, despite at times employing large QBs like EJ Manual or mobile QBs like Tyrod, I had just about pulled out every last hair on my head. Go figure, it takes a former Patriots OC to finally get the Bills making this obvious call at a consistent rate. And yes, Allen's physical acumen has a lot to do with the success of this tactic. But having an OC who's willing to call it to begin with has added years to my life.

Yeah we were brutal the last few years with Tyrod on 3rd and a yard or less. So refreshing to have this kid basically be automatic. 

I'd expect them to develop some deep shots on 3rd down and if we fail just run the sneak on 4th ,

On January 1, 2019 at 6:05 PM, Steptide said:

Need EJ back for that to work.