2019 HC openings - updates

YoloinOhio

55 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, him. 

He's been DC of the Vikes since 2014 (when they improved from #32 to #11 D on points), and they've had a top-10 D the last 4 years.

I thought he couldn't coach D 'cuz of what he did here, but it turns out he just didn't have players.

I'm amazed McDaniels would get looks after he stood up the Colts as he did.

I was thinking the same thing. Why would anyone interview this guy at all? He wasn’t good as a head coach, and as an OC has Tom Brady his entire career. Add in that he accepted, then refused the colts offer. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/4/2019 at 10:40 AM, TheFunPolice said:

true, but what if you sign Flacco? all of a sudden Denver is a decent team again.

I think the problem in Denver was the OL and the coaching, with an aged WR corps that has lost a step a subsidiary factor, more than Keenum. 

What makes you think recent Flacco >> Keenum?

On 1/4/2019 at 10:40 AM, TheFunPolice said:

No solving the Rogers issue. The guy is constantly getting hurt and Green Bay is not a very talented roster. And since you have Rogers you are expected to win, which hasn't happened there.

Maybe if GB upgraded their OL, Rodgers might get hurt less?  About the "not very talented roster" you're right, but IMO the problems are more the quality of the D.

25 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Simply amazing how the coaches float around the league from job to job.

This is amazing unless he asked them to do it.

He probably asked them. It’s strange they even asked for permission. That like a potential employer calling our current employer asking if we could interview. It’s none of their business considering they aren’t even a professional league. 

On 1/2/2019 at 2:22 PM, dpberr said:

It amazes me these teams continue to overlook the quality special teams NFL coaches out there. (e.g. Dave Toub)

Danny Crossman for head coach of the Jets!  Do it, New York!

41 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

He probably asked them. It’s strange they even asked for permission. That like a potential employer calling our current employer asking if we could interview. It’s none of their business considering they aren’t even a professional league. 

Depeneds in what Kliffs contact says, he might have a “no interviewing” or “no quitting for the NFL” clause that would cost him if he quit.  So it totally could be their business...

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

Depeneds in what Kliffs contact says, he might have a “no interviewing” or “no quitting for the NFL” clause that would cost him if he quit.  So it totally could be their business...

I’d rather have Cliff Claven as HC. KK just got canned as HC of Texas Tech. As an OC, fine... but what makes him a good nfl HC candidate?? I just don’t get it. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 1/1/2019 at 7:03 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

8 already?

wow.  I knew of 4 or so. 1/4 of the NFL. 

Can't blame teams for looking for a new new coach all the time.

There is a total dearth of talent at the HC position in the NFL.

10 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Can't blame teams for looking for a new new coach all the time.

There is a total dearth of talent at the HC position in the NFL.

I guess it comes down to expectations though. 32 NFL teams, 12 go to the playoffs every year, what should be expected? Playoff appearance every other year?

On 1/5/2019 at 6:57 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

Josh McDaniels acting like he is freaking Bill Walsh.

I ***** hate that guy. Everything he has in life is because of Brady and Belichick.

I think last seasons "talk" with Kraft to remain in NE*  may have altered his ego.  

Let him go to Denver.  Horse teeth Elway doesn't know what he's doing.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan