Bills fire OL Coach Juan Castillo

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

Hopefully this doesn't get buried here, but relevant to the topic...

Any scoop on possible replacements?  

1. I typically scour the NFL assistant oline coaches, Steelers have a young dude, likely no.  I'd suggest maybe Dallas, Chicago, Kansas City, or Seattle

2. college ranks...maybe Daboll has a few connections from his time at Bama / networking at the collegiate level

I humbly submit Ryan Silverfield  Asst. HC/Run Game Coordinator/O-Line Coach of Memphis.  Previous NFL experience with Detroit and Minnesota before that.  Memphis' offense has been excellent the last couple years and they can run the crap out of the ball.

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I heard Beane use the words "running game" and "unacceptable" at least twice in his presser......OL are coming

Well, it was.

The sad thing was, they inherited the best running game in the NFL. They led the league in yards, YPC, TD's and blew nearly every other team away in runs of 20+ yards and yards before contact (especially from the left hand side).

In 2017, they decided to change the playbook, in one of the more baffling decisions I've seen. Then they decided to go cheap, getting rid of Glenn and his contract, and having Incognito take less. It was then the lowest paid Oline in the league..and it showed.

I really think they believed, "we can just hand off to Shady and it will work".  Well it doesn't.

I can only hope..that like their decision to eliminate speed from the WR corps, they've figured out the error of their ways.

Its only a hope..and not really based on anything.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I humbly submit Ryan Silverfield  Asst. HC/Run Game Coordinator/O-Line Coach of Memphis.  Previous NFL experience with Detroit and Minnesota before that.  Memphis' offense has been excellent the last couple years and they can run the crap out of the ball.

I like it...just my opinion, but I'm all for providing new opportunities as opposed to retreads who were fired elsewhere.

Your option sounds like a good one

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Ray Brown.  Waa with Beane and McDermott in Carolina, started his coaching career here in 2008.  Will be on the outs in Arizona after Wilkes being let go.

Ray Brown makes a ton of sense. He's a good coach, they had no talent. He also played in the NFL which I think is a plus for an O line coach. Ironically, Sean Kulger could be available as well Andy they coached together back in 08 in Buffalo. 

22 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The accountability they’ve demonstrated since the bye week has been very refreshing. Benjamin, Clay, Ducasse, Castillo, Crossman. These move suggest more flexibility than I’ve seen from McD historically.

At first it seemed that their vanity would be their downfall, but maybe things have changed. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1

Just give me a guy who has shown the actual ability to field a good OL more then once.......is it too much to ask?

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The accountability they’ve demonstrated since the bye week has been very refreshing. Benjamin, Clay, Ducasse, Castillo, Crossman. These move suggest more flexibility than I’ve seen from McD historically.

Historically?  He has been a HC for what......two years?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billspro said:

That is important and one of the reasons McD will be successful in Buffalo.

He had to get rid of him because he inexplicably hired the Oline coach before the coordinator. Castillo isn't exactly known for his amazing lines.

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

With McD 's approach to his life of evaluating his every day, its not surprising to see his willingness to change when it is warranted even if he meticulous about it.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Just give me a guy who has shown the actual ability to field a good OL more then once.......is it too much to ask?

Alot really depends on the line, losing 3 pro bowl level lineman is the biggest reason they declined.

I understand the ties with Ray Brown... but I just don’t see the success. 

I’m not against it, just not seeing it. Couldn’t be worse than Juan.

I like Corey Matthaei, KC Assistant Oline coach. Younger guy, been under Any Reid and was there in Philadelphia with McD.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I understand the ties with Ray Brown... but I just don’t see the success. 

I’m not against it, just not seeing it. Couldn’t be worse than Juan.

I like Corey Matthaei, KC Assistant Oline coach. Younger guy, been under Any Reid and was there in Philadelphia with McD.

Ray brown is one of the top o line coaches in league especially in terms of running the ball. Carolina set running records when he was there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1