Is Robbie Anderson worth a second rounder.

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I like Anderson and think he would be good with Josh. That said, with Foster's emergence and Zay's late push, the Bills may be able to get away with one major acquisition for WR instead of two, and that guy needs to either be or have potential to be a true #1 WR. And that ain't Anderson. We need a true 1 and maybe a decent 4. Anderson is a 2-3. 

I dont know.  NE doesnt usually have a prototypical #1 They usually have a bunch of 2s and 3s with a top tier TE and a variety of RBs That seems to be the more important cast in this offense.  That said TB doesnt have the arm that Allen does and never has.(I actually researched it and proved that Brady is a less than average Deep thrower in another thread).  So we probably want that guy.  I wish we could get AB.  I just dont like what I think the price will be.  If we already had the Oline in place I would say go for it but we dont.  

BTW I dont agree that Anderson doesnt have #1 potential as he is 6'3" with 4.32 speed and had 2 moster games this season.  I also believe Foster has #1 potential.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

21 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Nope until he gets his off field issues squared away. 

I think Buffalo is now a good place for players to do just that.  Its tolerated in NJ not in Buffalo.  Other than getting falsely accused Shady seems to be under control since McDermott arrived.

13 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Hey buddy.?

13 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Hey buddy.?

Lol that was good.  I do wish we had a hand gesture other than a thumbs up in our emojis.

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I think Buffalo is now a good place for players to do just that.  Its tolerated in NJ not in Buffalo.  Other than getting falsely accused Shady seems to be under control since McDermott arrived.

Lol that was good.

Bandit has a Viewpoint that May differ. That's fine. You can disagree but he isn't a blithering idiot spewing ridiculous statements.  He's worth reading. 

1 hour ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Tough to say.  I guess the debate here is, if Anderson would be more valueable than a WR that you could take in the 2nd round.  

In 2019, I would say that Anderson likely will perform at a higher level than most of the WRs would their rookie year.  Over time though, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that a WR could exceed Anderson’s output.  It all depends how much pressure the Bills are to win in 2019.  My guess would be that they wouldn’t give up an asset for Anderson and as discussed here, he doesn’t seem to be the type of player they want in the locker room 

It would be that 2nd AND the free agent dollars. 

For instance would you rather have him or a top 3-4 free agent wr and a second round WR?

for a guy like Julio or brown I strongly consider a move. For Anderson I’m less interested. As to the age argument- I’m not terribly convinced of Anderson’s longevity in this league

35 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Wow I think you need to look and see who needs to grow up.  The reason he is blocked is because he doesnt pay attention to what hes reading.  If he did  he would already know why I would take give a second rounder for Anderson and not the 9th overall pick straight up for Brown or Julio at this point.  I mentioned several times in the other thread that it was because of where we are at in the rebuild process. You arent familiar with the conversations from before and there are many of them.  Im sick of wasting time discussing anything with someone that isnt going to consider whats being said.  They dont have to agree with it just actually consider what you are reading.  So rather than argue with someone like that and lose my cool I blocked him.  Which is very grown up and wise considering I do lose my cool from time wish I didnt but I do.

You mister internet tough guy need to mind your own business and grow up.

Block whomever you want that’s why the function exists. What you don’t get to tell others to not quote people in “your” thread. It isn’t your thread once the discussion gets going. Just block and try your very best to ignore the quoted responses. It’s not difficult. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Bandit has a Viewpoint that May differ. That's fine. You can disagree but he isn't a blithering idiot spewing ridiculous statements.  He's worth reading. 

I had a long response typed out that explain a few things as to why he is blocked.  Truth is Im not myself lately and Im avoiding people who remind me of things I dont care for in our current society.  Im moody and ill tempered lately and dont want to get in a confrontation I normally would not so I block some people who I feel let the other sides argument go in one ear and out the other.  You can tell by how quickly a person responds and what there response is.  I may be misreading him but for now I avoid contact.  I have no problem with people disagreeing with me.  I dont accuse people of being racist or sexist because they disagree.  No warning points from 2006 to 2018.  Two in the last 2 months says I need to do something even if its temporary.

