NCAA Kickoff Fair Catch Rule?

LabattBlue

I don’t watch a ton of College football, or maybe I’m not paying close attention when I do watch.  When did they make a rule where you can fair catch a kickoff in the field of play and it goes to the 25?

I’m not sure who is ruining the kickoff more...

NFL or NCAA?

Edited by LabattBlue

15 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I don’t watch a ton of College football, or maybe I’m not paying close attention when I do watch.  When did they make a rule where you can fair catch a kickoff in the field of play and it goes to the 25?

haha wtf?  That’s ridiculous 

Just ten years ago, kickoff was filled with flashing cameras and represented the ultimate peak of anticipationand excitement surrounding the game.There was no better feeling or moment in sports. 

For many reasons, they've ruined that moment and turned it into as anticlimactic as the puck drop in hockey.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Just ten years ago, kickoff was filled with flashing cameras and represented the ultimate peak of anticipationand excitement surrounding the game.There was no better feeling or moment in sports. 

For many reasons, they've ruined that moment and turned it into as anticlimactic as the puck drop in hockey.

Why do NHL radio announcers not bother picking up the play until five seconds after the face off?