Buffalo needs a complete rebuild on Offense

Socal-805

34 minutes ago, McNubbins said:

The hardest and most important aspect is the line.

Everyone sez that but it’s not a priority in reality.

John, most teams do not prioritize the offensive line, that should be painfully obvious.

or are you being snarky over my comment that everyone says the line is a top priority?

Edited by row_33

29 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Anybody see Golden Tate in 2018?  And he only started 4 games in 17. Sorry if I want my number 1 to start more than a quarter of a season. He's no longer a number 1 WR.

He started 12 games in Detroit in 2017.

A guy like Tate is a placeholder for the future #1.  He brings experience to the WR room and would be the first pro working with JA.

I think you have some of your stats wrong.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TateGo00.htm

3 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

Outside of the below player/positions, who do you really need to keep?

1.  Josh Allen - QB

2.  Robert Foster - WR

3.  Dion Dawkins - LT

o  The O-line is probably the worst in all of Pro football.  COMPLETE rebuild outside of Dawkins, who may possibly be the only actual NFL starter at O-line on the roster.

o  Running Back - McCoy is probably finished, and no RB or FB under 30 years old when season starts next.  

o  Tight End - Clay?  Stop it! Croom!  That's it?

o Receivers - Robert Foster has stepped up this season, but AGAIN this is almost certainly the WORST group of receivers in the NFL.  How long can this go on???

Nothing stated above is really an exaggeration.

=======================================================================================

Buffalo is 30th in yards/game, 30th in points/game and 31st in passing yards.

Josh Allen accounts for more rushing yards than anyone I believe.

Push the reset button this year, and start the rebuild before it's too late - please.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2018&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

FA NEEDS

#1 a VET Center. I really don't care how much we pay or what we loose to get who ever its going to be but Josh Allen needs help with defensive assignments on the line and the current ones are not getting it done

#2 a VET LG. move Teller over to the right side. This is another position I feel strong about.

#3 a VET #2 WR. So there was a big article about many teams not having a solid #1 WR but with two solid #2 WR the teams get by just fine. I think  Z.Jones can also be a solid #2 but he needs help. As much as a love Foster I feel that he is a #3. Foster on certain plays can act like a #2 running deep with Jones in the slot at times with another #2 Ball Hog.

ISSUES IN FA

I do not see a solid #1 WR out there and nor do I see a LT out there I would be good with. This poses a problem that has to be fixed in the draft.

DRAFT

#1 a LT all the way. There are a few I like out there with names like  Jawan Taylor, Greg (not so) Little, Jonah Williams. Sure as heck one of these guys will fall to us in round one.

#2 WR This is where we take a chance at WR again, accept in round 2. Marquise Brown. I know I know, not the big guy I was talking about but he has blazing speed with great rout running abilities. This guy is a work in progress because he needs strength and conditioning but I think he will be amazing.

#3 DT Greg Gains this guy is a diesel engine that never stops. at 6'1 315 pounds he is very much Kyle Williams like on the field. I don't know if he falls this deep but if he does its a win win.

With the fourth rounds on up I would get depth at any offensive line position, DL, OLB, WR. BUT one of these picks soon has to be a HB as this is a HB deep draft.

If we get this done, I feel we will already be 200% better then prior year.

one last note.. I hear a lot of people saying just get BPA blah blah and I don't buy it. there are good teams I the past that do not get BPA and do just fine cause of big needs on the team. Round #1 LT falls right to us without reaching and round #2-3 best WR/DT that falls to us in what ever order.

Edited by PrimeTime101

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I am going to make a point I have been trying to make for a while now.

Bills fans need to understand that going forward is not about who starts next year.

It is entirely about who goes to camp next year.

Who goes to camp I think heavily is determined by whether the OL coach, lack of ability to run coordinator is kept.

He was hired before OC was in 2017 so I think he will remain and I am not impressed by him despite supposedly good league rep.

3 hours ago, MJS said:

I bet Mills starts again next year at RT. Not ideal, but I just highly doubt we'll be able to sign/draft 3 upgrades on the oline.

Almost every team in the league is oline hungry, which means most will get resigned by their current teams and the rest will be fought over.

So I bet Dawkins, Mills, and Teller are starters. Then hopefully we can get upgrades at Center and RG.

Building this oline is going to take a few years.

Mills continuing to start translates to continued mediocrity. 

10 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Who goes to camp I think heavily is determined by whether the OL coach, lack of ability to run coordinator is kept.

He was hired before OC was in 2017 so I think he will remain and I am not impressed by him despite supposedly good league rep.

Good point.  One thing that I am speculating about is that Daboll will take on a lot more responsibility as OC.

The question about the OL/Run Coordinator is going to be something to watch in the next few weeks.

Vlad Ducasse's fate is also going to be interesting.

3 hours ago, Yav said:

The Bills are good on the left side. They need to upgrade the right side of the line and they can add N'Keal Harry to the WR group in the draft and that will give them a solid core of young guys with Jones, Harry, Foster and McKenzie. Croom has been decent but they could use an upgrade at TE and they def. need a young RB. 

RG, RT, RB, WR and TE. 

Lets hope they can find OL help in FA and draft Harry out of ASU. 

i think teller struggled a lot more than people think

3 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Mills continuing to start translates to continued mediocrity. 

At one position, yes. There isn't a single offensive line in the league with quality guys at every single position.

9 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Barry Sanders in his prime would have been ineffective with this line.  Shady will bounce back next year with the Oline overhaul.  And Zay Jones has been emerging as an effective receiver when he doesn't drop the ball.

It is pretty tough to make plays as a RB when the defense greets you in the backfield...

Even using Shady as a receiver more often would be a big help to the offense. The guy is still a force in the open field. 

11 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Zay Jones still has some potential.  Isaiah McKenzie is a decent gadget player.

Maybe Wyatt Teller has a chance after another offseason of conditioning and working with coaches.

Other than that, we are probably looking at an overhaul of 7-8 offensive positions.

The good news is, we don't need much help (if any) on the defensive side.

On D, I think we need an outside CB and a penetrating, pass rushing DT. Maybe Harry can step it up, but as of now, I don't see him as the answer for Kyle's departure.

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He's been inconsistent as a reciever but has upside there. Apparently they wanted a 6th. 

We have enough receivers (I before e except after c) with bad hands. Might as well keep Clay if that's what we waNt.

Let's try something different. Sign/draft/trade for guys that can catch the freakin' football.

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We would be lucky to get 2 of those guys.....and it would prob eat up most of our cap space to get 3

I guess most of the cap space would be more than half of the 90 or so million dollars.

You really think it going to be around 50 mill for three starting OL?

So you are saying three guys are going to be making around 17 mill a year apiece?

That's a little out of whack, don't you think?

Personally though, I think the Bills will target two OL starters in FA and draft another one. But that is just me.

14 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Keep them all. Bring in more. Competition accross the board in preseason. Cut to 53. Thats how it worked last year. Thats how it will work this year and that is how it will work every year after this.

Thank you.

Dontcha just hate when the kids are home for the holidays?..

• Haha (+1) 1