2019 HC openings - updates

YoloinOhio

22 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

Yay, no mention of Daboll.

We need some god-forsaken continuity...

Except for ST's, it's time for Crossman's head to roll.

Daboll, an up and comer but with the 31st ranked defense on a 6-10 team who I honestly believe shouldn't even really be a candidate anywhere, will be hired after the super bowl, six weeks from now with all other competent OCs snatched up.

This...is Buffalo luck.

17 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Crazy or not, I just don’t understand why the Browns wouldn’t bring back Gregg Williams. The team played damn good under his watch.

They don't have enough money to pay most likely, with the Rams and Patriots in a bidding war for him.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s getting an interview, so it’s possible. 

Kitchens is the key there...but if he stays and the Offence hums, he is gone next year to a Head Coach job in a Willimas/Kitchens setup. Is that what the Browns want ..Gregg( the third G for genius) picking an offensive coordinator after one year?

Or do you want an offensive minded coach ? Interesting questions

On 1/2/2019 at 6:28 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

Crazy or not, I just don’t understand why the Browns wouldn’t bring back Gregg Williams. The team played damn good under his watch.

i supposed they still could but with HamSalad running the show who knows what will happen there.

My ranking of the current HC openings...

Cleveland

Denver

NJ Jets

Green Bay

Miami

Arizona

Tampa Bay

Cincinnati

As crazy as it sounds, the Browns job is the best one out there, aside from ownership. Baker Mayfield and a defense loaded with talent from picking top 1-2 every year. Plus, if you win there you are a God. That matters to coaches. Cleveland is going in the right direction and is set up to do well as the Steelers fall apart and the Bengals are hopeless.

I put Green Bay #4 because you get an old, overrated egomaniac QB who always comes up short and is constantly injured. The "GOAT bowl" between GB and NE this year was the dumbest thing I had ever seen. Rogers is constantly described as the "best QB in the league" yet he doesn't win, almost never goes anywhere in the playoffs, and he seemingly is always injured. Good luck to whoever goes there. That team is also mediocre at best pretty much everywhere in terms of talent and will not spend $$ in free agency.

I put the Bengals last because that team is just hopeless feeling. A team full of 8-8 type guys like Dalton who are declining. The one plus is that you'll get a decade. The big minus is being there for a decade. The Bengals are just a depressing team.

49 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

My ranking of the current HC openings...

Cleveland

Denver

NJ Jets

Green Bay

Miami

Arizona

Tampa Bay

Cincinnati

As crazy as it sounds, the Browns job is the best one out there, aside from ownership. Baker Mayfield and a defense loaded with talent from picking top 1-2 every year. Plus, if you win there you are a God. That matters to coaches. Cleveland is going in the right direction and is set up to do well as the Steelers fall apart and the Bengals are hopeless.

I put Green Bay #4 because you get an old, overrated egomaniac QB who always comes up short and is constantly injured. The "GOAT bowl" between GB and NE this year was the dumbest thing I had ever seen. Rogers is constantly described as the "best QB in the league" yet he doesn't win, almost never goes anywhere in the playoffs, and he seemingly is always injured. Good luck to whoever goes there. That team is also mediocre at best pretty much everywhere in terms of talent and will not spend $$ in free agency.

I put the Bengals last because that team is just hopeless feeling. A team full of 8-8 type guys like Dalton who are declining. The one plus is that you'll get a decade. The big minus is being there for a decade. The Bengals are just a depressing team.

Aaron Rodgers > Case Keemun. All day long.

53 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Aaron Rodgers > Case Keemun. All day long.

true, but what if you sign Flacco? all of a sudden Denver is a decent team again.

No solving the Rogers issue. The guy is constantly getting hurt and Green Bay is not a very talented roster. And since you have Rogers you are expected to win, which hasn't happened there.

33 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

true, but what if you sign Flacco? all of a sudden Denver is a decent team again.

No solving the Rogers issue. The guy is constantly getting hurt and Green Bay is not a very talented roster. And since you have Rogers you are expected to win, which hasn't happened there.

Flacco doesn’t seem like a ton of an upgrade there. 

Rodgers is one of the greatest QB talents in the league. He has an attitude, but his career has widely been wasted by piss-poor management. I’m not saying it’ll be easy to turn it around, but the appeal (with two 1st round picks) is there.

On 1/1/2019 at 6:50 PM, Happy Gilmore said:

Probably just a Rooney Rule interview.  Joseph is supposed to be a defensive coach, though the Broncos defense was bad the last two years.

They are also reported to be interviewing Hue Jackson and Eric Bienemy.  Which one is the Rooney Rule interview?  ? All of those men have a connection to the Bengals having coached there or played there at one time, which is how Mike Brown likes to do business.  

Edited by purple haze

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Please let this happen.   Gang Green D will disintegrate like ours did under Rex.  

Sam Darnold throwing 45 passes a game and being sacked 5x while throwing 2 picks per game is Music to my ears. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/1/2019 at 8:38 PM, poblano said:

The George Edwards from Galley's years?

Yes, him. 

He's been DC of the Vikes since 2014 (when they improved from #32 to #11 D on points), and they've had a top-10 D the last 4 years.

I thought he couldn't coach D 'cuz of what he did here, but it turns out he just didn't have players.

On 1/3/2019 at 9:50 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Not surprising. McDaniels has repeatedly said he will be selective, he was never going to take this job anyway 

I'm amazed McDaniels would get looks after he stood up the Colts as he did.