BTW Badol disagreed with me and he isnt blocked.

26 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

It would be that 2nd AND the free agent dollars. 

For instance would you rather have him or a top 3-4 free agent wr and a second round WR?

for a guy like Julio or brown I strongly consider a move. For Anderson I’m less interested. As to the age argument- I’m not terribly convinced of Anderson’s longevity in this league

He is on the thin side but so is AJ.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

It's "common sense" to think it's a better investment to give up a 2nd round pick and a new contract to a guy who averages 700 yards and 5 TDs per season than to give up a 1st for one of the 3 best WRs in football because he's younger?

That's not sensical--common or otherwise--in any way whatsoever.

Its pretty easy to make your arguement when you ignore the fact that with a scrub vet QB he had almost 1000yards and 7 Tds.

Boyst seems to think you offer things of substance.  I disagree it seems to me that you ignore facts and scew data to try and support your narritive.  Maybe Im wrong maybe you just arent that good at analyzing data and presenting.

I don't see the Bills going after many free agents that would carry a big price tag. But would you be happy with a  2nd round pick averaging 50 receptions, 15 ypc and 6 TD's?  I would think that would be a very successful pick.

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I don't see the Bills going after many free agents that would carry a big price tag. But would you be happy with a  2nd round pick averaging 50 receptions, 15 ypc and 6 TD's?  I would think that would be a very successful pick.

Yes but for how much a year? 

12 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Its pretty easy to make your arguement when you ignore the fact that with a scrub vet QB he had almost 1000yards and 7 Tds.

Boyst seems to think you offer things of substance.  I disagree it seems to me that you ignore facts and scew data to try and support your narritive.  Maybe Im wrong maybe you just arent that good at analyzing data and presenting.

Or maybe I'm just good at cutting straight to the heart of the matter.

Boyst knows his stuff, so when he talks football I pay him mind. There are a good number of posters on this board that really know their stuff. Try not to take things personally--I didn't think our previous exchanges were particularly incendiary in any way and bare you no ill will.

Now, to Anderson: That scrub vet QB had by far his best NFL season--completing a career-high 67% of his passes and throwing for a career-high yardage total. It's worth noting that Anderson was much more productive with McCown than with the #3 overall pick.

Like I said, I was Anderson booster Numero Uno back in 2016. I had him rated as a 3rd round pick when most folks had him as a day 3 guy and NFL GMs decided that he wasn't even worth a 7th--so when I say that I wouldn't trade a 2nd for him, it's not because I don't like the player. It's because you can find a WR2 pretty readily in rounds 3-5. 

If I'm giving up a 2nd round pick, I want a WR1, since that's where you get guys like Michael Thomas, JuJu, Allen Robinson, Davante Adams, and a few others that are bona fide WR1s. 

For me, it's all about most efficient use of resources, and trading a 2nd for a WR2 that needs a new contract and has off-field issues isn't as palatable as trading a 1st for a WR1--because it's a much more difficult position to fill.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Really? Want to make a wager who has more total yards over the next 4 years? Because I'm pretty sure it will be Anderson.

Huh?  You think Anderson will have more yards total than either Julio or Brown?  I mean they are not only 2 of the best WRs in football, but 2 of the best overall players in football.  Neither is older than 30.  WRs still play at elite levels into their mid 30s all the time.  

They will probably each have between 5500 and 6400 yards during that span.   Barring injuries and assuming they both continue to play where they are at or in another offense with a QB who can get them the ball if they move on, they will be Elite still for several more seasons.

Brown had 6000 yards the previous 4 years 1500 per year avg) including missing games.  Julio had about 6500 yards the last 4 years (1600 per year avg), including missing games and having sucky offensive coordinator for 2 of those years.  

