Whose contract is worth redoing to spend money in 2019?

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

No it doesn't.  There are accounting things including paying some costs in 2019 they can do.  They can move some spending into 2019 if they choose and then give lower salaries later years.

But why make the contract riskier when you could just carry over unused money?

the only time it really makes sense is to create space now, not later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'd offer Hughes and extension and also McCoy.  In McCoy's case at a reduced incentive based deal for maybe 3 years and that he can easily be cut if he doesn't make certain incentives.  If McCoy says no to it, then you release him.  While McD and Beans both stated they want McCoy back (At this time of year talk is cheap) they didn't necessarily state they want him back on the current contract either.

Haven't  gotten around to this yet, thanks for mentioning it....i dont see Beane extending older players out too far or creating dead money. He does beleive in the draft and keeping your own players. if they cant spend all the cap, wouldnt surprise me if he rolls some over for future needs.

Do the Bills "do" contract redos as a franchise?

The Blue Jays stated they didn't, and the toady media preached this to make the team seem holy,  until it was proven they did it all the time in the mid 80s

14 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Antonio Brown once you trade for him. 

Sure bring him in as long as there is a clause in his contract to leave his "it's all about me" attitude in Pittsburg the reason why i say that is because there are people writing about how he is all booty hurt because Smith Shuster was voted MVP on the Steelers .

We don't need a guy that isn't happy to see another team mate do well & that be the motivation for him to do better especially after the contract he got can you say 

Primadonna !!

Don't know if they're all worth redoing in 2019, but including contracts with upcoming extensions that I'd like to see us address sooner than later (and in no particular order):

Hughes

Shady

Phillips

Poyer

Tre White

Milano

Dawkins

Zay

As much as we need help along the OL and WR, not to mention the DL need and LB depth - I'd really rather see us use our cap to lock some of these guys down longterm, especially the young talent that will be the foundation of this team moving forward. God forbid Allen turns into a franchise guy and we need to pay him accordingly, would be better to have these contracts in a manageable situation once his rookie contract is up.

5 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

Plenty of 2019 cap money but 2020 will be much less once the players are signed in 2019.  

This Shady maybe extend keeping the 2019 money the same but reduced money in 2020.  

It's really not too bad, even in 2020. It's entirely plausible that we'll have ~40 players on contract and ~$70M of cap space available in 2020.

3 hours ago, T master said:

Sure bring him in as long as there is a clause in his contract to leave his "it's all about me" attitude in Pittsburg the reason why i say that is because there are people writing about how he is all booty hurt because Smith Shuster was voted MVP on the Steelers .

We don't need a guy that isn't happy to see another team mate do well & that be the motivation for him to do better especially after the contract he got can you say 

Primadonna !!

He can bring any attitude he wants if he continues to be one of the TOP 3 WRs in the NFL. 

Stop being scared of personalities. 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

It's really not too bad, even in 2020. It's entirely plausible that we'll have ~40 players on contract and ~$70M of cap space available in 2020.

If they spend all available cap space in 2019 and the contracts have even spending for 2020 they will have about 50 million in space in 2020.  

The future is looking bright.