2019 HC openings - updates

YoloinOhio

Dan Campbell seems like he’d be a good get. Browns should bring in a young guy like that and keep Freddy Kitckens (and the Gregg, if he would stay).

The Bengals hiring Hue Jackson or Vance Joseph is the most Bengals thing (other than keeping Marvin Lewis). They need to chop down the Lewis tree and feed it to a chipper. Move on. Try to do something for Pete’s sake.

Also, what distinguishes Kris Richard from Gus Bradley, and Dan Quinn? He looks like the same “got my start in the Seattle dynasty days defensive mind. 

2 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Wow....he is a horrible coach.  Good luck with that

Probably just a Rooney Rule interview.  Joseph is supposed to be a defensive coach, though the Broncos defense was bad the last two years.

18 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

I wonder if Bieniemy (sounds like "the enemy") would be as highly sought after if his last name were Jones or Clark or Williams.

I remember Chris Berman, on Prime Time, referred to him as Eric "Sleeping with Bienemy."  I miss him on ESPN.  He and Tom Jackson were the best at reviewing game highlights.

Sorry...didn't see that someone else already posted this nugget.  I guess we all liked watching Berman.

Edited by jkeerie
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

It amazes me these teams continue to overlook the quality special teams NFL coaches out there. (e.g. Dave Toub)

Miami is interviewing their ST coach who is well thought of. Toub was a big name last year but not this year for some reason.

3 hours ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

This year is a trainwreck for those teams searching for HCs.  I am so thankful we have our guy in place.  I can't imagine trying to pick someone out of this lot.

Especially when we all know every team wants Gregggggggggg.  If KC and LA Rams could pull together the cash, they would too!  (In a NY minute...)

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Crazy or not, I just don’t understand why the Browns wouldn’t bring back Gregg Williams. The team played damn good under his watch.

They can’t afford the cost of a years supply of air horns.

• Haha (+1) 1