Buffalo needs a complete rebuild on Offense

Socal-805

McCoy will be back and will be fine with a new OL.

I don't think people understand how awful this line is. There is one average lineman, Dawkins, and a bunch if guys that would be hard to make a NFL roster.

1. Allen

2. Foster

3. Zay

4. Dawkins

5. McCoy

6. Teller

Keep Bodine.

I would try to bring back Mills on the cheap. He is a bottom tier RT but he can play a little.

Rebuild from inside out. Keep in mind that could include moving Dawkins to LG and drafting or signing a LT. I'd be ok with that. Miller, Groy, Ducasse all need to go. 

I would favor a first round OL, a veteran WR, a veteran C/G, and then draft another WR in the second round. Ideally they trade down and pick up a pass rusher in the draft as well.

Would I trade a second round pick for Antonio Brown? Yes in heart beat. But McBeane won't. 

Oh my, that doesn't even address the TE spot. Wow. As much as I hate the idea, I would be ok bringing Clay back. They don't need to cut him right away. They can wait and see what happens in FA and the draft before making the final call on Clay. There is not much cap savings by cutting him and they have enough to make several signings before they need to decide on Clay. 

Edited by Ethan in Portland

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I bet Mills starts again next year at RT. Not ideal, but I just highly doubt we'll be able to sign/draft 3 upgrades on the oline.

Almost every team in the league is oline hungry, which means most will get resigned by their current teams and the rest will be fought over.

So I bet Dawkins, Mills, and Teller are starters. Then hopefully we can get upgrades at Center and RG.

Building this oline is going to take a few years.

They’d have to resign him i believe.  They will look to upgrade 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I would keep Isaah McKenzie

Maybe as a return man or a 5/6th WR , just   to many drop balls ? that SHOULD have been caught, 

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

Zay Jones stays. He’s getting better and can definitely be a number 2. 

I still think we can use a better # 2 , maybe a slot would be a good spot for him 

Our offense is not in need of a "COMPLETE" overhaul. Foster and Zay can develop into a great 2-3 tandem. We just need to find our number 1 WR. Move Dawkins back to RT and Teller is a good LG IMO. Just find a LT like Jonah in the draft, pick up a veteran Center in free agency, and our o-line should be improved. I don't think we're THAT far away from being a good offense but this offseason is key and Brandon can't be cheap. 

3 minutes ago, Putin said:

Maybe as a return man or a 5/6th WR , just   to many drop balls ? that SHOULD have been caught, 

McKenzie also made a lot of plays to go with those dropped balls......an in season pick up so he didnt go through training camp with us

I look at him as a utility player.......it would not prevent us from bring in sayyyyyy Golden Tate

2 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Our offense is not in need of a "COMPLETE" overhaul. Foster and Zay can develop into a great 2-3 tandem. We just need to find our number 1 WR. Move Dawkins back to RT and Teller is a good LG IMO. Just find a LT like Jonah in the draft, pick up a veteran Center in free agency, and our o-line should be improved. I don't think we're THAT far away from being a good offense but this offseason is key and Brandon can't be cheap. 

For whatever reason Dawkins didnt look good at RT when they initually tried him at RT.....he did however look VERY good at LG when they subbed him for Cog......I think that is naturally his position.   Would love to see a lineup that would allow us to move Deon to LG

2 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

Shady looks like he's certainly hit the wall.

The wall i saw McCoy hit the most the last 2 years was the backs of his OLin e being pushed into the backfield.

As far as WR s go, I would be Ok with running year them all off and starting fresh like we did with the DBz 2 years ago.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

McKenzie also made a lot of plays to go with those dropped balls......an in season pick up so he didnt go through training camp with us

I look at him as a utility player.......it would not prevent us from bring in sayyyyyy Golden Tate

No thanks. 

2 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Barry Sanders in his prime would have been ineffective with this line.  Shady will bounce back next year with the Oline overhaul.  And Zay Jones has been emerging as an effective receiver when he doesn't drop the ball.

When Sanders wasnt doing the spectacular runs he was often caught in the backfield for losses.Ask any football watcher over 50.

Partly do to his diminutive size,running style and a not great offensive line with the Lions.

ps-I like Croom.

pss-Allen turned good protection into an emergency many many times due to his standing there like a wooden indian staring downfield and not moving his feet. Its not ALL the O line's fault.

Rob Johnson did that a lot as well.

Edited by Tcali

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Why?

Because he's gonna be 31 years old and his production has dipped GREATLY over the last 2-3 years. What more do I need to explain?

There isnt a FA WR worth the money in the offseason. If we want a number 1, we'll need to trade for one or draft one. 

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

13 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

No thanks. 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Why?

A couple of things about Golden Tate.

I know he will want at least a 3 year contract for around 10 million per.

That could be front loaded with the guarantees to make it more a 2 year contract.

Having a veteran WR who has been nothing but a true professional might be a good thing in a Bills WR room with a lot of young guys.

The other thing is he caught a lot of Stafford balls in Detroit.  Stafford throws a fast ball like Josh Allen does.

That could be a benefit.

3 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Because he's gonna be 31 years old and his production has dipped GREATLY over the last 2-3 years. What more do I need to explain?

There isnt a FA WR worth the money in the offseason. If we want a number 1, we'll need to trade for one or draft one. 

He had over 1000 yards in 2016 and 2017 and over 500 yards in Detroit in 7 games.

I don't see that as a drop off.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

That could be front loaded with the guarantees to make it more a 2 year contract.

Having a veteran WR who has been nothing but a true professional might be a good thing in a Bills WR room with a lot of young guys.

The other thing is he caught a lot of Stafford balls in Detroit.  Stafford throws a fast ball like Josh Allen does.

That could be a benefit.

To me Golden Tate is just want the Dr. ordered here.....that does not mean we should not take a WR high (I am high on deebo samuel) in the 2nd round.......this is a very young WR core....

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

That could be a benefit.

golden also played with the scramble drill king Russell Wilson whose game Josh's resembles and should be taken advantage of.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

To me Golden Tate is just want the Dr. ordered here.....that does not mean we should not take a WR high (I am high on deebo samuel) in the 2nd round.......this is a very young WR core....

I think a higher round WR in the draft is a must.  Positional spending wise the Bills are not spending anything on WRs and won't for a while.

That's another reason that Tate might be a good fit.

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

golden also played with the scramble drill king Russell Wilson whose game Josh's resembles and should be taken advantage of.

Didn't even consider that as I was thinking only of his Detroit stint.  That just gives me another reason to like Tate if they can get him.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

That could be a benefit.

He had over 1000 yards in 2016 and 2017 and over 500 yards in Detroit in 7 games.

I don't see that as a drop off.

Anybody see Golden Tate in 2018?  And he only started 4 games in 17. Sorry if I want my number 1 to start more than a quarter of a season. He's no longer a number 1 WR.

Zay has kind of become an underrated player here.  He still had a few bad games, but the improvement from year 1 to 2 was huge.  I still think he can be a good #2.  He’ll benefit more than anyone from the Bills getting a true #1.

And we got the most important piece - the franchise QB.  We’ll probably keep a few more guys than are listed in the OP for depth, but I expect free agency and the draft to be very focused on O line and WR.

2 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Barry Sanders in his prime would have been ineffective with this line.  Shady will bounce back next year with the Oline overhaul.  And Zay Jones has been emerging as an effective receiver when he doesn't drop the ball.

RBs don’t go out there with intent on 35 carries a game any more.