Bills fire OL Coach Juan Castillo

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Needed to be done, plus the run game really suffered under Castillo.  Good to see McD holding his former associations accountable.

I expect Crossman to go next.  Hopefully Frazier is getting a fire lit under him, as well.

I am so sick of having a D.C. Who mainly runs a cover poo defense and never blitzes. I think the Bills are praying another team signs him as a HC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

• SDS pinned this topic
25 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Not so sure about Crossman.  Has been here many years.year 1 guy with Marrone....and had a number of good teams....so, not sure he is the problem.

As a fan of the Bills for over 30 years, I can say, without question, these were among the top 5 worst ST units in a Bills uniform ever over that span.

They were terrible. I recall one game with two ST penalties on kick offs where the Bills were lined up off sides. Unacceptable and inexcusable.

This ST unit is horrid, and accountability starts with the ST Coach.

I want Crossman out more than Castillo. He is horrible.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I am so sick of having a D.C. Who mainly runs a cover poo defense and never blitzes. I think the Bills are praying another team signs him as a HC.

Yeah, Jauron wore the welcome out for the Tampon 2 when he was here. 

57 minutes ago, CookieG said:

He was part of the problem, but the far larger problem was the lack of talent.

Guys like Vlad, Newhouse and Bodine were bad before they ever got here.

That's on McBeane.

Not for nothing but do you think that the oline coach might have had some input on who he wanted on his line? 

I'm not saying he did but I get the feeling that when building a team you would want the input from the guy that's going to be running the system. 

6 minutes ago, JoeF said:

No a 3x Pro and one time national champion college OC is working with our QB.  Big difference.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

I think he is doing a good job in Buffalo as OC but I wouldnt brag on him too much concerning his other 3 stints as an OC.

However, I do recall Allen mentioning working with him(Daboll) several times.  So apparently Culley is just sitting around and along for the ride.  I'm sure McD would allow that.  You know it isnt like he just fired his good friend or something now is it.

6 minutes ago, JoeF said:

6 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

They probably are afraid to fire him.  They wouldnt want to anger Nate.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

19 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

For those who thought the odds of this happening were a million to juan, you were wrong lol!!!!!

They interviewed a potential replacement named "Amal" but decided against it because ...

... wait for it ...

If you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:
8 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Bills D was pretty good overall, it might not be sexy but they were successful

9 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Regarding Frazier, I know the stats for the defense were good, but the results seemed to prove otherwise.  They weren't particular good in the red zone, we got gashed by opposing rushers, and did not get pressure on the opposing QB.  It is amazing how good our defensive secondary did, though.

I think that will get better as Edmunds continues to work in the offseason.  It is the responsability of the MLB in this D to make adjustments.

33 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

I try not to rejoice at another man's suffering but I think it was justified. I too didn't think much of the talent but the run game was awful all year (except for Allen). It never looked like they knew what to do to make it better. I think starting over, drafting an O lineman and signing a free agent to bolster it and re-thinking the approach is wise.

I do not think coaches getting fired is equivalent to suffering since they get paid for each year they are contracted for.  He can go find some work in college football, learn about upcoming linemen and get a job in 2020.

13 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Does Bobby April still coach? Serious question. Never thought the bills should've let him go

He was special teams coach of the year twice for Bills.

He was with Titans in 2016 and Jets in 2015. In 2017 he coached at LSU.  He did not coach last year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

He was special teams coach of the year twice for Bills.

He was with Titans in 2016 and Jets in 2015. In 2017 he coached at LSU.  He did not coach last year.

He seems to have a good year followed by a bad year, good year, bad year, bad year I think it best we part ways.