Im sorry, but I don’t see how Robby Anderson will average over 1500 yards the next 4 years.  And can’t see a scenario where he ends up with more yards than either of two of the best WRs in football unless those guys get hurt.  

Would I take Robby here, yes he’s better than anything we got.  I would not want to give up a second for him though when better WRs have been traded for less that didnt have the off field stuff either.  

Id rather not give up a second and try and sign Tate.  Also rumors that Julio, Antonio, AJ Green and now OBJ might all be available this off season.  That’s who I am trading a high pick for, not Robby Anderson.  Plus this draft is loaded at WR

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

You're fine giving up a 2nd rounder for Robby Anderson, despite his multiple off-field issues, but you're dead set against giving up a first rounder for either Antonio Brown or Julio Jones?

Sorry; I don't get it.

As for Robby, no, I wouldn't give a 2. Robby is a nice player, but I had a R3 grade on him coming out of Temple; I feel like equal players can (and will) come from the middle rounds of the next 2 drafts.

Julio Jones is going nowhere.. the Falcons be down right stupid let him go

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Huh?  You think Anderson will have more yards total than either Julio or Brown?  I mean they are not only 2 of the best WRs in football, but 2 of the best overall players in football.  Neither is older than 30.  WRs still play at elite levels into their mid 30s all the time.  

They will probably each have between 5500 and 6400 yards during that span.   Barring injuries and assuming they both continue to play where they are at or in another offense with a QB who can get them the ball if they move on, they will be Elite still for several more seasons.

Brown had 6000 yards the previous 4 years 1500 per year avg) including missing games.  Julio had about 6500 yards the last 4 years (1600 per year avg), including missing games and having sucky offensive coordinator for 2 of those years.  

Im sorry, but I don’t see how Robby Anderson will average over 1500 yards the next 4 years.  And can’t see a scenario where he ends up with more yards than either of two of the best WRs in football unless those guys get hurt.  

Would I take Robby here, yes he’s better than anything we got.  I would not want to give up a second for him though when better WRs have been traded for less that didnt have the off field stuff either.  

Id rather not give up a second and try and sign Tate.  Also rumors that Julio, Antonio, AJ Green and now OBJ might all be available this off season.  That’s who I am trading a high pick for, not Robby Anderson.  Plus this draft is loaded at WR

Could you imagine a focused OBJ with Allen?

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

He did hold out of offseason activities because he wants a new deal. There's smoke there. Will they deal him? I don't know, but I bet they'd listen 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

Top 10 in the NFL?  How do you get to that conclusion? 

6’3

ran a 4.34 at his pro day

good route runner

has had success against good CBs with mediocre QB play.

Teams/coaches have the luxury of being able

to talk to these guys and gauge their personality. I don’t. My guess is he is an immature kid with his head screwed on sideways. If I met with him and he proved otherwise I’d absolutely trade for him. He has a rare combination of talent and his ability as a burner who can high point the ball is perfect for JA. 

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Could you imagine a focused OBJ with Allen?

He did hold out of offseason activities because he wants a new deal. There's smoke there. Will they deal him? I don't know, but I bet they'd listen 

Rumors are Niners want in on OBJ if Giants make him available, so there will be competition.  But damn, if he is, pick up the phone and get it done Beane!  Allen and OBJ would be lethal together, and Buffalo I think would be good place for him away from the big market off field stuff.  And I think McD is the kind of coach that could keep him buying in.  

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

It's not quite that simple......he's looking for another $8M-$10M per year added to his existing deal.

He held out briefly last year.

As Matty Ice ages his deep ball has turned into an intermediate ball and one could argue that he would still be very well served with a bunch of cheaper short to intermediate range receivers instead of paying one X/Y receiver $18M per..........and meanwhile their defense needs a big overhaul.

It would be conventional to conclude that they need Julio to keep up with a team like the Saints...........but the Saints have actually been the model for dumping star receiving targets in favor of building up other areas of the team and just letting the savvy vet QB raise the level of his WR corps.