Bills fire OL Coach Juan Castillo

YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Obviously that included assets.

As I said, those assets could've been FUTURE UNKNOWN draft picks rather than a ESTABLISHED, GOOD NFL Player in Glenn. He plays a pretty significant position in LT as well. 

Your kidding yourself or simply making excuses for the trade if you think trading up couldn't have happened without trading Glenn. 

Now the Bills are talking about moving Dawkins who struggled at the position. Guna be hard to find a bonafide LT in FA/the draft. 

While it's not a terrible thing, they seem to value their former players, draft picks and scouting way too much, IMO. 

Id say they are better with Allen, and both Glenn, and Dawkins as your starting tackles, minus a 2nd or 3rd rounder this year..... one less hole to fill and you know what your getting with Glenn. A very good starting LT.

There's no way that Bengals swap picks in the 2018 draft only to come away with a 2nd rounder this year.  It would have cost Bills their 1st and 2nd round picks in the '18 draft, which Beane was not going to do.  Dawkins' adequate play, Glenn's contract and health made him expendable.  Wait until next year to see how durable Glenn will be as his nagging injuries continue to add up.  

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

His contract? The Bills have over $90 million in cap space. His contract isn't an issue. Again, he had a significant foot injury that required surgery.  He played in 13 games this year following the surgery last year. 

Glenn and Dawkins as your tackles> unknown 2nd round pick.

Contract taking into account his health.  Bills concern with Glenn was the accumulation of ailments that affect his game status.  It's not the same as a freak injury like a broken bone or knee tear.  For Glenn, it's been his ankle, foot, shoulder and lately back.  Those start to add up and I'm sure that Bengals are now also worried about Glenn's long term availability.  Glenn is by no means a decade long option at LT for them, just like he was no longer that option for the Bills and that's why he was the ideal trade bait.

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This guy wasn’t close to as bad as some fans want to think he is.  He’s very replaceable but he had ? to work with. 

I don't know.  I think he had a better line last season in terms of personnel, and the run game still fell off a lot from the year before.

This year was obviously worse, and I can't tell if it's Daboll's offense or Castillo's schemes but they're clearly not in sync

• Like (+1) 1

Ok while I was commenting in the receiver coach post I was talking about Raheem Morris and brought up Kyle Flood. As I'm thinking about it, Kyle Flood would be a good fit as an offensive line coach. He was the head coach at Rutgers for a bit and work on those Greg Schiano teams. He has no Daboll connection, but he coached Bill Belicheck's son at Rutgers. He's currently the assistant offensive line coach in Atlanta, and McDermott and Dan Quinn are pretty tight, so if Quinn and Belicheck would recommend Flood, it would be hard to turn down. Kyle Flood is a good coach who struggled recruiting and got a bad rap because his kids on his teams got in lots of trouble. 

15 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

His contract? The Bills have over $90 million in cap space. His contract isn't an issue. Again, he had a significant foot injury that required surgery.  He played in 13 games this year following the surgery last year. 

Glenn and Dawkins as your tackles> unknown 2nd round pick.

I was a big Glenn fan myself, but he has had some misfortuane with injuries.

Speaking of Dawkins at right tackle, that will be a curious possibility. I seem to recall that he initially struggled there, when Buffalo opened OTAs and camp in his rookie year.  But with a new offensive approach and new line coach, it's something thatbim sure they will consider.

• SDS unpinned this topic